1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 22:37
    whos gonna crack first? benitez or ferguson? its like ross and rachel all over again.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 14:15
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    whos gonna crack first? benitez or ferguson? its like ross and rachel all over again.
    In terms of ridiculous, cringe worthy outbursts, I'd rank them in the following order...

3. Ron Atkinson's tears of anger, before he threw his headset at the ballboy off camera

2. Kevin Keegan's tears of frustration, as he screams "I'd luv it, etc"

1. Rafa's "facts", where he lists how it is a "fact" that teams visiting OT need to employ zonal marking on Manchester United's non-playing staff. Or the "fact" that "Mr Ferguson was killing the referees, killing Mr (Martin) Atkinson, killing Mr (Keith) Hackett."

Or the fact that "On 1st November, they played Hull and Mr Ferguson had a two-match touchline ban and a £10,000 fine after confronting Mike Dean, the referee, for improper conduct."

followed up with the "fact" that Ferguson "is the only manager in the league that cannot be punished for these things."

I think he's worried.

D
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 19:42
    HAHA, this is lo-ve-ly, lo-ve-ly!

Right after the crying baby Benitez goes moaning and crying about Ferguson's "privileged treatment", he goes 0-0 with the Stoke, lol lol

The pressue is piling on Benitez and his girls, including the dive taker Gerrard. When you're on top you must be classy and play mind games, not crack like Benitez did!

Ferguson, once again, and this time by saying nothing, won the mind game against Benitez, lol lol what a joy.
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 19:53
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    But benitez is right in what he said about ferguson
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 20:00
    Originally posted by Seitse
    HAHA, this is lo-ve-ly, lo-ve-ly!

Right after the crying baby Benitez goes moaning and crying about Ferguson's "privileged treatment", he goes 0-0 with the Stoke, lol lol

The pressue is piling on Benitez and his girls, including the dive taker Gerrard. When you're on top you must be classy and play mind games, not crack like Benitez did!

Ferguson, on ...[text shortened]... ain, and this time by saying nothing, won the mind game against Benitez, lol lol what a joy.
    In fairness, all credit must go to the Liverpool player's who overcame being managed by somebody during some sort of mental breakdown (yesterday's rant followed by leaving Torres and Keane on the bench) to just about match a superior footballing side in Stoke.

Obviously, luck had to be on their side on a number of occassions to get the draw, but it's probably the least they deserved.

I'm looking forward to the likes of Angry Boy's interpretation of events. I'm curious as to whether he thinks Rafa should just be sacked or whether he should also be committed?

If Gillet et al show their lack of appreciation for the workings of the English game, and retain Rafa' services (here's wishing), maybe he'll remember to concentrate on his own team during pre game press conferences rather than being lead up the garden path like some braindead pre-preschooler.

D
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 20:06
    Benitez' rant (during a press conference supposedly about Stoke V Liverpool)...

"I was surprised by what has been said, but maybe they (Manchester United) are nervous because we are at the top of the table," added Benitez.

The Spaniard then pulled out a sheet of paper (LULZ) and read out a list of accusations about Ferguson's conduct regarding referees, the FA's Respect campaign and fixture lists.

The Respect campaign is the FA's programme of activities to combat unacceptable behaviour in the game at every level, both on the pitch and from the sidelines, which began in August last year.

"I want to talk about facts," said Benitez. "I want to be clear, I do not want to play mind games too early, although they seem to want to start.

"We had a Respect campaign meeting and I said forget it, because Mr Ferguson is killing the referees," said Benitez.

"During the Respect campaign - and this is a fact - Mr Ferguson was charged by the FA for improper conduct after comments made about Martin Atkinson and Keith Hackett.

"He was not punished. He is the only manager in the league that cannot be punished for these things.

"How can you talk about the Respect campaign and yet criticise the referee every single week?

"We know what happens every time we go to Old Trafford and the United staff. They are always going man-to-man with the referees, especially at half-time when they walk close to the referees and they are talking and talking.

"All managers need to know is that only Mr Ferguson can talk about the fixtures, can talk about referees - and nothing happens.

"We need to know that I am talking about facts, not my impression. There are things that everyone can see every single week.

"To complain and to always have an advantage is not fair."

"Two years ago we had a lot of early kick-offs away on Saturdays when United were playing on Sundays. And we didn't say anything," said the Reds boss.

"Now he is complaining about everything, that everybody is against United. But the second half of the season will see them playing at home against all the teams at the top of the table, it is a fantastic advantage.

"At Christmas, United played on the 29th and the rest of the teams played on the 28th. We were away against Newcastle two days after playing Bolton. They were playing about 40 hours later, but they were not complaining then.

"If he wants to talk about fixtures, and have a level playing field, there are two options if we don't want more problems with fixtures.

"One is the same as in Spain, the draw for the first part of the league is known, everyone knows which weekend. In the second half everyone plays the opposite, so you all know.

"Sky and Setanta have the right to choose their games and it will be the same for everyone. So Mr Ferguson will not be complaining about fixtures and a campaign against United.

"Or there is another option. That Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple."

One can only surmise from this that the Liverpool players today were distracted by their own dossiers which they have been compiling about Manchester United.

D
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 20:07
    Here's the video...
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_4770324,00.html

If you enjoy laughing at the mentally unstable, it's hilarious. Otherwise, the cringe factor may get to you.

D
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 20:08
    Originally posted by spurs73
    But benitez is right in what he said about ferguson
    And it turns out that Ferguson was right about Liverpool (and Benitez in particular)

I think Ferguson will be surprised that his minor comments resulted in such a melt-down.

D
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 21:34
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    In terms of ridiculous, cringe worthy outbursts, I'd rank them in the following order...

3. Ron Atkinson's tears of anger, before he threw his headset at the ballboy off camera

2. Kevin Keegan's tears of frustration, as he screams "I'd luv it, etc"

1. Rafa's "facts", where he lists how it is a "fact" that teams visiting OT need to employ zonal mar ...[text shortened]... that cannot be punished for these things."

I think he's worried.

D
    i think he's nuts.

no torres and keane??????

he should've known what to expect from stoke and had his most attacking team out there. stoke were he better team and had kitson took one of his chances liverpool and rafa would be looking pretty stupid. did you see the interview with the liverpool fans in liverpool before the game? what a bunch of classless idiots liverpool fans are.

his little speech was the finniest thing i've seen all season. and he says ferguson doesn't bother him 🙄

nothing beats keegans rant though....'i'd love it if we beat them...LOVE IT'.
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    11 Jan '09 03:44
    Originally posted by trev33
    ...... did you see the interview with the liverpool fans in liverpool before the game? what a bunch of classless idiots liverpool fans are.
    What! you mean Angry Boy was interviewes on tv?😵😵😵😵
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    11 Jan '09 13:10
    Originally posted by trev33

his little speech was the finniest thing i've seen all season. and he says ferguson doesn't bother him 🙄

nothing beats keegans rant though....'i'd love it if we beat them...LOVE IT'.
    Nothing will ever better Keegans "love it " outburst!

It was only a matter of time befor Benitez cracked...quality stuff, it's quite reassuring to know that the pressure is getting to hin, quite understandable when you consider just how much 'pool fans would "love it" if the unthinkable happened!
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Jan '09 15:21
    I think Ferguson may have pulled a "Rafa" by leaving Carrick on the bench today. :'(

D
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    11 Jan '09 17:54
    When one realizes that the "merchants of the long ball" depend on the dives of Mr. Seteven Hypocrite and few else, it's quite understandable that the Buffon Coach they have throws her toys out of the pram at the smallest opportunity.
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 22:02
    "I will be watching United's game with Chelsea. The result does not matter to us, if we win at Stoke that result does not matter."

Ha!

D
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 22:48
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    "I will be watching United's game with Chelsea. The result does not matter to us, [b]if we win at Stoke that result does not matter."

Ha!

D[/b]
    he also said something about of they drew with soke it wouldn't matter if utd and chelsea drew.

read his comments about david gill?

"They were saying we are a threat," said Benitez. "Now they know we are, they are playing mind games.

"But I don't think it's a mind game when you have control over everything; it's a mind game when you have the same level as the other people, then you can show you are cleverer than the others.

"But when you have control of everything and your chief executive is powerful in the FA and things like this, then that is not mind games.

"Is there a conflict of interest with David Gill at the FA?

"That is another fact. It is a fact that one person has a lot of power and control, and is on a lot of committees in the FA. To me that is very strange."

rite rafa

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree