1. Standard memberVepsen
    Wasp the
    By the seaside
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 14:59
    Hi - my first post on here, but one cannot overstate the job that Roy Keane has done for my club. We were 2nd bottom after 5 games when he joined us and heading for league-1

What a season, and under this man we will do the Premiership proud next season

Hard luck to all the Derby supporters out there - I really do hope you get up through the play-offs
  2. LA
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 15:06
    Originally posted by Vepsen
    Hi - my first post on here, but one cannot overstate the job that Roy Keane has done for my club. We were 2nd bottom after 5 games when he joined us and heading for league-1

What a season, and under this man we will do the Premiership proud next season

Hard luck to all the Derby supporters out there - I really do hope you get up through the play-offs
    Roy Keane in my opinion should be awarded the manager of year award for British Football, if such a title exists.

It seems he can demand repsect, passion and commitment from his players in the same way he carried Manchester Uniteds team for 10 years.

There's only one Keano.
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 17:25
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Roy Keane in my opinion should be awarded the manager of year award for British Football, if such a title exists.

It seems he can demand repsect, passion and commitment from his players in the same way he carried Manchester Uniteds team for 10 years.

There's only one Keano.
    Keane is a remarkable human being. His desire to win is incredible.

However one season managing a huge club in second rate football, it is dangerous to make too many conclusions.
  4. LA
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 17:311 edit
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil

However one season managing a huge club in second rate football, it is dangerous to make too many conclusions.
    I agree its early days.

Keane though was brought to Sunderland to try and stabalize them and avoid relegation.

Any thoughts of promotion were not a realistic consideration when he took over.
    He has massively overperformed as a manager.

You are right though, who knows what would happen if he became the new Bolton manager for example, its to soon and he needs too prove himself over the next 2 years.
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 19:06
    Anyone with half a football brain could've steered Sunderland back to the Premiership...

I thought Keane was over-rated as a player, and can see from these early posts that he's already well on the way to being over-rated as a Manager.

Let's see how he get on next season before anyone starts labelling him eh?
  6. Standard member1973mackem
    Keep The Faith
    Sunderland
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 19:56
    Come on Sunderland, keano and Quinn have done great, they got rid of deadwood and built a team in the same mind set as Keano. Hopefully some buys during the close season will make us comfortable Premiership team next season, maybe even qualify for Champions league (or not)
  7. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 20:30
    Cheers - but given the form we are in I doubt there's much chance of that!

Keane's done a great job; you've been the best team in the Championship this year, and I think you'll be fine next season.
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 22:03
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Cheers - but given the form we are in I doubt there's much chance of that!
    Have faith lad!

It's now, 2 years after I was all in favour of the playoffs, I believe the system to be a disgrace. I mean... 6th place can get promoted over 4th 5th and most importantly, 3rd? What sort of system is that? Top 3 should go up. Word.

😠
  9. Standard memberVepsen
    Wasp the
    By the seaside
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 22:20
    Originally posted by rhb
    Have faith lad!

It's now, 2 years after I was all in favour of the playoffs, I believe the system to be a disgrace. I mean... 6th place can get promoted over 4th 5th and most importantly, 3rd? What sort of system is that? Top 3 should go up. Word.

😠
    I agree. How often does the 3rd placed team go up through the playoffs?

Sunderland didn't do it it 98, and 04

We even lost to Palace in 04 when they finished 6th, but hey, they did us a great favour today ....
  10. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 11:32
    I agree. How often does the 3rd placed team go up through the playoffs?

Sunderland didn't do it it 98, and 04

We even lost to Palace in 04 when they finished 6th, but hey, they did us a great favour today ....
    thanks - palace played well

good luck in the prem
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 11:43
    I've got to hold my hands up and say I was wrong about Keane. I started a thread when he first became manager saying that he'd be totally useless - a screaming psycho in the mold of Graeme Souness. However it could be that the players are still in awe of having a player with recent achievements they admire being in charge (Souness' first job in charge of Rangers led to 4 league wins). Once Keane gets older and players just see him as a whinging old git they might not fight for him as much (I'm hoping 🙂).
  12. Joined
    07 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 11:53
    my first post to and after the start we had under quinn who would belive we would go up and i dont think any other manager could have done what roy has and with a lot of money to spend roll on next season
  13. Standard member1973mackem
    Keep The Faith
    Sunderland
    Moves
    06 May '07 22:421 edit
    CHAMPIONS what more needs to be said yey!!!😀😀😀😀😀
  14. swivel seat
    Moves
    07 May '07 11:16
    Originally posted by headsy
    my first post to and after the start we had under quinn who would belive we would go up and i dont think any other manager could have done what roy has and with a lot of money to spend roll on next season
    Keano was clearly inspired by the one and only Aidy Bothroyd 😉🙄
  15. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    09 May '07 03:32
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil

True, next season will tell all. My bet is Sunderland finish top 4, no joke.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree