1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Nov '08 17:32
    Originally posted by rmacken
    gigantic is a bit of a childish term to use, I would say that he took advantage of a situation when it was offered to him. As for him saying "Foriegn players dive" I didnt see the interview but maybe he is just giving the foriegners a slice of humble pie as we all know foriegn teams are a hell of alot worse.
    Now you contradict yourself. What does "worse" mean when English people like you say diving is ok? Humble pie? I thought they were just "taking advantage of a situation when it was offered to them".

Is he or is he not a hypocrite? Yes or no, please.

Are you?
  2. LA
    Moves
    07 Nov '08 23:41
    Gerrard is a hypocrite for slagging off foreign players then diving himself at every opportunity.

Rooney is a hypocrite for claiming he would never dive, yet there are clearly 3 or 4 cases where he has dived and got a penalty.

The Premiership is the worse league in Europe for players diving, mainly because the stakes are so high for winning games.

The 2 worse divers in the Premiership are Gerrard and Ronaldo because they clearly dive even when little or no contact was made.

The foreign players are just as bad in general as the English players in the Premiership for diving.

Premiership teams I would say are now worse than foreign teams for diving.

Untill the rules are changed and more severe punishment is dished out for clear diving it won't change.

Palynka, there is a mentality with Liverpool supporters that makes them incapable of criticizing their own players or team.

You won't get a Liverpool supporter on here or anywhere else saying Gerrard is a worse diver than anyone else, its always somebody elses fault or everyone does it.

Liverpools team and supporters live by a higher code of conduct than the rest of us, so its not their fault.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Nov '08 23:44
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Gerrard is a hypocrite for slagging off foreign players then diving himself at every opportunity.

Rooney is a hypocrite for claiming he would never dive, yet there are clearly 3 or 4 cases where he has dived and got a penalty.

The Premiership is the worse league in Europe for players diving, mainly because the stakes are so high for winning ...[text shortened]... m and supporters live by a higher code of conduct than the rest of us, so its not their fault.
    Well said. Rec'd!
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Nov '08 15:16
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue

The Premiership is the worse league in Europe for players diving, mainly because the stakes are so high for winning ...[text shortened]... m and supporters live by a higher code of conduct than the rest of us, so its not their fault.
    Rec'd!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree