1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Joined
    08 Mar '04
    Moves
    615549
    26 Mar '14 04:37
    Best record in the NBA right now. Not bad for a bunch of old men. 😏
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66496
    26 Mar '14 15:45
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Best record in the NBA right now. Not bad for a bunch of old men. 😏
    The wheels on the bus fall off from rust.....

    Let's see how long Pop can keep that bunch together.
    If Houston had a point guard, I believe they would drop the Spurs like a bad habit. The problem is, they don't...so it is mix and match and sporadic play.
    But anything can happen in the playoffs...right?
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Joined
    08 Mar '04
    Moves
    615549
    15 Apr '14 04:55
    Best record in the NBA. Not bad for a bunch of old men. 😏😏
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    15 Apr '14 05:49
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Best record in the NBA. Not bad for a bunch of old men. 😏😏
    Basketball is the easiest sport to win a title for number one seeds.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35575
    27 Apr '14 12:34
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Basketball is the easiest sport to win a title for number one seeds.
    It's because the talent drops off real quickly the further you go down the list. Hopefully this will maybe be mitigated a little next year by the supposedly "monster" 2014 draft coming up in a few months.
  6. This is embarrasking
    Joined
    17 Nov '05
    Moves
    38356
    29 Apr '14 02:44
    Dallas Mavericks leading San Antonio Spurs 2 to 1 in the series but are having trouble with the spurs tonight. Score watch here. April 28th 2014

    http://goo.gl/vPi9AE
  7. This is embarrasking
    Joined
    17 Nov '05
    Moves
    38356
    29 Apr '14 16:47
    The Mavs and spurs are now tied 2 each. Great game the mavs rallied at the end and nearly pulled out another victory but the Spurs managed to hold on. I think the Spurs had a 20 point or so advantage in the 3rd quarter.
  8. This is embarrasking
    Joined
    17 Nov '05
    Moves
    38356
    04 May '14 19:07
    Oh well. game 6 not quite as beneficial for the Spurs. Dallas wins again 113 to 111 in an exiting game to force game 7 Sunday because of a 3to3 tie. Good luck both teams will need it to take the title. Win or go home.

    Game 7 @ 3:30 PM Central time zone

    Should be a thriller.
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    273
    06 May '14 15:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It's because the talent drops off real quickly the further you go down the list. Hopefully this will maybe be mitigated a little next year by the supposedly "monster" 2014 draft coming up in a few months.
    You both are talking out of your necks.

    How is anything you say true? Look at all the series going to seven games in the first round.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66496
    07 May '14 14:24
    Originally posted by iChopWoodForFree
    You both are talking out of your necks.

    How is anything you say true? Look at all the series going to seven games in the first round.
    You do realize of course that it is more financially rewarding to the league and
    the teams if all series were to go 7 games.

    Conspiracy theory...the champions are decided before the playoffs.
    It would be incredibly easy to do.
    A few keys gaffs, a couple of key referee calls or no-calls.
    You control the outcome of any and every series.
    Would also screw with the Vegas boys!!!

    Think before you respond that it couldn't happen.
    It already has happened, in several instances, and several sports.
    Boxing is probably the worst offender too.

    Just something for you to chew on....
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    273
    07 May '14 14:43
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You do realize of course that it is more financially rewarding to the league and
    the teams if all series were to go 7 games.

    Conspiracy theory...the champions are decided before the playoffs.
    It would be incredibly easy to do.
    A few keys gaffs, a couple of key referee calls or no-calls.
    You control the outcome of any and every series.
    Would als ...[text shortened]... ral sports.
    Boxing is probably the worst offender too.

    Just something for you to chew on....
    Well, in this case all the matchups were looking tough to begin with... maybe that makes it easier to rig the games without detection.

    Throwing games is one thing but for every series to be rigged so that they stretch to 7 games just seems really implausible logistically.

    In boxing it isn't hard because it is a one on one sport. Team sports are a different beast because even if LeBron were to throw the game, his team might have a huge night and win without him. (Just an example, not implying that LBJ is doing any such thing)
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66496
    07 May '14 16:27
    Originally posted by iChopWoodForFree
    Well, in this case all the matchups were looking tough to begin with... maybe that makes it easier to rig the games without detection.

    Throwing games is one thing but for every series to be rigged so that they stretch to 7 games just seems really implausible logistically.

    In boxing it isn't hard because it is a one on one sport. Team sports ...[text shortened]... huge night and win without him. (Just an example, not implying that LBJ is doing any such thing)
    Come on man...it is simple as hell to do.
    A simple missed pass here, a clanker off the rim there.
    I could see it happening very easily in basketball.
    No different than shaving points in a game, this time it is just
    controlling the final score as well.
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    273
    07 May '14 22:391 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Come on man...it is simple as hell to do.
    A simple missed pass here, a clanker off the rim there.
    I could see it happening very easily in basketball.
    No different than shaving points in a game, this time it is just
    controlling the final score as well.
    A missed pass and a clanker off the rim by one player is not enough to fix a game of basketball.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66496
    08 May '14 15:32
    Originally posted by iChopWoodForFree
    A missed pass and a clanker off the rim by one player is not enough to fix a game of basketball.
    Surely you jest?

    How many misses does it take in a game decided by 3 points or less?
    Think about it.
  15. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    273
    09 May '14 14:39
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Surely you jest?

    How many misses does it take in a game decided by 3 points or less?
    Think about it.
    Strategy changes during the final minutes of a game.

    Besides, how did they fix the game to be that close in the first place? What happens when a blowout occurs?

    If I were trying to fix sports games I wouldn't risk any money doing so on highly unpredictable team sports.
Back to Top