1. Joined
    17 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 05:18
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Having watched a portion of the Rugby Cup finals, I have a lot of questions.

1. How come there were so few black players?
    Maybe you watched the wrong games. Teams like Fiji or Samoa had ONLY black players playing for them.
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 13:56
    Tries = 6

drop goals = 3

???
    Try = 5
    Conversion = 2
    Penalty = 3
    Drop Goal = 3
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 13:58
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    It really is different to watch and it is confusing the names that are used. For instance Rugby calling a stiff arm a Hand off and NFL rules a Hand off would be actually handing the ball off to another player. So I guess, once you get all that stuff down Rugyby is pretty cool to watch.

I have Question too.

What is going on when both teams are hu ...[text shortened]... and sort of dancing around in that circle all bent over. I haven't quite figured that out yet.
    You might find it's called CELEBRATING!
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 15:19
    Originally posted by saffa73
    You might find it's called CELEBRATING!
    I think he was asking about the scrum.
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 15:20
    Originally posted by saffa73
    Try = 5
    Conversion = 2
    Penalty = 3
    Drop Goal = 3
    I only watched a portion of the 2nd half of the finals.

I didn't see any tries. Is the conversion like an extra point in American Football.
  6. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 23:10
    Having watched a portion of the Rugby Cup finals, I have a lot of questions.

1. How come there were so few black players?
    most of the countries that play rugby a the highest level have a predominately white population

the exception being ermmm

SA, New Zealand (let's pretend none of them are pacific islanders that have a new zealnd granny) tonga, samoa, namibia, australia

what world cup were you watching,
  7. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 23:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 23:18
    4. Why don't they run around end more?

It would seem like a couple of big fast players could run the option around end and once they were by that first line they would go for a touch down.

You call touchdowns tries, right?
    american football is about ganing yards and it doesn't matter if you get isolated because you can just run out of bound or knee down if you are worried about losing the ball

in rugby getting isolsated basically means your going to give a way for not realising (holding on to the ball on the ground)

or simpily having the ball pulled out of your hands
  9. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 23:27
    5. Why do they put the ball so often?

Can they punt it to their own player? (I think I used to see that in Australian rules.)
    if your stuck in your own half kicking the ball up the field is the easiest and safest way to gain terriory and there is the chance you will steal the line out (like pnting on 4th down rather than running/passing)

it just looks like their booting it up the field if it doesn't go into touch (out of play) but they usually meant for it to go into touch

yes you can kick to your own player

check out shane horgan's try against england suring the 6 nations last spring

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree