1. over there
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 12:191 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I'd love to see a game with nothing but field goals. The Colts' win over Baltimore was terrific!
    It was ugly. No touchdowns. Boring.
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 13:50
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    SOMEBODY from the NFC had to get there; that "reasoning" is moronic. The AFC killed the NFC in interconference games this year (40-24 AFC); even the mighty Bears could only break even - including getting mauled at home by the 6-10 Dolphins. "Underrated"??? LMAO!
    You can't really argue with these facts. But all that matters is how the Bears defense will do in one big game, against an offense led by a QB that is scared of big games. Then, when the Bears have the ball ...

Last year the weaker team won. I hope we have better officiating in Miami (nothing to spoil the Bears' [unlikely] triumph).
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 14:51
    You can't really argue with these facts. But all that matters is how the Bears defense will do in one big game, against an offense led by a QB that is scared of big games. Then, when the Bears have the ball ...

Last year the weaker team won. I hope we have better officiating in Miami (nothing to spoil the Bears' [unlikely] triumph).
    Argue with the facts, damn you!

Peyton didn't look all that scared rallying his team from down 21-3 against the Patriots, the dominant playoff team this entire century!

The Steelers were better than the puny NFC champions last year. And the 2006 Super Bowl was well officiated!
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 15:15
    The Steelers were better than the puny NFC champions last year. And the 2006 Super Bowl was well officiated!
    Now I'm starting to worry about you No1. Did you watch the same game as the rest of the country? Are you okay?

I can't argue with the facts: the Bears are underdogs (which means that their victory will easily fill my liquor cabinet--I've taken bets that amount to Budweiser against Bourbon because some Colts fans are overconfident).
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 15:291 edit
    Now I'm starting to worry about you No1. Did you watch the same game as the rest of the country? Are you okay?

I can't argue with the facts: the Bears are underdogs (which means that their victory will easily fill my liquor cabinet--I've taken bets that amount to Budweiser against Bourbon because some Colts fans are overconfident).
    I discussed last year's Super Bowl with sore loser Telerion here: http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=38378&page=3

History says the Colts will win but not cover. There have been seven 7 point Super Bowl favorites; all but the Norwood Bills won. But they are 1-5-1 against the spread. I just think that the NFC is at a nadir this year and that the Colts, esp. their defense in the playoffs, look like they're on a mission. And I can't see Grossman winning a SB; Dilfer did but that Raven defense was far better then this Bear one.
  6. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 21:02
    BEARS +6
    in a close game BEARS by 3
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 21:55
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    in a close game BEARS by 3
    I can live with that
  8. CA, USA
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 23:25
    take the points .. and the under.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 23:29
    BEARS +6
    whud i tell ya
  10. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 02:58
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Put me down for the colts. Guess um... 28-20 Colts.
    Come on, Kick a field goal Bears!

Closest!

Finally Manning. Well deserved!
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 03:02
    Congrats to the Colts. :'(
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 03:21
    SOMEBODY from the NFC had to get there; that "reasoning" is moronic. The AFC killed the NFC in interconference games this year (40-24 AFC); even the mighty Bears could only break even - including getting mauled at home by the 6-10 Dolphins. "Underrated"??? LMAO!
    Ok, so what I am a Moron...but in this case I am glad I am. The team I wanted to win did for once. I just didn't expect Chicago to look so bad is all.😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree