1. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 12:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What! Have you seen Lampards goal scoring record for the last few seasons?

Remember Capello knows that the wining team always improve throughout the competition and peak around the semis. Wholesale changes of our top potential scorers are not required; Gerrard and Lampard can play together they just need a short run of competitive games.
    I'm considering his games for the english team. He's a terrific player, but playing for the english team, has he ever shown enough to be unquestionable starter? I dont think so.
    WC is a short tournament, you guys are waiting for him to improve throughout the competition since 2006
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 15:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 16:371 edit
    and you can make one change to the team/tactics last game; what would it be?
    shoot rooney and then yourself
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 22:09
    Originally posted by monteirof
    put Lampard on the bench.

Lampard and Gerrard are like Xavi and Fabregas. Spain works pretty well with Fabregas on the bench, although Fabregas is a great player. The team simply works better with only one creative midfielder and two advanced wingers.

Capello should try it, Lampard is not even deserving to be a starter... and did he ever?
    I agree. Drop Lampard and make gerarrd the central man with cole on the left. England can't win the WC without gerrard playing centrally.

The only other option would be keep lampard but in a 4-5-1 that allows both of them to roam forward.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 22:221 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night
    shoot rooney and then yourself
    Your obvious lack of comment when you "win" the group, only goes to exemplify the USA's complete misunderstanding of the the beautiful game of football.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 03:581 edit
    Your obvious lack of comment when you "win" the group, only goes to exemplify the USA's complete misunderstanding of the the beautiful game of football.
    SOCCER! You know that is the original name because you played it with a sock stuffed with yarn and rocks to give it weight. Of course you "nuanced" englishmen know everythnig better! Why don't you call it mouth ball since ya'll seem to talk more than play? Better yet, since hoof and mouth disease was england's gift to the world perhaps foot(ball)in mouth instead of net disease is more apt!
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 04:12
    Soccer not football!
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 04:13
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    SOCCER! You know that is the original name because you played it with a sock stuffed with yarn and rocks to give it weight. Of course you "nuanced" englishmen know everythnig better! Why don't you call it mouth ball since ya'll seem to talk more than play? Better yet, since hoof and mouth disease was england's gift to the world perhaps foot(ball)in mouth instead of net disease is more apt!
    LOL...I don't know if you meant it too be funny, but cracked me up!!!
  9. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 13:35
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The rules of football were codified in England by the Football Association in 1863, and the name association football was coined to distinguish the game from the other forms of football played at the time, specifically rugby football. The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as an Oxford "-er" abbreviation of the word "association", often credited to former England captain Charles Wreford-Brown. - wikipedia

Dumbass.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 14:46
    I think I would keep the winning side from Slovenia, except maybe use Dawson instead of Upson. King has quality, but is easily broken and this game will be very physical I expect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree