1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 13:09
    No team ever (fairly) beat Chelsea under Mourinho and Wenger's an ungracious barsteward at the best of times

but has anyone ever been as bad a loser as Fergie?

I'd like to think he'll be embarrased at his (probably whisky fuelled) rant when he wakes up this morning - mind you I doubt you'd notice any crimson blush through the alcohol inspired blotch-fest of a face of his.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7286112.stm
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 13:33
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    No team ever (fairly) beat Chelsea under Mourinho and Wenger's an ungracious barsteward at the best of times

I'd like to think he'll be embarrased at his (probably whisky fuelled) rant when he wakes up this morning - mind you I doubt you'd notice any crimson blush through the alcohol inspired blo ...[text shortened]... st of a face of his.

Fergie: "Hackett has got a lot to answer for in this country"

Somebody give this man a reality check.
  3. Santiago
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 14:19
    Angry Boy,

I agree with you. the irony is startling. He choses to overlook all the decisions and weak referees that have visited Old Trafford over the years. A team like Man Utd still should have won, with all their talent. Also Ronaldo complaining about how tough he got tackled, first murmers about a move to Spain in the summer?

Warnock at Palace is up before the FA to answer for his comment regarding a refereeing performance. I trust he will remind them thatFergie need to have an appointment scheduled. However, I remember the last time Fergie publicly lambasted a referee that person never refereed a match for United again.

Good on the ref. He was wrong, but he had the balls to make the decisions he did.
  4. Santiago
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 14:19
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Fergie: "Hackett has got a lot to answer for in this country"

Somebody give this man a reality check.
    The irony.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 18:05

I'd like to think he'll be embarrased at his (probably whisky fuelled) rant when he wakes up this morning - mind you I doubt you'd notice any crimson blush through the alcohol inspired blo ...[text shortened]... st of a face of his.

A bit OTT alright, but in fairness, there were 6 identical fouls in the game, 5 outside the box: ALL given, 1 inside the box: NOT given. The referee's observer MUST take note of that. Also, I'm not sure Kuschak should have been sent off. Anderson was right there and Rooney was on the line. I didn't see the dirty play that Fergie was referring to. Ronaldo WAS consistently fouled, but as far as I'm concerned the ref generally called those (apart from the peno obviously), and booked 1 or two players for it.

But in the end of the day, Pompey's back 5 played out of their skins, they got a bit of luck, United wasted a couple of good chances, and when Ferdinand had to go in goal, it was all over. I thought Scholes should have gone off instead of Hargreaves. He looked shagged, and was fairly ineffectual.

Good game, and sometimes they go against you. That's football.

And BTW: I don't think any manager is immune from having a pop at a referee at times...
    Benitez though believes the English game must get far tougher with defenders hell bent on kicking forwards. "What puzzles me is why people are talking all the time about Torres and when he plays, when they should surely be talking about how we can protect him when he plays," he said.

"There was lots of talk about how Torres coped so well with the kicking he received, but why aren't people saying that kicking was wrong?

"I'm surprised people aren't talking about the need to protect players of quality"

or how about this...
    "“If you watch the replay, twice Obi Mikel was trying to kick Crouch and that is why Crouch lost his head,” said the Liverpool manager.

“If the referee had blown his whistle, he would have avoided the sending-off. Sometimes you must be a little bit quicker.

“That is the reason Crouch was upset. It could be a sending-off, yes, but I have seen more dangerous tackles in the last month, and sometimes they have been a yellow card and not even a card. It’s un believable.

“The timing is the key to me, because after this decision the game was finished.”

I could find similar quotes from any manager. Part and parcel of the game.

D
  6. Santiago
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 18:20
    There is something wrong with the standards of refereeing. Maybe if the FA have to spend so much time putting panels together to chastise managers they may wake up and do something.

However, it gives them some feeling of contol in a world increasingly owned by the clubs and their mouthpiece Scudamore. I guess all those fines add up to a nice little money earner.
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 18:26

mangers of the so called 'top 4' all talk bo**ocks when they lose..
  8. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 18:33
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    A bit OTT alright, but in fairness, there were 6 identical fouls in the game, 5 outside the box .......

I could find similar quotes from any manager. Part and parcel of the game.

D
    Rag, it's not his reaction to that game - it's his reaction to almost every game ManU lose. Yes, of course you can find similar quotes from any other manager but Fergie has a whinge about something EVERY time they lose.
  9. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 18:35
    Originally posted by spurs73
    I thought you were off to join some "real" football fan clan?
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 18:37
    I thought you were off to join some "real" football fan clan?
    you are just angry because Everton won AGAIN and pushed your boys back into 5th spot..AGAIN
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 18:50
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Yes. Of course it is exclusive to the top 4 managers. 🙄

Even managers of semi-professional sides like Crystal Palace have rants from time to time...
    ""They go back to their jobs, referees, and give no thought about professionals like us having to work as hard as we've done tonight," Warnock told Sky Sports.

"'So what? It's only a penalty, it's only a goal, it's only an extra minute, I'm enjoying myself'. Dear me, it's disgraceful."

Here are some good ones from all facets of the game... I really enjoy Jeff Stelling, Sitton and especially Harry Redknapp.
    http://www.zootoday.com/lateststuff/archive/2008/02/22/top-10-football-rants.htm

D
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 18:561 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Yes. Of course it is exclusive to the top 4 managers. 🙄

Even managers of semi-professional sides like Crystal Palace have rants from time to time...
    ""They go back to their jobs, referees, and give no thought about professionals like us having to work as hard as we've done tonight," Warnock told Sky Sports.

"'So what? It's only a penalty, it's onl tp://www.zootoday.com/lateststuff/archive/2008/02/22/top-10-football-rants.htm

D
    Warnock...thats the best you could do?

edit: just checked out your link..guess who is at no 2😉
  13. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 20:19
    Shame that the officials had to be blamed for Pompeys win. Great backs to the wall performance, which delighted me and most of the rest of football supporters in the uK

Best FA cup day since the semis of 1990

😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree