1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 19:45
    Originally posted by trev33
    re the two games being propounded, it really is pathetic. what's the point of having under soil heating if you're just going to cancel a match over fears for 'fans safety' outside the ground after a few cm's of snow?[/b]
    Yes, this has only happened this season to my knowledge, and I agree totally Trev.
    Clubs spend a fortune ensuring the pitch s playable, only for some Health & Safety do-gooder to stick their oar in about snow in the carpark being dangerous!

The fans manage to get to work without losing limbs, so why wouldn't they be able to make it to a football ground!
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 23:24
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    😀
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 07:13
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Do you know what we call that in this part of the world?

Great football weather.

🙂
    I'd love to see how you do here on the lowveld before a thunder storm, with temperatures pushing into the high 30 degrees Celsius and humidity pushing into the 80's, when even the insects seem to be having a nap just to survive the heat...
  4. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 10:571 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I'd love to see how you do here on the lowveld before a thunder storm, with temperatures pushing into the high 30 degrees Celsius and humidity pushing into the 80's, when even the insects seem to be having a nap just to survive the heat...
    Of course, us temperate-climate types struggle in that as well.

Though I defy both of you to cope with week after week of grey skies and drizzle without committing suicide as effectively as us plucky Brits!

🙂
  5. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 16:28
    I had two Arsenal players still to play in the fantasy league (and one of them is the captain). Now, they cancelled the game and I lost my match by only a few points. How can they do it?
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 07:44
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Of course, us temperate-climate types struggle in that as well.

Though I defy both of you to cope with week after week of grey skies and drizzle without committing suicide as effectively as us plucky Brits!

🙂
    It was funny seeing a few of the Barmy Army looking like lobsters. At least our heat beat the English 😞
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 04:191 edit
    Here's my easy solution to the problem:

Everybody grow some nuts.

Thank you very much.
    Ha, i'd like to see toronto cope without snow plows and 2 feet of salt piled high on the roads....
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 23:23
    Carling Cup Semifinal cancelled due to "extreme" weather
    http://tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=304794

And from the Telegraph:

[i]Forecasters warned that the snow and [b]arctic conditions
    are set to continue into the weekend, while southern England is braced to be the “crucible” of the severe weather later today.

“Commuters and holidaymakers faced tra ...[text shortened]... "

I have one word for those of you cowering in face of Mother Nature: PUSSIES[/b]
    In Scotland the teps went down to -22C .

Great Britain is just not prepared for such weather conditions so naturally transport will be affected/ food supplies/ school and work access. Your county is prepared and has the necessary equipment to carry on. The British are not to blame but the government is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree