1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 16:06
    If the second club in your major league can be penalised ten whole points for being, in effect, a bunch of fraudsters, and still remain not just second, but safely so, there is something very, very wrong with your league.

Celtic and Rangers should be made to play with the big boys in the English PL, whether they, the rest of the SPL, or the EPL like it or not. The situation as it is is just not healthy for football in Scotland.

Richard
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 19:21
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    If the second club in your major league can be penalised ten whole points for being, in effect, a bunch of fraudsters, and still remain not just second, but safely so, there is something very, very wrong with your league.

Celtic and Rangers should be made to play with the big boys in the English PL, whether they, the rest of the SPL, or the EPL like it or not. The situation as it is is just not healthy for football in Scotland.

Richard
    its been celtic or rangers for the last 25 years (and more) all fans of other teams up here would love if they joined the epl. it would never happen, why would england want a bunch of bigoted terrorist loving scum that follow celtic and rangers turning up in thier town? ask manchester police if they would be happy. there is a lot more of the story to come with rangers. celtic are as bad, just not been caught YET.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '12 09:05
    Originally posted by roma45
    its been celtic or rangers for the last 25 years (and more) all fans of other teams up here would love if they joined the epl. it would never happen, why would england want a bunch of bigoted terrorist loving scum that follow celtic and rangers turning up in thier town? ask manchester police if they would be happy. there is a lot more of the story to come with rangers. celtic are as bad, just not been caught YET.
    its not a simple as that Roma, you simply cannot erase 150 years of history, never the
    less, I have been to Manchester with Celtic, when i used to follow them, we were good
    natured and the policemen loved us, in fact i recall one instance where an English
    policeman gave his hat to the fans to wear, would this happen in Scotland? no way,
    you'd be in the back of a meat wagon before your feet touched the ground if you put a
    finger on a policeman and you would have bruises the next day where no one but your
    doctor could see. Id just like to add that i stopped attending Parkhead because of the
    bigotry, never the less, Micheal Fagin, what a hero 😛
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 14:54
    Why would Madchester police care? They'd see nothing they're not used to seeing from United Red Scum facing up to Liverpool dockers. Or they could ask Millwall over.

But that's my point, really. Rangic and Celters are much closer, in stature, in behaviour, and in quality, to English clubs than they are to the other Scottish clubs. They belong in the EPL rather than the SPL.
    And yes, I realise that it wouldn't be a popular move in many circles. But I do believe that it is necessary to save football in the rest of Scotland, and I also believe that whose who would hate it at first,if they really are football fans rather than winning-the-league-again-*yawn* pure partisans, would have to conclude after not too long a time that the result would be good for Scots football as well as good for the Old Firm. Scots clubs would no longer lack even the slightest prospect of winning anything, and would therefore have a reason to try to develop themselves further; and Rangers and Celtic would finally have some serious opposition, giving them a reason to do the same. Hell, it may even prove good for the EPL: more of a range of clubs at the top can't be bad for them, either.

Popular? Of course not. A bitter pill is never popular, but it may be necessary. Scottish football is diseased, and this bitter pill is needed to cure it.

Richard
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 01:56
    Why would Madchester police care? They'd see nothing they're not used to seeing from United Red Scum facing up to Liverpool dockers. Or they could ask Millwall over.

But that's my point, really. Rangic and Celters are much closer, in stature, in behaviour, and in quality, to English clubs than they are to the other Scottish clubs. They belong ...[text shortened]... ssary. Scottish football is diseased, and this bitter pill is needed to cure it.

Richard
    You have to wonder if the spl would survive the departure of the old firm the T.V rights which are not massive now would fall through the floor. Maybe some clubs would pick up a few extra supporters as old firm fans picked them as a second/spl team but not many given the fanaticism of Celtic/Rangers fan base.
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 17:04
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    You have to wonder if the spl would survive the departure of the old firm the T.V rights which are not massive now would fall through the floor. Maybe some clubs would pick up a few extra supporters as old firm fans picked them as a second/spl team but not many given the fanaticism of Celtic/Rangers fan base.
    as a follower of a smaller spl team (st johnstone) we are in the black money wise, its a myth we would miss tv money celtic and rangers get the majority of the sky deal, even when we play them at home is not a sell out in our 10 000 seater stadium. some teams in the 1st devision average bigger crowds than the spl, people will follow a team that has a chance of winning the league, currently only celtic can manage that. the spl is boring, £23+ for 90 minutes of s**t. the rest of scotland wishes both old firm teams would p**s off. we would see how fanatical thier fans would be when they were getting thrashed every week in the epl. 🙂
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '12 01:40

But that's my point, really. Rangic and Celters are much closer, in stature, in behaviour, and in quality, to English clubs than they are to the other Scottish clubs. They belong ...[text shortened]... ssary. Scottish football is diseased, and this bitter pill is needed to cure it.

Richard
    dont you mean closer to english championship sides in stature? i reckon celtic and especially rangers would struggle to get out of that division. once they start getting premiership money they might be able to get top 10 but getting premoted and building on it hard enough. despite this id love to see the whole scottish league merged with ours. it would be good for us all.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '12 09:122 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    dont you mean closer to english championship sides in stature? i reckon celtic and especially rangers would struggle to get out of that division. once they start getting premiership money they might be able to get top 10 but getting premoted and building on it hard enough. despite this id love to see the whole scottish league merged with ours. it would be good for us all.
    are you joking? we would at present make easy work of anyone under the top five,
    including Norwich, Villa, Wolves and any of the other second rate sides that are only
    there by virtue of being able to buy players.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '12 15:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    are you joking? we would at present make easy work of anyone under the top five,
    including Norwich, Villa, Wolves and any of the other second rate sides that are only
    there by virtue of being able to buy players.
    as i said celtic if they could get out of the championship would be top 10 premier league. rangers are looking like they will be lucky to play in a pub league at the moment.
    is the current celtic team good enough to beat west ham, blackpool, cardiff or boro, maybe just a bit. but they wouldnt be used to the amount of hard games they would have each week. i think it would take them a season to adjust.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 14:47
    as a follower of a smaller spl team (st johnstone) we are in the black money wise, its a myth we would miss tv money celtic and rangers get the majority of the sky deal, even when we play them at home is not a sell out in our 10 000 seater stadium. some teams in the 1st devision average bigger crowds than the spl, people will follow a team that has a chance o ...[text shortened]... see how fanatical thier fans would be when they were getting thrashed every week in the epl. 🙂
    I have to disagree Roma, the SPL is awesome, the EPL is particularly boring, Man city meagrely winning 1-0 every other occasion, Man Utd are crap to watch and so are Chelski, the only entertaining teams to watch are Tottenham and Arsenal, all the rest suck.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 14:49
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    as i said celtic if they could get out of the championship would be top 10 premier league. rangers are looking like they will be lucky to play in a pub league at the moment.
    is the current celtic team good enough to beat west ham, blackpool, cardiff or boro, maybe just a bit. but they wouldnt be used to the amount of hard games they would have each week. i think it would take them a season to adjust.
    Is this a joke? Celtic would take teams like Blackpool, Cardiff, Boro, Wolves, Villa, or
    any other second rate Angle team to the cleaners.
  12. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 17:00
    Although I am unfamiliar with the SPL I am familiar with parity. I scanned the wiki page about SPL and I am convinced the league must act. I disagree that the solution would be to join the EPL as I feel that would destroy and foul the legitimacy of SPL and could cause an exodus or an unfair bargaining chip to teams. The solution I would think most appropriate is a working of salary caps and revenue sharing. Right now there are two teams elevating their by standing on the fodder of small market teams. I wouldn't be interested in any sort competition where the outcomes are predictable.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 18:401 edit
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Although I am unfamiliar with the SPL I am familiar with parity. I scanned the wiki page about SPL and I am convinced the league must act. I disagree that the solution would be to join the EPL as I feel that would destroy and foul the legitimacy of SPL and could cause an exodus or an unfair bargaining chip to teams. The solution I would think most ...[text shortened]... ket teams. I wouldn't be interested in any sort competition where the outcomes are predictable.
    mmm, i dont know what the solution is, I was watching Motherwell and Dunfermline and
    it was a fairly droll affair, which is a real pity because they can both play exciting
    football. What happens is that if there are any really promising young players in the
    smaller teams, they get signed by the larger two, thus there will always be this
    imbalance. Celtic and Rangers simply happen to be the largest fish a very small pond.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 18:43

Richard
    would you ask Ajax to play in the bundesliga, no, well lets not be silly.
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 20:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    would you ask Ajax to play in the bundesliga, no, well lets not be silly.
    I would extend the FA cup to all Scottish sides thus creating revenue to the smaller clubs and give them a chance to play some top English sides .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree