1. New York
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 23:10
    Thoughts on this weekend's action? Rugby action, that is....
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 17:40
    Ireland were unlucky not to do better but i think France deserved it in the end evn though they went to sleep for 20 mins! scotland are terrible this year and i don't care who objects, they were outclassed by Wales through the whole game and if you say that Wales beat England then blame a man named Wilkinson!!!!!!
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 07:03
    I've only seen highlights, but the French are looking pretty good?
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 12:352 edits
    Originally posted by jacko13
    if you say that Wales beat England then blame a man named Wilkinson!!!!!!
    I'm not Jesus Jonny's greatest fan but it was hardly all his fault that England lost to Wales. There were a number of factors

* Despite a good start, England scored just 3 points after the 23min mark
    * Wales made mistakes galore in the 1st half, it made England look a lot better than they are
    * England didn't punish Wales heavily enough for those mistakes
    * England had a number of injuries during the game making an unstable team and a 2nd rower had to play at No.8
    * Wales woke up and started playing in the 2nd half and applying pressure
    * England started making mistakes under pressure
    * Wales took their chances
    * Wales were fitter than England and this really started to show in the last 10mins
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 12:39
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I've only seen highlights, but the French are looking pretty good?
    Yes, but then they are just as likely to not turn up at all as play a blinder! I like those kind of French teams - at least they play some decent rugby unlike in the Laporte days. The championship needs their flair. Apart from Wales the others are horrible to watch.

England - 10 man game, try to play some rugby, fail, back to the 10 man rugby
    Ireland - 10 man game, kick to the corners, catch and drive, yawn
    Italy - Forward oriented game plan, horribly disorganised
    Scotland - Total gash, spoil, spoil, hope for penalties
  6. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 13:16
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    England were terrible in the second half both games, after being quite good in the first. But the 10 man rugby comment is completely wrong.

It was more - try to play some rugby - succeed to some extent but not finish off enough moves - start suffering due to injuries and a lack of fitness - panic - fail to play any sort of rugby whatsoever.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 16:101 edit
    Originally posted by mtthw
    England were terrible in the second half both games, after being quite good in the first. But the 10 man rugby comment is completely wrong.

It was more - try to play some rugby - succeed to some extent but not finish off enough moves - start suffering due to injuries and a lack of fitness - panic - fail to play any sort of rugby whatsoever.
    So given that you also said that they tried to play some rugby and failed - which is what I said - then how is that "completely wrong"?

For a more detailed analysis of what I thought went wrong in the Wales game you only have to read one post above.
  8. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 16:211 edit
    So given that you also said that they tried to play some rugby and failed - which is what I said - then how is that "completely wrong"?
    The bit where you said they'd reverted to 10 man rugby.

If they had, they wouldn't have been so rubbish.

OK, so "completely" was probably too strong 🙂
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 17:36
    Yes, but then they are just as likely to not turn up at all as play a blinder! I like those kind of French teams - at least they play some decent rugby unlike in the Laporte days. The championship needs their flair. Apart from Wales the others are horrible to watch.

Ireland - ...[text shortened]... iented game plan, horribly disorganised
    Scotland - Total gash, spoil, spoil, hope for penalties
    Ok ireland have a ten man game. They're just trying to copy Munster though. It works for Munster but O'sullivan can't get it organised enough for Ireland. They have two of the best centres in the world though (when they're playing well) and they have the ability to do well through the three quarters. geordan Murphy is a great runner if he's playing well but we still need shaggy back
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 09:33
    Ok ireland have a ten man game. They're just trying to copy Munster though. It works for Munster but O'sullivan can't get it organised enough for Ireland. They have two of the best centres in the world though (when they're playing well) and they have the ability to do well through the three quarters. geordan Murphy is a great runner if he's playing well but we still need shaggy back
    ... and for that reason alone EOS should be sacked. (With one or two exceptions) He has the Munster 1 to 10 and the Leinster centres and outside backs. Both sides have proven to be up there with the best in Europe and yet he can't get them to play together.

If you thought Lord Bald did a bad job of "coaching" the Lions in NZ, wait and see what Eddie does if he gets the job for the tour to SA. Picking Hayes, Leamy, Reddan and a few other Irish favourites would be the least of our worries!
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 09:411 edit
    ... and for that reason alone EOS should be sacked. (With one or two exceptions) He has the Munster 1 to 10 and the Leinster centres and outside backs. Both sides have proven to be up there with the best in Europe and yet he can't get them to play together.

If you thought Lord Bald did a bad job of "coaching" the Lions in NZ, wait and see what Eddie does i ...[text shortened]... king Hayes, Leamy, Reddan and a few other Irish favourites would be the least of our worries![/b]
    I think that they should get him out and then bring in the current munster coach (for Ireland not the lions). He'll get the forwards working and maybe get a few of the leinster forwards (heaslip, jackman, jennings etc.) in on it too. Then if they get a decent backs coach they could really go somewhere. i think the IRFU don't want to do that cuz they want Munster to continue their own success too.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 14:38
    What do you think about this weekend's action
  13. London
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 18:28
    Balshaw is no fullback
  14. 6yd box
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 19:17
    What do you think about this weekend's action
    a great win for ENGLAND...to go there and get a result was quality..back in it for sure now..should win the next two games...

...Wales won..but did they look that convincing? i am not sure, but a win is a win and they are unbeaten...
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 16:54
    Originally posted by spurs73
    a great win for ENGLAND...to go there and get a result was quality..back in it for sure now..should win the next two games...

...Wales won..but did they look that convincing? i am not sure, but a win is a win and they are unbeaten...
    Ireland will beat England if they play like they played against Scotland. England's game worked well against France because France are predictable. Plan A Run Plan B Run Plan C Run. It won't wok against Ireland cause they have a more dynamic game and they have a good connection between forwards and backs

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree