1. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 22:28
    Luton have sacked Newell. They made him sell all our best players and then wondered why we are losing.

I hate the sacking culture, it's different if you are a really big club. Who will luton get that is better?
  2. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 08:51
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Luton have sacked Newell. They made him sell all our best players and then wondered why we are losing.

I hate the sacking culture, it's different if you are a really big club. Who will luton get that is better?
    Couldn't agree more.....you get about 3 weeks to sort cluns out nowadays...

Think back to ferguson at united - he would never have lasted in the current cliamte, but look what he achieved there (unfortunately!!)...

I fear that Psycho at City may end up going as well, just cos of the pressure on the chairman - I'm convinced he doesn't want to get rid, but such is footy these days

One question that doesn't seem to come up when they're sacking managers is who will do better......who are Luton going to get now?? I can't think of anyone who would do brilliantly there now they've sold the best players....
  3. Middlesbrough
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 10:21
    you all need a chairman like we got up here...Steve Gibson ..backs the gaffa to the hilt..mind you sometimes he takes the loyalty thing to far (ROBSON) but credit where its due he stuck with Mac our national leader(YEAH RIGHT) and he did get us to UEFA final even though we got mullared...but nuff said majority of chairmans to quick to pull the trigger
  4. swivel seat
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 11:59

Hope you stay up for our friendly derbies, :-), Taunton 'orn 😀
  5. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 13:40
    Originally posted by Rookscarer
    you all need a chairman like we got up here...Steve Gibson ..backs the gaffa to the hilt..mind you sometimes he takes the loyalty thing to far (ROBSON) but credit where its due he stuck with Mac our national leader(YEAH RIGHT) and he did get us to UEFA final even though we got mullared...but nuff said majority of chairmans to quick to pull the trigger
    You are right Gibson is the best chairman. You must look at Newcastle and laugh, Shepherd needs to learn so much.

I even look for Middlesborough's results because I admire the way that club develops its managers and players. I hope Southgate does well. I agree Mac was too negative and he's brought that to England.
  6. Swansea
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 17:29
    I think Mike Newell is a great manager and he should have stayed at the club, even if they went down I think he would have been able to bring them back up so he really shouldn't have gone.

I hope Pearce doesn't get the sack, he needs time to sort it all out.
  7. Middlesbrough
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 20:02
    Hold on to your hats Hatters.Pleaty's on his way for a 3rd stint...hes's the favourite right now....
  8. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 18:18
    West Ham sacking Pardew was ridiculous, and as much as I don't like the bloke, Charlton didn't give Dowie time to do anything!
  9. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 18:59
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    West Ham sacking Pardew was ridiculous, and as much as I don't like the bloke, Charlton didn't give Dowie time to do anything!
    Don't forget they got rid of Rednap for Roeder? West Ham deserve to go down!
  10. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 22:31
    Allegedly most Chairman are successful businessmen... when you see how they run some of their football clubs I can only come to the conclusion that they're all 'fat cats' working for privatised national institutions...

Money runs football now... and yet it can be proved that STABILITY is the real major key to success - Ferguson, Wenger, Dario Gradi... all managers that have been given time to perform (although it could be argued that Wenger took over an already semi-successful side)... Gradi has worked absolute miracles at Crewe, given the monetary backing he's had.
    Other managers that are doing a decent job are Moyes and (dare I say it?) Warnock!
  11. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 23:38
    Don't forget they got rid of Rednap for Roeder? West Ham deserve to go down!
    They got rid of Redknapp for Curblishly, who then changed his mind and stayed at Charlton.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree