1. 6yd box
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 23:37
    Originally posted by trev33
    he also said something about of they drew with soke it wouldn't matter if utd and chelsea drew.

read his comments about david gill?

"They were saying we are a threat," said Benitez. "Now they know we are, they are playing mind games.

"But I don't think it's a mind game when you have control over everything; it's a mind game when you have the same lev ...[text shortened]... and is on a lot of committees in the FA. To me that is very strange."

rite rafa
    so u think Gill being a 'big shot' at the FA is ok?

ARsenal had the same situration when Dean was a 'big shot' at the FA.

I dont understand why the FA allow this?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 00:22
    Originally posted by spurs73
    so u think Gill being a 'big shot' at the FA is ok?

ARsenal had the same situration when Dean was a 'big shot' at the FA.

I dont understand why the FA allow this?
    well i'm not sure what his job is within the fa but whatever he or dean used to do has nothing to do with a game of football, 11 vs 11.

it's funny that this is the first time in nearly 3 years that rafa has mentioned this.

read what he said again and remember his last outburst, the guy is a making himself look like an idiot.
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 00:59
    I have just watched the video of Rafa and don't see what everyone is on about. He talked calmly, stated facts etc so where is the rant.
    It would appear that Utd fans are on the band wagon along with the press as they actually fear Liverpool.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 01:05
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I have just watched the video of Rafa and don't see what everyone is on about. He talked calmly, stated facts etc so where is the rant.
    It would appear that Utd fans are on the band wagon along with the press as they actually fear Liverpool.
    his 'facts' were BS and it wasn't necessary to say anything.

watching the stoke game i can't see why ANYONE should fear liverpool.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 01:13
    You can clearly see by what he said that the pressures getting to him!

Why would Utd fans fear Liverpool now when even pool fans admit that the momentum is definitely with Utd now..even Torres admits Utd are in the driving seat at the moment!
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 09:53
    Benitez is on drugs.

Fact!
  7. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 21:34
    Originally posted by trev33
    his 'facts' were BS and it wasn't necessary to say anything.

watching the stoke game i can't see why ANYONE should fear liverpool.
    Are you telling me that Utd did not play on 29th when the rest played on 28th
    Are you saying that Utd's remaining games against the top teams are not home games
    Are you saying that Fergie and his assistants don't hound the officials 🙄

Wake up and smell the roses

Utd may well be in the driving seat, may well be the most likely champions this season but that does not mean that Rafa was talking BS
    Should he have made his views known, probably not but he had a prepared agenda not a rant
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 22:10
    Are you saying that Utd's remaining games against the top teams are not home games

Wake up and smell the roses

Utd may well be in the driving seat, may well be the most likely champions this season b ...[text shortened]... BS
    Should he have made his views known, probably not but he had a prepared agenda not a rant
    i never said it was a rant. that was the press.

so what if they played liverpool, arsenal and chelsea all away in the first half of the season? the seasons over 38 games it doesn't matter when they play. plus in case you forgot utd only got 1 point from those games. i bet they would've wanted liverpool at home first so they had a better chance of beating them when they where playing quite well and utd were playing well below their capabilities.

utd will end up playing more games than any other prem club this season, including a trip to japan. do you think they wanted to be playing tonight when the liverpool lads were at a strip club? yes they played on the 29th and had an extra days rest but so did boro who has a weaker squad that utd, if anything the extra day would've helped boro more than utd. utd could've played a different 11 against boro than against stoke and still would've had a good chance of winning.

are you saying that the other managers and assistants don't?
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 22:391 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    ...the "fact" that "Mr Ferguson was killing the referees, killing Mr (Martin) Atkinson, killing Mr (Keith) Hackett."

Or the fact that "On 1st November, they played Hull and Mr Ferguson had a two-match touchline ban and a £10,000 fine after confronting Mike Dean, the referee, for improper conduct."

followed up with the "fact" that Ferguson "is the only manager in the league that cannot be punished for these things."
    How about these "facts", Mc?

D
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 22:431 edit
    How about this "fact", Mc?
    "We have seen players sent off at Old Trafford and we do not see our opponents sent off."

Read the headline over this photo to see how accurate this "fact" is...
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/080913/2/15s18.html

I think Robbo on the BBC put it best...

"I mean we all know that Ferguson wasn't actually born here but was blasted down to Earth by invaders from the Planet Taggart, in order to reclaim major sporting honours from under the noses of the just. We know that, Rafa.

We know that Liverpool's title push in recent years has been hampered by various TV networks - operating under the influence of an intergalactic mind-ray - forcing them to play too many lunchtime matches. (SETANTA apparently stands for Scupper Every Team Around - Never Touch Alex.)

I myself have witnessed Sir Alex Ferguson levitate an entire wall of defenders with the power of his mind just so Ronaldo could fire a free-kick underneath it. But if you start spouting this stuff in public you start to look a bit foolish. So I keep my counsel. "
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/robborobson/2009/01/button_it_benitez.html (with link to full transcript in the Guardian)

D
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 11:27
    i think its gonna end up like American beauty, Rafa wont be able to handle the knock back when he trys to stick the lips on Fergy at Old Trafford. His only option will be to hang himself under the goal posts at half-time.
  12. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 09:581 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I think Robbo on the BBC put it best...
    We can all find someone to agree with our views. Yours is a guy who writes a blog on the BBC that sounds like something you'd read in The Sun or hear on 606. Mine is someone who knows a bit more about the situation being discussed

"Rafa Benitez has articulated what referees have been thinking for years - that Sir Alex Ferguson can say what he wants about them and the FA will allow him to get away with it"

Graham Poll (Considered the Premier League's top referee until his retirement at the end of the 2006-07 season)
  13. LA
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 15:151 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    We can all find someone to agree with our views. Yours is a guy who writes a blog on the BBC that sounds like something you'd read in The Sun or hear on 606. Mine is someone who knows a bit more about the situation being discussed

"Rafa Benitez has articulated what referees have been thinking for years - that Sir Alex Ferguson can say what he wants abou ered the Premier League's top referee until his retirement at the end of the 2006-07 season)
    Yes but Graham Poll is now retired after having a career as a (relatively speaking for the football industry) poorly paid referee.

Refs are there to manage the game, we shouldn't even know there name to be honest.

Mr Poll is trying to establish himself as a respected brand that can earn a very nice living by commenting on contraversial issues week in, week out.

What do you think will earn Mr Poll the biggest pay check and a nice back page headline?

"Sir Alex abuses referees just like every other manager"

"Sir Alex gets special treatment, he's been doing it for years, we all know this, but its Sir Alex so the less experienced refs are scared of him"

Give me a break, Poll is trying to make money on the situation.

Ask Jose Mourinho, he managed the team that challenged United for 3 years and says United were treated just as fairly as every other team.

Problem with Mourinho's quote, it doesn't sell newspapers.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 15:47
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Mr Poll is trying to establish himself as a respected brand that can earn a very nice living by commenting on contraversial issues week in, week out.

What do you think will earn Mr Poll the biggest pay check and a nice back page headline?
    So why doesn't this apply to Robbo?
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 19:20
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

"Rafa Benitez has articulated what referees have been thinking for years - that Sir Alex Ferguson can say what he wants abou ...[text shortened]... ered the Premier League's top referee until his retirement at the end of the 2006-07 season)
    At least my source is funny on purpose...
    http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/6665/grahampoll4dvji5.jpg

Also, your source, who's trying to sell books, is about as unbiased as Shamon Perez when commenting on Yasser Arafat.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree