1. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 12:16
    Originally posted by pawnpaw
    Wales beat Fiji 23-13. A solid win.
    Didnt look so certain midway through 2nd half when Fiji got within 4 or so points! , but, fair enough win.

Typing this before the game, but I expect SA to easily beat Scotland, who have played their usual trick in the WC groups of fielding a weak side vs the 'strongest team in group' (with respect to Japan's win over SA!)

Scotland have clearly earmarked the Samoa game as the one to decide who goes through with SA from the group
  2. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 21:16
    having just watched England go out to a very efficient Aussie side, I am a tad deflated. It is clear that this England side are not 'major players' on the World stage, moan all I like about our group being 'unfair'

At least I got the SA v Scotland game right!

oh yes...any Aussie gloaters out there ~ I was at Trent Bridge 2 months ago when Broad took 8-15 to skittle you for 60!

Sport, eh! Got to love it!
  3. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 00:29
    We were beaten by the better team for the second week running. Well played to both Australia and Wales. England will return better and stronger.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 16:282 edits
    Originally posted by Steve45
    We were beaten by the better team for the second week running. Well played to both Australia and Wales. England will return better and stronger.
    England didn't play that badly but they were simply outclassed in too many areas, the Aussie scrum was too awesome and England were outdone by some sheer brilliancy from the Aussie backs. Aussies will lift this trophy. Truly great game of rugby though, possibly the best game so far except for the Japan v South Africa match.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    England didn't play that badly but they were simply outclassed in too many areas, the Aussie scrum was too awesome and England were outdone by some sheer brilliancy from the Aussie backs. Aussies will lift this trophy. Truly great game of rugby though, possibly the best game so far except for the Japan v South Africa match.
    It was always a forgone conclusion for me ,just didn't have any faith in the England team beating the Aussies. Saying that i am a big football fan and dont usually watch rugby but i am getting converted to the game it's just that i dont fully understand the rules yet !.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 14:471 edit
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    think SA will still get through....afraid Scotland may get a 'backlash'. You can easily see SA winning all of their remaining games in the group. Are Samoa really the '2nd seeds' in there, and Wales are only ranked as 3rd seeds in England's group??!!
    Scotland need to learn how to score tries!
    They drew the groups 3 years ago when Wales had just had a poor year and were ranked 9th in the world. I remember Ireland needing to win a game to secure 2nd seeds and now they should be top seeds. To lose England (Aus or Wales if England had done better) is a complete cock up of a system.
  7. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 10:13
    Originally posted by Trev33
    They drew the groups 3 years ago when Wales had just had a poor year and were ranked 9th in the world. I remember Ireland needing to win a game to secure 2nd seeds and now they should be top seeds. To lose England (Aus or Wales if England had done better) is a complete cock up of a system.
    realise the draw was made ages ago ~ i think Samoa had just pulled off a shock win in Wales to secure 'top 8 rating' at the time

still seems a flawed system when Wales had reached the World semi a year before that, and were adjudjed unlucky to not make the final (warburton's sending off etc)

In 2 of the 4 groups anyone with the slightest interest in rugby could have picked the top 2 before the games started, with just 1st/2nd place 'up for grabs' and in NZs group even that was never an issue

should get 'spicy' in quarters though, and the Ireland/France game this weekend, as winner avoids NZ!
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 22:35
    having just watched England go out to a very efficient Aussie side, I am a tad deflated. It is clear that this England side are not 'major players' on the World stage, moan all I like about our group being 'unfair'

At least I got the SA v Scotland game right!

oh yes...any Aussie gloaters out there ~ I was at Trent Bridge 2 months ago when Broad took 8-15 to skittle you for 60!

Sport, eh! Got to love it!
    Yes, you guys needed that '8 for' and the ashes this year ...
    out of the cricket world cup and now the rugby world cup - while hosting ...
    and wasn't there something else? netball or something?

gloat,gloat 🙂
  9. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 22:381 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes, you guys needed that '8 for' and the ashes this year ...
    out of the cricket world cup and now the rugby world cup - while hosting ...
    and wasn't there something else? netball or something?

gloat,gloat 🙂
    hey, my aussie friend

you'd offered me the Ashes back where they belong in exchange for the Cricket 1 day WC (who remembers who won that?), KO'd out of Rugby WC with a crap team (if you REALLY think OZ can WIN it...get your money on. 5-1 today.) and we lost at netball. boo hoo

I would have said ~ yes please. I will have that!

ps ~ I see Hooper is banned from next game, which suggests his offence in the England game was worthy of a sending off. See. we were robbed! (tongue firmly in cheek)
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 22:411 edit
    hey, my aussie friend

you'd offered me the Ashes back where they belong in exchange for the Cricket 1 day WC (who remembers who won that?), KO'd out of Rugby WC with a crap team (if you REALLY think OZ can WIN it...get your money on. 5-1 today.) and we lost at netball. boo hoo

I would have said ~ yes please. I will have that!
    Robbie thinks the aussies will win.

I think they have to lift to win. The all blacks should clean up, right?

edit: lol 🙂
  11. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 22:441 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Robbie thinks the aussies will win.

I think they have to lift to win. The all blacks should clean up, right?
    if you can pick a winner away from the 'Blacks', get your money on. 5-1 at least available on Ireland, Oz, SA, any others.

I put a few quid on NZ at just better than evens a couple of weeks ago ~ must admit, Australia are my only worry on that bet..

ps (edit) it was much more fun to knock YOU out of the Rugby WC in the FINAL when you hosted in '03. oh, damn, you did that to us in '91!!
    Just as well we secretly like each other!
  12. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:30
    Originally posted by phil3000
    It was always a forgone conclusion for me ,just didn't have any faith in the England team beating the Aussies. Saying that i am a big football fan and dont usually watch rugby but i am getting converted to the game it's just that i dont fully understand the rules yet !.
    http://laws.worldrugby.org/index.php?&language=EN

Rulebook for rugby union... 212 pages!
    A lot of detail, see if you can find any sense in that!
    Good luck! 😀
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 20:15
    Ireland have a plan to lose to France then beat NZ 😉
  14. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 09:21
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Ireland have a plan to lose to France then beat NZ 😉
    it's not a very cunning one, Trev

save NZ for the final!
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 00:32
    I'll be in Paris on Sunday watching the game so you might not see me again if Ireland win 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree