1. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 16:52
    Originally posted by poundlee
    I think everyone should consider no1s insults and failure to address any points a consession that he is a both arrogant jerk and wrong on the merits of the issues. Everyone should decide for themselves whether the merits of the WAC's schedule and whether Hawaii had a good showing in its bowl game. Everyone should decide whether Penn States win against Texa ...[text shortened]... they on the road play against teams seeded higher than them and still win half of their games.
    Every bowl season is going to have good and bad games. "Home" field might have some bearing on games, but it's all about matchups.

Michigan beating UF was a pretty big shocker as they haven't fared well this year against the spread and similar offenses.

The reason BC was in the Champ Sports Bowl in the first place is becasue of $$$, they don't have the fan following of other schools that generate the money bowl cities look to bring in. That's why they constantly get overlooked by the better bowls. Heck, they have to compete with the Pats, Celtics, & Red Sox in their own market. Having said that, MSU played them tough. Did MSU play up to BC or was BC playing down to MSU, probably some of both.

USC is playing as well as anyone in the country right now, Illinois would have a tough time with them anywhere on that night. That matchup was based solely on Rose Bowl tradition of matching Big 10 vs. Pac 10 and not the best particluar game for the fans.

I believe Penn State was favored against A&M despite being played in A&M's backyard. A&M was playing with an interim coach, but I'm sure the majority of the crowd was wearing Aggie maroon.
  2. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 17:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    A hook and ladder with 10 seconds to go to send the game into overtime and a Statute of Liberty play on a 2-point conversion to win it. Never happened before and will never happen again. A complete classic.
    The Texas-USC game referred to by Shortcircuit is widely agreed on as the best BCS/college game ever. Not so much of an opinion as consensus. Widely cited by major sources ESPN, etc. Two excellent teams with the game going down to the last second decided by one of the best performances by a single player (V Young) ever.

The Boise State game may have been one of the most Entertaining games, but to be the best game overall means having the best teams with the best players (V Young, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart etc) go down to the wire.

no1marauder - you started a risky thread and your team got embarrased. Take your lumps and dont act so offended. That's what happens when you go out on a limb like that. With Hawaii not having even played a real quality opponent and having trouble with several so-so opponents (see CNN column today) - boasting about them having a chance at UGA was a real stretch. Eat humble pie, cut your losses (quit posting) and think about that next time you want to take a risk like this thread you started.
  3. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 17:42
    Georgia V USC would be a good game.
  4. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 17:57
    Originally posted by impatient
    Georgia V USC would be a good game.
    I agree.
  5. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 02:452 edits
    After reading all of this ...well...I have to just laugh.

I see well stated posts backed up with facts while good ol #1 screams that he is the all knowing OZ.

I watched the Sugar Bowl.

Besides from me being very bored and playing my Mordor game on my laptop all i was left with was one image and one thought.

Thought: Hawaii WAS never prepared to play a decent football team...and in using the word "decent" I am kinda being rude to Georgia.

Image: Colt Brennan...the what the hell did #1 call him...the "hurlin Hawaiian"...getting put through the pavement on a sack and fumbling for a bulldog touchdown....hell even I said ouch when it happened. If that boy goes to the NFL he will be killed...maybe Arena league....or Taco Bell will be better for him with the high school schedule they give him every year.

And finally...Marauder...all you do on here is piss people off. You attack them because you think you are the bee's knees.

Guess what...you ain't.

Dave
  6. Standard memberDaBearsFan08
    Chicago Maniac
    Moon
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 02:51
    Your mind is garbage. Check out Boise State-Oklahoma (the best BCS game ever!) last year or Utah-Pitt in 2004. Fresno State this year beat Georgia Tech; its 4th win in 5 tries recently against one of your mighty BCS automatic conferences.
    Hawaii is a good team but struggled in the big game. Maybe they should put together a harder schedule and show how good they are be4 they play teams like Georgia.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 15:04
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    After reading all of this ...well...I have to just laugh.

I see well stated posts backed up with facts while good ol #1 screams that he is the all knowing OZ.

I watched the Sugar Bowl.

Besides from me being very bored and playing my Mordor game on my laptop all i was left with was one image and one thought.

Thought: Hawaii WAS never prepared to ...[text shortened]... attack them because you think you are the bee's knees.

Guess what...you ain't.

Dave
    Colt will be in the NFL and when he gets decent protection (he got none in the Sugar Bowl), will be a fine Quarterback.

You can go back to playing with yourself now.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 15:07
    Originally posted by DaBearsFan08
    Hawaii is a good team but struggled in the big game. Maybe they should put together a harder schedule and show how good they are be4 they play teams like Georgia.
    In other threads, I brought out the FACT (which all the detractors ignore), that Hawaii had Michigan State scheduled and when MSU backed out (and had to pay $250,000 for breaching the contract), Hawaii, with ESPN's backing, tried to play Michigan, which balked.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 15:10
    Originally posted by poundlee
    I think everyone should consider no1s insults and failure to address any points a consession that he is a both arrogant jerk and wrong on the merits of the issues. Everyone should decide for themselves whether the merits of the WAC's schedule and whether Hawaii had a good showing in its bowl game. Everyone should decide whether Penn States win against Texa ...[text shortened]... they on the road play against teams seeded higher than them and still win half of their games.
    You are a pathetic liar; I've answered ALL your points repeatedly. Nor did I claim Hawaii "had a good showing"; another lie. As to your pathetic excuses, keep 'em gcoming; every year the Big Ten seems to need them.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 15:17
    Originally posted by vacostner
    Another ignorant loudmouth? Please don't put me in the same boat as yourself. I'm just giving you a little of what you were dishing out before the game. Can't stand the taste of crow...pour on some poi.

Nothing that I haven't already stated. Take a look back at the BCS Insanity thread if you don't recall discussing Hawaii's schedule or lack there of. T ...[text shortened]... . Refer to season ending struggle against last place in the Pac-10 at 4-9, UW .
    Since you can't read, here's what I said about Brennan's performance in the Sugar Bowl:

Hawaii's offensive line was terrible. Georgia was able to send 3 or 4 men after Colt and get extreme pressure (8 sacks, innumerable hurries) and drop the rest into coverage thus depriving Hawaii of any downfield passing game. Colt played decent to complete 22 of 38 under those circumstances, but he just was unable to make any plays downfield.

Please tell me what part of that evaluation is incorrect rather than rave about "Hawaii stinks BLAH, BLAH, BLAH".

As pointed out repeatedly and repeatedly ignored by you and others, Hawaii tried to get a better schedule. Why should they be penalized because teams duck them (including bailing out of a scheduled game). They won all the games they played and deserved a shot at a BCS game. They played poorly against a better team and got creamed, but so did Illinois in the Rose and Oklahoma in the Fiesta. It happens but no one here is claiming those teams didn't deserve their shot. The double standards here are sickening.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 15:36
    Since you can't read, here's what I said about Brennan's performance in the Sugar Bowl:

Hawaii's offensive line was terrible. Georgia was able to send 3 or 4 men after Colt and get extreme pressure (8 sacks, innumerable hurries) and drop the rest into coverage thus depriving Hawaii of any downfield passing game. [b]Colt played decent to com ...[text shortened]... claiming those teams didn't deserve their shot. The double standards here are sickening.
    It is a good thing Hawaii didn't get a better schedule against top tier teams because their record would have stunk and they would not have gotten the opportunity to showcase(?) their talent in a major bowl game on National television. BTW, June Jones is all but locked up at SMU. Aloha!!
  12. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 16:444 edits

Hawaii's offensive line was terrible. Georgia was able to send 3 or 4 men after Colt and get extreme pressure (8 sacks, innumerable hurries) and drop the rest into coverage thus depriving Hawaii of any downfield passing game. [b]Colt played decent to com claiming those teams didn't deserve their shot. The double standards here are sickening.
    Maybe you missed this part of my post:
    I read your entire post, you stated Brennan had a decent game despite all Hawaii's offensive line, blah, blah, blah. Looking at his stats, what was decent about any of it, the 57% completion percentage? 169 yards, 0 TD's, 3 INT's, lost fumble and 8 sacks isn't very overwhelming to say the least.

Nobody on here was chest thumping for Illinois and Oklahoma like you have been for Hawaii either. Now take your medicine like a good little boy or that IBS will never clear up.

Fact is, noone thought Illinois deserved a spot in a BCS bowl. They were outmanned from the start. The Rose Bowl wanted to keep with tradition by matching up the Big 10 vs. the Pac 10 instead of putting a competitive game on the field the fans would want to see. Oklahoma got blasted by a WVU team that everyone thought would fold after losing to Pitt and a shot at the NC. 'Neers played inspired football as OU was one of the hottest teams at season's end.

Illini and Sooners had a lot tougher road to the BCS than Hawaii ever dreamed of. Illinois #32, Oklahoma #58, Hawaii...#118. Only Houston and Memphis had easier schedules in all of 1-A football. Man up, join a big time conference and quit playing teams sponsored by Chico's Bail Bonds. Before you bring up the whole Hawaii tried to schedule MSU and Michigan argument AGAIN, remember your opinion of the Big 10...overrated and garbage. Which is it, is the Big 10 viable competition or nothing better than what Hawaii currently plays? Can't have it both ways.

As of this morning, SMU offered June Jones $1.7M to become their new head coach. Doubt he'll take it, seeing he's the Big Kahuna in HI now that Dog the Bounty Hunter did himself in.

If it makes you feel better, UGA only beat Hawaii by 8 in basketball a couple of weeks ago. But, you're probably a Duke fan come basketball season.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree