1. Joined
    26 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 15:20
    Originally posted by Crowley
    He is obviously the best, right up there with Sir Garfield Sobers.

No-one else in history have come close to Kallis and Sobers...
    I think you are going just by numbers, which I feel is wrong. In any sports, you associate the word greatest with people who has redefined the game itself. Thats the reason, you always regard Richards much higher than Gavaskar. Both have similar avgs, Gavaskar had the better tech, but still we regard Richards has a greater player, just because of the way he played the game. After Sobers, I would say Keith Miller and Ian Botham are above Kallis, they were real threats to any opponents. Kapil Dev also comes pretty close.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 21:14
    Originally posted by raphael78
    I think you are going just by numbers, which I feel is wrong. In any sports, you associate the word greatest with people who has redefined the game itself. Thats the reason, you always regard Richards much higher than Gavaskar. Both have similar avgs, Gavaskar had the better tech, but still we regard Richards has a greater player, just because of the way h ...[text shortened]... am are above Kallis, they were real threats to any opponents. Kapil Dev also comes pretty close.
    Please. I'm a scientist, give me facts.
    The numbers speak for themselves.

So, because Kallis is playing in an era when we have 'seen it all' - he is not considered great in your book? You need to get yourself a new book buddy.
  3. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 08:07
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    I note the English captain just fell on his sword and the news report says Kevin Pieterson will be named the next captain.
    Great day for South African cricket.
    I could have a large dose of foot in mouth disease happening here.
    New England captain Kevin Pietersen on debut made a fighting century. Fourth English captain to do so. Well done.
    South Africa are 1 for 37 in the second innings, 85 runs behind still.
    Good game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree