1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 17:53
    I don't have a link to this yet, but I heard it this morning on the way to work, on 610 WIP, philadelphia sports radio. Senator Arlen Specter is a regular guest.

He has written a letter to the NFL comissioner, stating that next time the commish faces the panel, Specter will grill him that he better have started conducting an investigation into the Patriots cheating in the previous superbowls, most especially against the eagles.

I have no real opinion on it yet, but just thought I'd share.
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 18:401 edit
    Since when has a Republican been opposed to cheating?

It's a known fact they have a handbook on dirty tricks.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 18:41
    Specter is the inventor of the one bullet theory.
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 20:10
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Specter is the inventor of the one bullet theory.
    I know, he's a big sports fan though.
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 20:15
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Do you think he takes steroids?
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 20:16
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Do you think he takes steroids?
    I think he loves the sound of his own voice just a bit to much.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 20:421 edit
    I think he should shut his mouth and do whatever a politician should be doing.

P-

Edit! Perhaps we're better off him being a sport fan, now that I think about what I've said.
  8. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 21:07
    I think he loves the sound of his own voice just a bit to much.
    Am I the only one who thinks Arlen Spector sounds like the Howard Spraig character on the Andy Griffith show.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 22:03
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think he should shut his mouth and do whatever a politician should be doing.

P-

[b]Edit!
    Perhaps we're better off him being a sport fan, now that I think about what I've said.[/b]
    If Congress is going to waste its time worrying about "cheating" in baseball, why not waste its time worrying about cheating in football?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 02:51
    i can't believe I agree with no1. It is inconceivable that there isn't more cheating in football than baseball. The guys are like 50 pounds heavier than they were a generation ago and I am not dumb enough to believe it is all diet and nutrition.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 06:235 edits
    I don't have a link to this yet, but I heard it this morning on the way to work, on 610 WIP, philadelphia sports radio. Senator Arlen Specter is a regular guest.

He has written a letter to the NFL comissioner, stating that next time the commish faces the panel, Specter will grill him that he better have started conducting an investigation into the Pa ...[text shortened]... specially against the eagles.

I have no real opinion on it yet, but just thought I'd share.
    Well lets see, what has history taught us about cheating?

The Pats have been proven cheaters this year and are on their way to winning yet another Super Duper Bowl.

Barry Bonds is a proven cheater using roids and has set the all time home run record in Baseball as as result. I suspect Roger Clemens is not far behind setting untold pitching records at age 70.

The lesson I come away with is my Bungals must be the most honest hard working group in all of professional sports.....for the last 17 years or so that is. Of course this would not explain why half of them are currently either in jail or wanted by the law. Oh well, I guess the only other lesson to learn from it all is that those who cheat simply want to win!!! May the best cheater take the prize!!
  12. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 12:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If Congress is going to waste its time worrying about "cheating" in baseball, why not waste its time worrying about cheating in football?
    good point, but even though my eagles may have been cheated from the super bowl, in either case digging up the past can't help.
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 13:501 edit
    good point, but even though my eagles may have been cheated from the super bowl, in either case digging up the past can't help.
    The Eagles lost because they were the inferior of the two teams. But if it makes you feel better ....
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Jan '08 14:49
    Don't kid yourself, the Eagles lost because McNabb laid an egg on the last drive - just like T.O. said.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jan '08 14:39
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Last I checked Steroids were illegal... cameras are not.

If they want to talk with NFL players who've tested for these drugs, they should. Other than that, this is a Philly fan who's whining.

YD

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree