Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Subscriber Antoine
    Hedonistic H. Sapien
    12 Jul '08 09:31
    Congratulations to the World Champions and their 'dummy coach' for beating the All Blacks, at home, in The House of Pain, for the first time! A great, great victory over the toughest opposition out there!

    What do you Kiwi's say about 'inferior World Champs' etc now? :-)
  2. 12 Jul '08 11:32
    Originally posted by Antoine
    Congratulations to the World Champions and their 'dummy coach' for beating the All Blacks, at home, in The House of Pain, for the first time! A great, great victory over the toughest opposition out there!

    What do you Kiwi's say about 'inferior World Champs' etc now? :-)
    This Kiwi says the Boks won a game of rugby by two points against the AB's. Nothing new about that, it has happened many times in the past and doubtless will again. The big difference is that we wont go bleating to the press about the winners cheating. I have not heard anyone here in NZ call SA an inferior world champion team. As for the nonsense of saying a particular team has never won at a certain venue, well, nobody had ever climbed Mt Everest until Ed Hillary and Tensing Norgay did it, so historical results should give confidence only to idiots.
  3. Subscriber Antoine
    Hedonistic H. Sapien
    13 Jul '08 11:31
    Originally posted by muppyman
    This Kiwi says the Boks won a game of rugby by two points against the AB's. Nothing new about that, it has happened many times in the past and doubtless will again. The big difference is that we wont go bleating to the press about the winners cheating. I have not heard anyone here in NZ call SA an inferior world champion team. As for the nonsense of saying ...[text shortened]... Hillary and Tensing Norgay did it, so historical results should give confidence only to idiots.
    Strange that you have not heard what was said about our coach and team during the week before the game - the rest of the world did...

    As for the fact that we beat you at the House of Pain - any other team in the world would see that as an accomplishment as it has only happened 4 (?) times in history so far. (Indicating what a great team the AB are.) You should take pride in the fact that we see it as an accomplishment. No need to bring negative energy into it.

    About your comment that we were complaining about cheating (you are referring to the scrum issue, I presume?) - did I not hear a lot of excuses from your side about Richie McCaw being injured a week later?

    Did I not also hear your coach crying about our players tackling your star players 'too hard', or 'targeting key players?' (Specifically Dan Carter, but it was about Richie McCaw a while ago.)

    My general opinion about the game is that it was a contest between two great teams, who both played well on the day. It was good entertainment, as opposed to the week before when our team let themselves down.

    Looks like the defeat hurt you quite a bit, looking at your reaction to a post that did even not belittle your great team in any way. ;-)
  4. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    13 Jul '08 16:04
    Originally posted by Antoine
    Did I not also hear your coach crying about our players tackling your star players 'too hard', or 'targeting key players?' (Specifically Dan Carter, but it was about Richie McCaw a while ago.)
    Yeah, I heard about that too. What a laugh.

    There's always talk after a game, especially if you lose. That's just the way it is...
  5. 14 Jul '08 08:52
    Originally posted by Antoine
    Strange that you have not heard what was said about our coach and team during the week before the game - the rest of the world did...

    As for the fact that we beat you at the House of Pain - any other team in the world would see that as an accomplishment as it has only happened 4 (?) times in history so far. (Indicating what a great team the AB are.) You s ...[text shortened]... ooking at your reaction to a post that did even not belittle your great team in any way. ;-)
    I confess I have not heard much concerning the things you mention so I will not put up any arguments in that direction. All I am saying is that the "house of pain" is a myth in my opinion, and S.A. are world champions and rightly so, they won the title on the field. I do not think the A.B's are a great team, and I am most certainly not hurt in the least by the result of this game. I gave up caring about our team when they messed up yet again so totally against France last year. Good luck to the Boks in the rest of this tri-nations.
  6. Standard member boarman
    member 001
    14 Jul '08 10:25
    The Boks will go home battered,bruised and the lesser team after the Wallabies teach them how to play .
  7. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    14 Jul '08 14:23
    Originally posted by boarman
    The Boks will go home battered,bruised and the lesser team after the Wallabies teach them how to play .



    Care to put your prediction where your mouth is?

    I say 25-17 to the boks...
  8. Standard member boarman
    member 001
    14 Jul '08 20:36
    Originally posted by Crowley



    Care to put your prediction where your mouth is?

    I say 25-17 to the boks...
    22-20 to the Wallabies
  9. Subscriber Antoine
    Hedonistic H. Sapien
    15 Jul '08 12:30
    Originally posted by boarman
    22-20 to the Wallabies
    22-20 is hardly a rugby lesson...
    Your team looks good, but I don't (hope) think good enough. Anything is possible but I'm going for 25 - 17 for the Boks.
  10. Subscriber Antoine
    Hedonistic H. Sapien
    19 Jul '08 12:02
    Originally posted by boarman
    22-20 to the Wallabies
    Ok, that was a lesson - specially in the breakdown! Congrats.

    Now, we will see what happens when the Aus and NZ visit our back yard... ;-)

    I'm sure it will be a different team waiting for you.
  11. Standard member boarman
    member 001
    19 Jul '08 12:34
    Originally posted by Antoine
    Ok, that was a lesson - specially in the breakdown! Congrats.

    Now, we will see what happens when the Aus and NZ visit our back yard... ;-)

    I'm sure it will be a different team waiting for you.
    Much better game under the EPL laws.
  12. Subscriber Antoine
    Hedonistic H. Sapien
    19 Jul '08 13:31
    Originally posted by boarman
    Much better game under the EPL laws.
    You can say that again! I hope they go through with making it the international standard.
  13. Standard member boarman
    member 001
    19 Jul '08 13:36
    Originally posted by Antoine
    You can say that again! I hope they go through with making it the international standard.
    Yeah the only ones against it are the European teams ,cause they wont be able to have their penalty shoot outs,it might of brought you Boks back to us also ,but you have the attacking players needed to make games a real spectacle
  14. Subscriber Antoine
    Hedonistic H. Sapien
    19 Jul '08 14:23
    Originally posted by boarman
    Yeah the only ones against it are the European teams ,cause they wont be able to have their penalty shoot outs,it might of brought you Boks back to us also ,but you have the attacking players needed to make games a real spectacle
    At least we all know in which part of the world rugby is really played...

    I'm glad about these ELV's because they are forcing our teams to start playing (attacking) the way you guys have always done, for one thing. Even through todays loss, it was again good seeing the guys trying to keep the ball alive through tackles etc. A bit less of the constant bashing away at opponents and losing momentum.

    Now they just have to teach Frans Steyn not to kick every single ball away...

    I must say, your team is coming on very strong of late, after last year's Super 14 I thought Aus rugby was in deep trouble.