1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 10:39
    I don't want to count chickens but the Tony Lynan lead Pinnacle Group sticks to it's deadline for closing the deal. Matt Le Tissier has once again a stalwart saviour of the club putting this group together.
    Pinnacle are backed in supporting Saints by a billionaire based in Zurich.

There will be millions for players and a likely new manager. Mark Wottes position is on the line though many including myself back him for at least the first year with a big bonus on promotion and a carrot of a two year contract.

It's likely though that Matt LT will be director of football and he'll bring in a manager tasked with taking Saints to the Prem within their stated five year time frame.

For a fan of club which has been dragged down by thieving scum board members causing a crooked ten point penalty by the FA this deal means a lot.

Exciting times for Saints... Up The Saints.
  2. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    30 Jun '09 23:291 edit
    All turned to custard.. Le Tissier and co pulled out.

Still have a Swiss group interested and a second foreign bidder in negotiation rumoured to be Austrian "Red Bull Sports". They are worth Billions... it could be Southampton Red Bulls or Red Bull Saints.

Time is running out. Goalie Davis to West ham free.. his contract ended two months ago.
    Surname McGoldrick gone .. bringing the money in to pay wages and give saints time to get sold.

Morgan Schneiderlin (French under 21 capt) is reportedly being hunted by Fulham after Man U took their nose out.

Red Bull Saints ... "The team that gives you wings"

hope it isn't Red Bull Sh't
  3. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 09:17
    Leibherr Family from Switzerland are buying Saints which is going to make them the 5th richest club in England.

Keith Harris is brokering the deal with Mark Fry the administrator having handled Man City West Ham and Chelsea.

The signing of the deal is imminent.

Things have suddenly changed in Southampton.
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 22:16
    Pinnacle.... Red Bull.... Leibherr Family.... Keith Harris (is that with or without Orville?)

It's all becoming a bit embarrassing isn't it?

You should move back to The Dell and happier times...
  5. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 01:13
    Originally posted by blade68
    Pinnacle.... Red Bull.... Leibherr Family.... Keith Harris (is that with or without Orville?)

It's all becoming a bit embarrassing isn't it?

You should move back to The Dell and happier times...
    All is well for Saints.
    Markus Liebherr is the buyer.
    Independent of his own group of companies.

Harris and his world wide group seem to be second.
    With Gillico a distant third.

Red and White Red and White
    Swiss and Saints Red and White

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/4479694.Swiss_on_verge_of_formal_takeover_announcement/?action=thanks

Its upward for Saints .. very exciting times.
  6. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 13:45
    Saints are now 4TH RICHEST CLUB IN BRITAIN
    take over completed by Markus Liebherr
    worth 2.59 Billion

He's in it for the long haul to take Saints back where they belong.
    New Board, structure etc by August.

Southampton is going nuts... wish I were there at the mo...
    party by the stadium.
  7. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 12:53
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    worth 2.59 Billion

party by the stadium.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what role they give Keith Harris and Orville...
  8. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 05:20
    The Club has a private owner.. Markus Liebherr a German Swiss worth 2.59B quid. Harris represented a failed bid so he's out altogether.
    They sacked poor Mark Wotte who inherited the managers job last season.

Now everyone down south is waiting to hear the news of who they have for Manager...

LIst of possibles:

Gordon Strachan (Unlikely as he says he is having a break)
    Kevin Keegan... a Mate of Matt Le Tissier and his wife is from So'ton he also wants to take a low club to the top.. so could be in.
    Nigel Pearson.. pvd with current club so could walk for the right offer.
    Tony Adams...NO ONE WANTS HIM.
    Jurgan Klinsman... we should be so lucky... but our benefactor has been linked with him.
    There is apparently a short list of 4. with a rumoured announcement for 12.30pm today UK time.... cooool anticipation here.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 16:43
    worth 2.59 Billion

party by the stadium.
    The timing of this incident (totally unrelated to Liebherr) was a bit unfortunate, given the publicity Liebherr cranes in Southampton port have been receiving lately due to Markus' takeover.
    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4491208.Questions_asked_over_port_crane_collapse/

D
  10. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 23:29
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The timing of this incident (totally unrelated to Liebherr) was a bit unfortunate, given the publicity Liebherr cranes in Southampton port have been receiving lately due to Markus' takeover.
    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4491208.Questions_asked_over_port_crane_collapse/

D
    Yeah I saw that on line.. but noticed it was one of the older cranes not one of the new Liebherr replacements. Second time that crane had fallen over.. someone will be in the proverbial.

Lots of spec going on at Saints re possible new managers..

Best rumour currently is they may buy out Darren Fergusson's new 4 yr contract and get him.

But everyone is hoping for Strachan.
  11. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 07:11
    I think you missed the humour here...
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 11:57
    Yeah I saw that on line.. but noticed it was one of the older cranes not one of the new Liebherr replacements. Second time that crane had fallen over.. someone will be in the proverbial.

Lots of spec going on at Saints re possible new managers..

Best rumour currently is they may buy out Darren Fergusson's new 4 yr contract and get him.

But everyone is hoping for Strachan.
    It was a different crane that fell last year, but by the same manufacturer: Morris. But, you're right about somebody being in the proverbial... the guy who gave the all clear after the previous collapse.

D
  13. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 10:14
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    It was a different crane that fell last year, but by the same manufacturer: Morris. But, you're right about somebody being in the proverbial... the guy who gave the all clear after the previous collapse.

D
    Cheers Rag..
    have been following Soton news a lot lately.
    Saints v Ajax today in front of hopefully 32000 at St Marys
    in front of the the new owner Markus Liebherr and Alan Pardew (new boss) who takes over the team on Monday.
    We could make the play offs this year with a couple of good signings early on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree