1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 May '07 08:53
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    True, next season will tell all. My bet is Sunderland finish top 4, no joke.
    I'll give you 100-1 on that
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 May '07 10:11
    Originally posted by Vepsen
    Hi - my first post on here, but one cannot overstate the job that Roy Keane has done for my club. We were 2nd bottom after 5 games when he joined us and heading for league-1

What a season, and under this man we will do the Premiership proud next season

Hard luck to all the Derby supporters out there - I really do hope you get up through the play-offs
    No chance...not when they are up against the mighty Saints !!!
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    09 May '07 12:21
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    True, next season will tell all. My bet is Sunderland finish top 4, no joke.
    It will be very interesting.

Many Managers get ground down by the big 4 clubs and start to give them too much respect.

One of Keano's main skills was to look at the best and snarl at their weaknesses.

But often the first season you have two advantages.

You have confidence from winning

Your weaknesses are not well known to the opposition.
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 May '07 19:36
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil

But often the first season you have two advantages.

You have confidence from winning

Your weaknesses are not well known to the opposition.[/b]
    I beg to differ...

There aren't any advantages!

Confidence from winning is soon washed away by the 2nd Satyrday when you haven't got a win under your belt...

Weaknesses are easily identified by looking at team sheets... the players that performed for you in The Championship can go in to hiding when they're up against the big boys...

I speak from experience.... apart from Reading (who have got better this season because of the system they play - Coppell's done a great job!) both my lot and Watford have found it tough going.
    We've picked up points from teams that have been as poor as us, because Warnock has instilled a 'never say die' attitude, and 'cos the fans have been extremely vocal at home. But I still look at our team sheet and despair... Gillespie, Kenny and Jags apart, we just don't have the quality.

Watford have not progressed whatsoever since last season, and lost their 2 main assets (King to injury, and Young to Villa)...
  5. swivel seat
    Moves
    09 May '07 21:00
    Originally posted by blade68
    I beg to differ...

There aren't any advantages!

Confidence from winning is soon washed away by the 2nd Satyrday when you haven't got a win under your belt...

Weaknesses are easily identified by looking at team sheets... the players that performed for you in The Championship can go in to hiding when they're up against the big boys...

I speak from ...[text shortened]... since last season, and lost their 2 main assets (King to injury, and Young to Villa)...
    i am proud of watfords season, the whole squad are young and hungry and bound to improve, and they have all gained a lot of experience, i dont necessarily expect us to bounce straight back up to the prem but the future is very bright 😉😀🙄
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 May '07 21:19
    Originally posted by gniyfidom7
    i am proud of watfords season, the whole squad are young and hungry and bound to improve, and they have all gained a lot of experience, i dont necessarily expect us to bounce straight back up to the prem but the future is very bright 😉😀🙄
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't knocking Watford... merely stating that they haven't progressed since last season.
    You came up via the play-offs on the back of some very good end of season form (and no-one was happier than me when you beat L**ds in the final!)... but maybe you came up too quickly?

Boothroyd has the makings of a good Manager, and I'm sure he'll put together a good enough side to challenge next term.
  7. swivel seat
    Moves
    09 May '07 21:22
    Originally posted by blade68
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't knocking Watford... merely stating that they haven't progressed since last season.
    You came up via the play-offs on the back of some very good end of season form (and no-one was happier than me when you beat L**ds in the final!)... but maybe you came up too quickly?

Boothroyd has the makings of a good Manager, and I'm sure he'll put together a good enough side to challenge next term.
    £40m says we didnt come up too quickly in any language

The whole world thinks watford dont deserve to be in the prem anyway, so we might just as well visit occasionally and get rich 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree