1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 11:02
    South African Spring bok's beaten by Japan ,what a result
    Must be the biggest shock in world cup rugby ever ! .
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 11:20
    Originally posted by phil3000
    The biggest shock in rugby ever, and one of the biggest shocks in sport ever.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 18:101 edit
    The boks are in a dark place, with recent losses to Ireland, Wales, then the pumas, and now Japan.
    There is also a lot of off the field BS with rugby used as a political play ball in the country.
    Bad coaching and worse player selection.

Hopefully they can bounce back from this pretty quickly, because we still have the potential to actually take the cup.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 22:11
    An amazing game! watched it and the highlights three times. Pumas also giving the All blacks a tough time, referee was poor in that game.
  5. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 23:23
    Scotland in the Japan/SA group, Robbie. Think everyone thought it was between you and Samoa for 2nd behind SA. May all have to think again now.

Agree on ref of Arg v NZ. He just seemed to have the 'All Black' head on.

McCaw v poor with a soccer style piece of cheating
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 08:46
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    Scotland in the Japan/SA group, Robbie. Think everyone thought it was between you and Samoa for 2nd behind SA. May all have to think again now.

Agree on ref of Arg v NZ. He just seemed to have the 'All Black' head on.

McCaw v poor with a soccer style piece of cheating
    Our previous results against Japan have been favourable but they are a different team now, formidable opponents, i think they will give us a mauling. South Africa look vulnerable, i don't know what's happened but they are not the same team as they were. Lets see what happens.
  7. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 10:39
    think SA will still get through....afraid Scotland may get a 'backlash'. You can easily see SA winning all of their remaining games in the group. Are Samoa really the '2nd seeds' in there, and Wales are only ranked as 3rd seeds in England's group??!!
    Scotland need to learn how to score tries!
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 21:22
    think SA will still get through....afraid Scotland may get a 'backlash'. You can easily see SA winning all of their remaining games in the group. Are Samoa really the '2nd seeds' in there, and Wales are only ranked as 3rd seeds in England's group??!!
    That Jock backlash didn't happen :'(:'(:'(
  9. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 21:43
    I meant Scotland could get a 'backlash' from the Boks, who I would bet will win the rest of their games in the group to qualify as group winners.

Credit to Scotland...played well vs Japan. Though Japan were unrecognisable as the team from Saturday...far too many handling errors
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 21:11
    Phil Phil what you gonna do now my man, you gotta beat the Aussies to stay in your own tournament, that was some call to make with two minutes to go.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '15 12:111 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Phil Phil what you gonna do now my man, you gotta beat the Aussies to stay in your own tournament, that was some call to make with two minutes to go.
    I can't see England beating the Aussies ,got to say well done Wales .
    Well Robbie , you could use the old joke on England .." What's the difference Between England and a teabag ? ....the teabag stays in the cup longer :'(:'(
  12. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 09:27
    What's your view on the SA vs Samoa game?
    We have new challenges. Captain injured, and retired, and next in line Vic Matfield also injured.
    It's going to be tough this weekend against Scotland.
  13. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 10:49
    Originally posted by Mammy Blue
    What's your view on the SA vs Samoa game?
    We have new challenges. Captain injured, and retired, and next in line Vic Matfield also injured.
    It's going to be tough this weekend against Scotland.
    my view, as an embittered Englishman, is that SA are in the easiest of easy groups. Samoa 2nd seeds with Wales 3rd!!??? What a joke.
    SA did as they should have against '2nd seeds' Samoa. Hardly a challenge. They will easily defeat Scotland who are a weak team. Still think SA will finish top of their group.
    Are you familiar with the SA regular team? Did they field a weakened team vs Japan?
    Every team seems to be attracting too many injuries, which may be a reflection on the intensity of modern day Test rugby.
    Had a bet on NZ at 'evens' the other day to win it. Can't see anyone stopping them
  14. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 12:39
    my view, as an embittered Englishman, is that SA are in the easiest of easy groups. Samoa 2nd seeds with Wales 3rd!!??? What a joke.
    SA did as they should have against '2nd seeds' Samoa. Hardly a challenge. They will easily defeat Scotland who are a weak team. Still think SA will finish top of their group.
    Are you familiar with the SA regular ...[text shortened]... Test rugby.
    Had a bet on NZ at 'evens' the other day to win it. Can't see anyone stopping them
    I don't know about "weakened team", maybe just the alternated players' turn to play.
    But then the coach's fault that they underestimated the Japanese a lot.
    NZ definitely the team to beat in this RWC. And injuries exactly as you say, due to the high intensity of today.
  15. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 18:03
    Are you familiar with the SA regular ...[text shortened]... Test rugby.
    Wales beat Fiji 23-13. A solid win.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree