1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 17:03
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    hello

Interesting perspective from 'over the pond', and I agree with much of what you say.

To the poster who suggested 'replays' to highlight or check diving, it has been suggested, but the feeling is that it would halt the flow of the game too much (maybe once every 5 mins?) to check on such actions, and would not be popular amongst fans. ...[text shortened]... position, but is against the laws. it still happens a lot!

ps ~ it was West Ham vs Arsenal!!
    Excellent post st dominics preview.

I have seen a few rugby matches, and NO question on their manliness at all. Another point I have with the flopping/diving of soccer players is the message they are sending to the youth soccer players. That not only should a young player practice the sport....but he/she should also be working on their acting abilities, and faking injury for the refs. They see their 'heroes' do it.

You have a great idea: The league should be reviewing each match AFTER the game, and in all cases of obvious and blatant diving, the player should get penalized in such a way, that he will think twice before diving again. This issue of diving needs to be weeded out of the sport.

I have a hard time understanding why a soccer/football player would be so eager to trade his manliness on the field, for a penalty. The entire purpose of sport....any sport, is to play with honor, and give your game the best you have......and the best team prevails....regardless of the sport. Diving is a clear way of cheating....and sends a really bad message to the fans, and the youth who are watching.

Until they fix this diving problem.....I must agree with your rugby players that football is currently nothing less than 'wendyball', and I am not a fan of it.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 04:07
    Today, I watched a soccer match in the MLS (America's soccer league) and witnessed more blatant flopping. Guys falling to the ground with no contact, almost crying, until the ref stepped in, then they got up and played on.

It is disgusting, and I had to post. Some may think that I was picking on the European league, or the English....but, I wasn't. It is ALL soccer that is revolting.

These guys don't really need to do much anyway. Just run around the field and kick a ball. I am losing all respect for soccer/football.

You don't need to reply, I just had to vent at what I witnessed.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 03:46
    Will any new readers to this site give their opinion of the flaw to soccer?

These 'men' need to do nothing but run around the field and kick a ball. Yet, they find many ways to act as if their life was on the line with a non-contact hit. They almost cry, and it is quite disturbing. These are NOT real men, and I find it hard to watch any soccer......american or otherwise. They all seem to be babies, just merely looking to cry for the ref, and not actually play soccer.

I know I am right. Why has nobody else chimed in with their opinion?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 23:03
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Will any new readers to this site give their opinion of the flaw to soccer?

The massive flaw in soccer is the primary reason that
    American Football has become so popular around the globe.

I see that baseball (or Rounders as it is known in most of the world)
    will soon usurp Cricket as the world's premier bat n ball game.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 20:04
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The massive flaw in soccer is the primary reason that
    American Football has become so popular around the globe.

I see that baseball (or Rounders as it is known in most of the world)
    will soon usurp Cricket as the world's premier bat n ball game.
    What ! ... That's news to me mucker .." Are you taking the Michael ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree