1. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 12:42
    Don't let the cell bars hit you on the arse on the way in.

😵
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 13:25
    Originally posted by Frank Burns

😵
    Update please... My father read yesterday that some of the other guys have now said Vick was there and participated in the executions of at least 8 dogs.

I heard also if he plea bargained he would only be charged with crossing state lines with the dog... but this new evidence has him directly linked to the death of dogs... and gambling.

So, what's the new news today, Burns!?

Also, are you still going to boycott the entire NFL over this guy? Seems the NFL is going to do the right thing when the time comes. If he ever gets a job with the NFL, I WILL strongly consider your boycott.

P-
  3. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 13:552 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Update please... My father read yesterday that some of the other guys have now said Vick was there and participated in the executions of at least 8 dogs.

I heard also if he plea bargained he would only be charged with crossing state lines with the dog... but this new evidence has him directly linked to the death of dogs... and gambling.

So, what's ...[text shortened]... e time comes. If he ever gets a job with the NFL, I WILL strongly consider your boycott.

P-
    Yes Mr. P,
    Well the most urgent charge, and the charge that will be most damaging to him is the crossing of state lines to commit this crime. Like you I am awaiting his confession. If he chooses to fight it, they will amend the charges and he will certainly face more severe penalty.

Your father is right. The other participants have folded like cheap suits, and this dosen't bear good news for Michael. And they are the only witnesses we are privy to via the press. And listening to the radio on the way home last night, the commish has stated that any gambling is grounds for dismissal from the NFL. However, of course, they are remaining in the background until the court of law does it's thing. And rightfully so. It would not be prudent for the commish to make a stand that may affect the outcome of any legal procedures.

Yes, I will boycott the NFL this season. I gotta make a stand. If the American public doesn't do the same, I feel they are complicit with the actions of certain men who make their living playing football. And basketball, and baseball etc... I'm hanging on to baseball, but if anything this grievous emerges I will boycott baseball as well.

An anology Phlab, what would hurt you worse? A warning from the Highway Patrol or a high price ticket that would rip the leather from your wallet?

I'm off to Montana to visit my folks bud. I'll look for your response when I get there. My best to you and those you love.

Frank
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 14:161 edit
    Yes Mr. P,
    Well the most urgent charge, and the charge that will be most damaging to him is the crossing of state lines to commit this crime. Like you I am awaiting his confession. If he chooses to fight it, they will amend the charges and he will certainly face more severe penalty.

Your father is right. The other participants have folded like c I'll look for your response when I get there. My best to you and those you love.

Frank
    I still believe the new commissioner is doing a great job compared to the last one. Pacman for example. You may also note that MY team is the N E Patriots, and Bill + Brady + team mentality = Excellence. Bill would cut most any player quicker than you can say HIKE, so I don't feel the same about the NFL as you do.

I believe this is all going to work out, and I'm not going to punish myself over what this idiot does until the NFL crosses that line of taking him back and sweeping things under the rug.

I think every coach and owner should or has taken a page from the NE book of how to create a team. In New England it's strictly business and team before person... and if someone gets out of line they know they are either off to another team or out of the picture.

It's up to the owners and coaches to start making the right decisions about these "bad boys" and sooner or later all teams will 'right the ship' or they're going to find their stadiums empty on game day.

What is it that makes you want to take this year off? What are the things still going on that have you missing out on a good sport? I think everyone involved now is trying their best to sort this out and do the right thing, and Vick is basically out of the picture for the season. If you don't have a good answer to this, consider this year... and wait to see where it goes from there. That has been my stand the whole time, I think it's going to sort it self out. Especially if NE wins everything, or at least comes close again.

Have a good and safe trip, best wishes to ALL yours!

P-
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 15:42

So, what's ...[text shortened]... e time comes. If he ever gets a job with the NFL, I WILL strongly consider your boycott.

P-
    It is not like Vick commited the worst crime ever. Here is something you might wasnt to boycot the NFL over you can still by a Ray Caruth jersey (he was convicted of being on the telephone while the hit man he hired killed his pregnant girl friend). I mean it ain't good to hurt dogs but lets put things in perspective.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 18:38
    Hurt Dogs???!!!!!!

YARG! 😠
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 19:30

😵
    Yea, he could have beaten up his girlfriend or molested a minor and only gotten a hand slap. However, mess with innocent animals and watch out!!! They will hang ya from the highest flag pole no questions asked.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 22:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yea, he could have beaten up his girlfriend or molested a minor and only gotten a hand slap. However, mess with innocent animals and watch out!!! They will hang ya from the highest flag pole no questions asked.
    it is sad that animals are more important than people
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 01:47
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    No one said they were.... but there were more than 10 dead dogs found on the property alone, and I'm sure many other fighters had to take their dogs home when they lost. The place was a dog slaughterhouse.

I'm not going to compare it to 1 person, or 5. I'm saying it is insane and WRONG. No need to compare anything here.

I did not know about this other guy who put a hit on his wife, perhaps some dates and links would be nice for me to study up.... so I can put things in perspective that is.

As for now, I don't plan to boycott unless Vick comes back. As for you saying a convicted felon still has his jersey being sold by the NFL I don't like it.... but my thoughts are on the current news right now.

I appreciate you pointing out other things that are wrong with the NFL, I will take them ALL into account.

P-
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 02:44
    Sad but true. 😞
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 04:38
    Dog fighting is obviously wrong and certainly more wrong than other sports but I think Vick's role is exaggerated and other wrong are minimized. In horse racing recently a potential triple crown winner pulled up lame and the horse was euthinized. Now you can spin it any way you want but here is an animal that is run until it breaks a bone (and therefore loses) and then it is killed. Vick fights dogs and when they are irreperably injured (lose) he kills him (fairly similar). Now people don't like the way he killed them (but I imagine it ain't exactly easy to lethally inject a dog fight dog) or his lack or remorse (crying doesn't realy help the horse or the dog) , but on some level aren't both gambling sports which allow animals to compete to the extent die when they don't peform up to our standards?
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 04:54
    That's not possible. It's like saying that canines are more important than dogs.

What's especially sad is how many people cannot discuss the Vick situation without trivializing his alleged crime via comparison to their favorite social injustice.

Yes, brutally executing dogs isn't as bad as gassing Jewish people, nuking Japanese citizens, decimating Native Americans or molesting children, but how does that matter? There is plenty of justice to go around.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 04:57
    Dog fighting is obviously wrong and certainly more wrong than other sports but I think Vick's role is exaggerated and other wrong are minimized. In horse racing recently a potential triple crown winner pulled up lame and the horse was euthinized. Now you can spin it any way you want but here is an animal that is run until it breaks a bone (and th ...[text shortened]... ch allow animals to compete to the extent die when they don't peform up to our standards?
    "A series of ailments — including laminitis in the left rear hoof, an abscess in the right rear hoof, as well as new laminitis in both front feet — proved too much for the gallant colt. Barbaro was given a heavy dose of a tranquilizer and an overdose of an anesthetic and put down at 10:30 a.m."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16846723/

How is that at all like what Michael Vick's friends admit to doing?
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 13:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sad but true. 😞
    Yeah... I've been thinking...

"They're JUST dogs".

Ya know?

Just dogs, who cares.

P-
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 13:36
    Yeah... I've been thinking...

"They're JUST dogs".

Ya know?

Just dogs, who cares.

P-
    How about some nutt-kick salad to chase your knuckle sandwich. Lou Zor!!

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree