1. Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 01:32
    The first Australian captain to lose the Ashes twice in England. Sack him and give Simon Katich the job until Clarke decides he wants to concentrate on being a cricketer rather than a regular in Australian women's magazines with his soon to be Mrs.

The selectors also deserve a kick up the date. Brad Hodge and Chris Rogers should have been playing. I'm not Victorian so I can't be accused of bias.

Cricket Australia are a bucnh of clowns.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 16:19
    Originally posted by Zort Boy
    The first Australian captain to lose the Ashes twice in England. Sack him and give Simon Katich the job until Clarke decides he wants to concentrate on being a cricketer rather than a regular in Australian women's magazines with his soon to be Mrs.

The selectors also deserve a kick up the date. Brad Hodge and Chris Rogers should have been playing. I'm not Victorian so I can't be accused of bias.

Cricket Australia are a bucnh of clowns.
    Yes I too would have to question the logic of Cricket Aus.
    However I dont necessarily agree with your changes to the team.
    Clarke will soon be captain unless he has some inexplicable loss of form. Who cares if he's in those mags? One needs a life outside of cricket to stay sane. Not that I really like his life outside of cricket that much, but his potential captaincy shouldn't be judged on his other life.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 17:011 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes I too would have to question the logic of Cricket Aus.
    However I dont necessarily agree with your changes to the team.
    Clarke will soon be captain unless he has some inexplicable loss of form. Who cares if he's in those mags? One needs a life outside of cricket to stay sane. Not that I really like his life outside of cricket that much, but his potential captaincy shouldn't be judged on his other life.
    you are forgetting that this is a young side, yes they went to South Africa and won against the worlds number one, it will take time to build consistency that is all. Sacking Ponting will not make that go away. he is a brilliant player and batsman, and a patriotic Australian, why should he take the blame. ok it had not rained for ten days, even England were not aware that the pitch would be like a three day old pitch on that first day, was he responsible for the exclusion of spinners? yes perhaps it was a little arrogant of the Aussies, but the blame lies across the board, not just with Ponting.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 09:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you are forgetting that this is a young side, yes they went to South Africa and won against the worlds number one, it will take time to build consistency that is all. Sacking Ponting will not make that go away. he is a brilliant player and batsman, and a patriotic Australian, why should he take the blame. ok it had not rained for ten days, even En ...[text shortened]... as a little arrogant of the Aussies, but the blame lies across the board, not just with Ponting.
    Oh yeah. Ponting has at least 2 more years.

Hey Robbie, Scotland v. Australia in a one-dayer on the weekend!
    Australia could get furthur embarressed, no? After all Scotland have got no pressure on them, and Australia are reeling!
    (any predictions?)
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 09:07
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Oh yeah. Ponting has at least 2 more years.

Hey Robbie, Scotland v. Australia in a one-dayer on the weekend!
    Australia could get furthur embarressed, no? After all Scotland have got no pressure on them, and Australia are reeling!
    (any predictions?)
    if it was elephant polo we might stand a chance, we shall receive the backlash for disappointing ashes series, if Scotland make 120 i will be happy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree