1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 22:01
    Originally posted by blade68
    It's not that it confuses me, I just think it's really sad.
    So you attack as a rabid poodle; how mature!
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 22:40
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    So you attack as a rabid poodle; how mature!
    Not really sure how a rabid poodle attacks... or indeed if that would be immature...

I find it amusing that you've now started to type correctly, as opposed to typing text-speak... I think that shows that I had a point in the first place.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 01:49
    I find it amusing that you've now started to type correctly, as opposed to typing text-speak... I think that shows that I had a point in the first place.
    ROFLMAO

"started"! 😀😀

I have managed 372 pages of posts with the vast majority without error in typing, spelling, or grammar. If one of my posts has every word spelled incorrectly, it seems that it may have been deliberate.

Yes, you had a point. You couldn't read it, so I broke it down for you. For this, I get personally attacked as by a rabid poodle.
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 12:50
    ROFLMAO

"started"! 😀😀

I have managed 372 pages of posts with the vast majority without error in typing, spelling, or grammar. If one of my posts has every word spelled incorrectly, it seems that it may have been deliberate.

Yes, you had a point. You couldn't read it, so I broke it down for you. For this, I get personally attacked as by a rabid poodle.
    Woof.
  5. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 12:55
    If no one objects to me going back to the original topic...

Does anyone find it ironic that professional sport is trying to find ways to eradicate or reduce draws at a time when the British educational system is trying to remove the concepts of winning and losing from school sports activities?
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 14:38
    Originally posted by Ian68
    If no one objects to me going back to the original topic...

Does anyone find it ironic that professional sport is trying to find ways to eradicate or reduce draws at a time when the British educational system is trying to remove the concepts of winning and losing from school sports activities?
    Both are mistaken. When two teams slug it out and neither can get an advantage, a darw or tie is a satisfying result.

Schools that eschew winning and losing fail to prepare students for the real world.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 14:39
    Woof.
    Should I call animal control? 😕
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 17:34

Schools that eschew winning and losing fail to prepare students for the real world.[/b]
    Now I do agree with you on that one.

Anyone that says "It's not the winning or losing that matters, it's the taking part" - has only ever been a loser.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 18:44
    Now I do agree with you on that one.

Anyone that says "It's not the winning or losing that matters, it's the taking part" - has only ever been a loser.
    I suspect the folks pushing such things have ideological issues with the effects of competition, but unless they are thoroughgoing Marxists (or other confirmed opponents of Capitalism) they are intellectually dishonest.
  10. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 06:31
    Rugby league in Australia has abandoned the draw as well. Everyone seemed terribly upset when Australia and New Zealand played a 3-match series, and the third and deciding match was a draw.

(I think it was Aus-NZ, maybe it was just NSW vs Queensland)

As far as I can tell, though, a common reason for getting rid of draws is that they cause too much trouble when people are placing bets.
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 15:36
    Originally posted by orfeo
    As far as I can tell, though, a common reason for getting rid of draws is that they cause too much trouble when people are placing bets.
    Bookies run sports.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree