1. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 10:341 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    My predictions were almost spot on. I had the wallabies by 12, they took it by 14. Pumas had passion, but passion only gets you that far...

I said the boks would tighten the game and hoped we could slip through. We succeeded in making them play our 'type' of tighter game, so that's a small victory.
    We just were not accurate enough. Plus Sam Whitelock p ...[text shortened]... they put in a good dummy. The locks don't get the praise. I know as I played there all my life.
    hey, come on, I had both NZ and Oz to win, so surely I win the predictions game! Arg just couldnt replicate the execution of last week. Shame.
    Don't know about the NZ try, but Ashley-Cooper's final one looked yards forward, the extremely arrogant Mr Barnes refusing to check with TMO. Shame, as it made the last 10 mins complete waste of time, Arg never going to pull 14 pts bk.
    Agree with you re locks. My son played County Rugby through Jnrs and Colts as a prop. Don't start him on the 'ballerinas'!
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 11:45
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    hey, come on, I had both NZ and Oz to win, so surely I win the predictions game!
    Nope. You were too far off in my book.

What are your predictions?
    I go Blacks by 17 (sorry!)
    Aus by 2 (typical Aussies, will squeak home!)
  3. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 11:59
    Nope. You were too far off in my book.

[b]What are your predictions?
    I go Blacks by 17 (sorry!)
    Aus by 2 (typical Aussies, will squeak home!)
    [/b]
    well, a 'double' by me on the 2 winners would have come in, yours wouldn't! 😉

SA getting 'pumped up' for the totally pointless Bronze medal clash?
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    28 Oct '15 05:30
    SA getting 'pumped up' for the totally pointless Bronze medal clash?
    The IRB really needs to just stop doing the 3rd place game. What a waste of time.
    The boks just want to lick their wounds on a plane back to Africa.

The only team psyched is the Pumas. They will obviously bill this as a super important stepping stone or some other BS.
  5. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    28 Oct '15 09:331 edit
    The IRB really needs to just stop doing the 3rd place game. What a waste of time.

The only team psyched is the Pumas. They will obviously bill this as a super important stepping stone or some other BS.
    Agree totally.

Thought the NZ coach was spot on when he kept calling it 'that game'. Why do they put 2 tired teams through it? ~ will be the first WC game I really couldnt be bothered watching!

You are possibly correct about the Pumas though ~ if I recall correctly they took the game VERY seriously 8 years ago and totally battered France!
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    28 Oct '15 15:45
    You are possibly correct about the Pumas though ~ if I recall correctly they took the game VERY seriously 8 years ago and totally battered France!
    That's the thing, a side ranked down the order will always use this as a marketing exercise, when it means nothing for a side ranked higher with real aspirations of winning the cup.

No offense Pumas. Although they did really well, they were never going to win it.
  7. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    28 Oct '15 21:351 edit

No offense Pumas. Although they did really well, they were never going to win it.[/b]
    You may be an ex -2nd row, but do you want to take that up with J F Lobbe!!!???

ps ~ go on....predict the final to decide the 'winner' between us.

I take NZ by 7
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '15 22:42
    You may be an ex -2nd row, but do you want to take that up with J F Lobbe!!!???

ps ~ go on....predict the final to decide the 'winner' between us.

I take NZ by 7
    Aussies will win this, All blacks have no good ideas, the Boks reduced them to kicking grubbers to the corner. Aussies too creative for the All Blacks.
  9. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    28 Oct '15 22:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Aussies will win this, All blacks have no good ideas, the Boks reduced them to kicking grubbers to the corner. Aussies too creative for the All Blacks.
    ok, robbie. that's your call

get a bet on...you should get at least 5-2 on the Aussies
  10. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 06:29

So the final SA-Arg 24-13
    If the Boks had this attitude and gameplan against the All Blacks, I wonder what the outcome would have been...
    But, it's another IF... 😀
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 01:06
    That was a highly enjoyable final.
  12. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 05:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    That was a highly enjoyable final.
    If you're not watching your home team in the final, it was guite an enjoyable game of rugby. England hosted a very well organized tournament.
    The All Blacks showed the world how good they are.
    Well deserved!
    And then there's quite a few players who played their last test too.
  13. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 15:04
    R.I.P...Jonah Lomu
  14. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    08 Jan '16 07:15
    And the USA appoint Mr John Mitchell as their coach for the next few years.
    The coach that was let go by New Zealand, the Lions Superugby franchise, the Sharks, and ignored by the Stormers.
    Good luck USA !
    Maybe they have a different attitude toward Mitchell's training methods.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree