1. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    14 Jan '07 16:52
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Careful. You're gonna jinx a reliable method, and if he's ever correct he'll become insufferable.
    good point
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    14 Jan '07 18:22
    Nice win for the Aaints. I think that was their first playoff win ever.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 05:121 edit
    Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad, but my Super Bowl pick went down the tubes.

Preliminary picks: I don't see any reason to believe that another playoff matchup between the Colts and Pats will turn out any differently than the two in 2004 and 2005. In fact, I'm very surprised that the early line is favoring the Colts by 3. Grab the points, Pats fans; it looks like Brady and Co. are getting another ring.

Two big reasons to take the Bears in the NFC game at the low, low price of only 3 points: 1) Inexperienced playoff teams rarely make it all the way to the SB dance (and usually get bitchslapped when they do); 2) If the weathermen are correct, Sunday's gonna be cold as a SOB in Chicago and dome teams just don't do well in the January cold (Before anybody starts talking about the Colts' road win last week, it was in the sixties in Baltimore).

So fearless forecast: Pats +3 over the Colts
    Bears -3 over the Saints
  4. Standard memberDerfel Cadarn
    The Mighty
    Rocky Mountains
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 09:27
    My Super Bowl pick was Chargers - Saints. AFC will take it, yet again. The NFC is just too weak.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 14:37
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad, but my Super Bowl pick went down the tubes.

Preliminary picks: I don't see any reason to believe that another playoff matchup between the Colts and Pats will turn out any differently than the two in 2004 and 2005. In fact, I'm very surprised that the early line is favoring the Colts by 3. Grab the points, Pats fans ...[text shortened]... ast: Pats +3 over the Colts
    Bears -3 over the Saints
    Not bad for spreads picks at all. You got screwed by the Ravens though, as did I. In my spreads pool I did rather well myself this week, accurately predicting both Chicago and the Pats to win by three, picking the Saints to win by one, but was massively screwed overall by picking the Ravens to win by 14! Now instead of being in the money, I'm riding around tenth.

For this week, I'm gonna go with the Pats to cover and win and the Saints to cover and upset the Bears at home.
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 15:03
    I'm still hoping for the Eagles vs Chargers Super Bowl. Now I just need to find a way to travel back in time. Anyone have a Delorean and some plutonium?
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 16:28
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I'm still hoping for the Eagles vs Chargers Super Bowl. Now I just need to find a way to travel back in time. Anyone have a Delorean and some plutonium?
    No, but I do have 1.21 gigawatts of electricity.
  8. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    18 Jan '07 15:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    18 Jan '07 15:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberTurtlestack
    Altered Carbon
    www.danharlow.com
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 09:441 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Why is it that there are people being so cynical about the Saints and Katrina? What is wrong with the people of New Orleans having something good happen in their city? Alot of people died down there and alot more lost everything they had.

In ancient times people used to take in stranded travellers into their homes because it was thought the traveller could be a god in disguise. Today we are indifferent to our neighbors and don't give a damn about anybody elses suffering. We are considered 'hip' and 'trendy' to be cynical whenever anything good happens - it's almost like we enjoy misery (as long as it's not us who is miserable). Why is that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree