1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 02:181 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    It has been highly well known that the biggest scouting areas for college prospects are in the south, Georgia, and Texas, California and especially Florida. So you have it backwards my friend. Most college prospects don't go to the South. They come from the South. These state's colleges are consistently good because most people stay local so they don't pay small school (roughly 6,000 students compared to the Big 10 schools with 40,000 and 50,000).
    So Miami was on a slide since the late 90's? Do we just then ignore their winning streak of almost 34 games until that point and had they won that particular game which, if I am not mistaken, would have surpassed the all time record for consecutive wins? Please think about what you are saying.

As for your pointing out how big the school is, who cares? What matters is they either get the players they need or they don't. As the old saying goes, size has nothing to do with it..... 😛
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 07:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    So Miami was on a slide since the late 90's? Do we just then ignore their winning streak of almost 34 games until that point and had they won that particular game which, if I am not mistaken, would have surpassed the all time record for consecutive wins? Please think about what you are saying.

As for your pointing out how big the school is, who cares? W ...[text shortened]... yers they need or they don't. As the old saying goes, size has nothing to do with it..... 😛
    Yes, please just ignore any streak the Hurricanes have. I live 40 minutes from their campus, and I hate them. Ignore them, please.
  3. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 07:31
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    you watch Wisconsin will win the Big Ten this year!!!!!!!!!!
    They might as well, no one else is worth anything.
  4. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 08:15
    They might as well, no one else is worth anything.
    Probably. They had a good year last year for having a first year coach, and they should be relatively the same record wise as last year. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they lost an extra game, especially one of their non-conference games (that's usually what happens, although their only loss last year was to Michigan). I never put too much behind Wisconsin, though (and I live there), something always goes wrong.

Anyone know what Boise State is ranked and how they did this weekend?
  5. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 08:181 edit
    Boise State is ranked #24 in the AP poll, and #23 in the coach's poll (USA Today)

They beat Weber State, a Perennial powerhouse, 56-7.
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 14:45
    Boise State vs Hawaii is the big game for both of those teams and may be a big game for the bowls.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 01:47
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    you watch Wisconsin will win the Big Ten this year!!!!!!!!!!
    That's fairly obvious after Saturday.
  8. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 19:15
    So what of the OSU championship win over Miami in 2003? Or was that too long ago for you to remember?
    Actually, I don't. But I only got into college football when I moved to the craphole of Ohio. Then, through watching them play, and looking at the conference compared to others, and watching Florida cream them...I made some inferences.

Besides, the freshmen of that championship (2003) are now graduated. So what does it matter ? WVU is going to be better than them
  9. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 20:41

As for your pointing out how big the school is, who cares? W ...[text shortened]... yers they need or they don't. As the old saying goes, size has nothing to do with it..... 😛
    Do you still want to talk about how good Miami still is? They got quite a spanking from Oklahoma.. quite.
  10. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 22:55
    Boise State is ranked #24 in the AP poll, and #23 in the coach's poll (USA Today)

They beat Weber State, a Perennial powerhouse, 56-7.
    Boise State has a new QB this year since Zabransky is gone. They are a different team though they still have Ian Johnson, I don't think they can pull off what they did last year. Boise is hoping though.

They are loosing to Washington at the moment but that is not a big surprise.

Michigan State is GREAT, they will do well this year! I hope they kick U of M in the rear end!

😉
  11. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 04:00
    Michigan has not won a game since Bo Schembechler's death.

Sounds like divine intervention.
  12. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 04:46
    Poor Boise. :'(. Mostly because I had them picked to win.

Glad Michigan lost, though. 🙂

Picks are going well so far, 9-2.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 11:54
    Do you still want to talk about how good Miami still is? They got quite a spanking from Oklahoma.. quite.
    What can I say, college football changes. For example, at one time Nebraska was a power house but now they do well to stay in the top 25. However, that does not diminish in any way what they were at one time. In some respects 2003 was a long time ago depending on your perspective but you should not diminish that OSU team based on what is happening today. Thats simply crazy!!
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 11:59
    Michigan lost 39-7, 39-7, 39-7, 39-7, 39-7, 39-7, 39-7, 39-7, 39-7, 39-7, 39-7.

Oh, did I mention, Michigan lost 39-7? It almost makes me feel as though I want to feel sorry for them or something. Then a little voice inside me glibly says, "Nah". Michigan lost 39-7!!!!!!

GO BUCKS!!!!
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 19:00
    Originally posted by mlprior
    Michigan has not won a game since Bo Schembechler's death.

Sounds like divine intervention.
    Not only that, that team up north has not been unranked since 1968 nor had they been blown out of a game at home like the last one against Oragon since Woody Hayes did it!! They truly have fallen apart. Its a shame, no? 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree