1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 19:49
    Got to 29th place in the league
    blew a couple this week
    Under estimated the Force and Blues.
    Geesh the Tahs turned it on..it really could be their year.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 13:41
    Dammit! I really didn't think the Cheetahs and Stormers could play any worse.

I was wrong 😞
  3. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 05:06
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Dammit! I really didn't think the Cheetahs and Stormers could play any worse.

I was wrong 😞
    It's getting harder too.. but keep it up : Well done again to Brain getting the top picks again. Did either of you guys pick the Waratahs margin??

I see we've lost a place again they now show us at 30th.. can't work it out.

I can't decide the Blues v sharks this week it's coin toss close I think.
    Likewise crusaders v Highlanders.. Crusaders are on the inprove.. I'll go with them.

Bulls v Stormers.. I've gone with the stormers each week so far, they let me down last week but I'll stick with them this week.

so my picks are

Force 1-10
    Tahs 1-10 tahs could put on 30 here but Reds will find some guts to stop that.

Canes 11-20 romp home
    Sharks
    Crusaders
    Stormers
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 13:50
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    It's getting harder too.. but keep it up : Well done again to Brain getting the top picks again. Did either of you guys pick the Waratahs margin??

I see we've lost a place again they now show us at 30th.. can't work it out.

I can't decide the Blues v sharks this week it's coin toss close I think.
    Likewise crusaders v Highlanders.. Crusaders are on ...[text shortened]... will find some guts to stop that.

Canes 11-20 romp home
    Sharks
    Crusaders
    Stormers
    Sharks by 10
    Bulls by 10

😞
  5. Joined
    08 Aug '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 21:57
    I'm playing this on a different site, how does the point system work on your one?

The one I'm on (www.virtualrugby.co.nz redirects you to it), you pick a winner/margin in a similar way, but its a margin of 1-12 or 13+, with 5 points for a correct team and 8 points for a correct team and margin.

Plus it offers a fantasy rugby competition, similar to the very popular soccer one. This is the first time they've offered fantasy rugby, and a few things about it are difficult to navigate, but it's still entertaining.
  6. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 22:04
    Originally posted by JonoKyle
    I'm playing this on a different site, how does the point system work on your one?

The one I'm on (www.virtualrugby.co.nz redirects you to it), you pick a winner/margin in a similar way, but its a margin of 1-12 or 13+, with 5 points for a correct team and 8 points for a correct team and margin.

Plus it offers a fantasy rugby competition, similar to th ...[text shortened]... asy rugby, and a few things about it are difficult to navigate, but it's still entertaining.
    The Herald one lets you pick winner + margin 1-10 11-19 20+ with a tie breaker of the highest margin pts.

It also lets you and mates form a friends league which also gets scored as a team. That's turning out fun.

This thread is for anything super14 though.

Who have you picked this week?
  7. Joined
    08 Aug '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 22:24
    Force to beat the Chiefs 1-12, the Chiefs always start the season badly and make up for it either midway or towards the end, but rarely enough to make the semis.
    Waratahs to beat the Reds 1-2. I want the reds to pick it up a bit, but the Tah's are in good form.
    Canes 13+ over the Cheetahs, Canes have the best lineup in the competition in my opinion, but they never seem to perform as well as they should.
    Sharks 1-12 over Blues, but this is the closest. Blues are a complete gamble in almost every game now, they're unpredictable. I'll possibly be at this game cheering the Blues on however 😀
    Crusaders 13+ over Highlanders, theres still enough talent there to punish the vastly underperforming.
    Bulls 1-12 over Stormers, SA sides are usually easier to predict. I don't think the Stormers have a chance to win this game, but it still won't be overly high scoring I'm thinking.
  8. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 08:40
    Force to beat the Chiefs 1-12, the Chiefs always start the season badly and make up for it either midway or towards the end, but rarely enough to make the semis.
    Waratahs to beat the Reds 1-2. I want the reds to pick it up a bit, but the Tah's are in good form.
    Canes 13+ over the Cheetahs, Canes have the best lineup in the competition in my opinion, but t ...[text shortened]... rs have a chance to win this game, but it still won't be overly high scoring I'm thinking.
    Gutsy margins.
    I felt the Chiefs will lift their game a bit this week and go down less than 10.

Bulls and Stormers is the one to watch.. I just have a feeling the Stormers will guts it out.

Crusaders aren't going well as a unit yet.. you're right they'll lift later but I think this one will be a close win for them... I'm no Andy Ellis Fan and the refs are picking on Ritchie McCaw chronically this year.
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 10:11
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    Gutsy margins.
    I felt the Chiefs will lift their game a bit this week and go down less than 10.

Bulls and Stormers is the one to watch.. I just have a feeling the Stormers will guts it out.

Crusaders aren't going well as a unit yet.. you're right they'll lift later but I think this one will be a close win for them... I'm no Andy Ellis Fan and the refs are picking on Ritchie McCaw chronically this year.
    The Stormers will give them a game if it's loose, but if the Bulls keep it tight they will steam roll over my boys 🙁
  10. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 00:27
    Originally posted by Crowley
    The Stormers will give them a game if it's loose, but if the Bulls keep it tight they will steam roll over my boys 🙁
    I've chicken out here and changed to the Bulls for the Herald comp. left it as Strms at work.
  11. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 20:12
    31-13 Chiefs over the Force in Hamilton..... totally blown away!
    I'm amazed and rapt for our home team they really lifted for this one. Richard Kahui has always been a favourite.. hope we see a lot more of him in the ABs. Did anyone pick them to beat the Force? I sure didn't but will rate them higher in my thinking in future.
    John Mitchell was a long time Waikato player.. the Chiefs would very much enjoy taking his Force apart. Go Moolooooooos.

Waratahs 15 v Reds 11... as predicted the workmen like Tahs ground a narrow win.. The reds and blues (as the tahs were always known in NSW) are stat of origin teams that always play the grudge and produce something special.
  12. Joined
    08 Aug '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 08:23
    Boy, was I ever wrong about the crusaders this week.

Looks like the Sharks are going to be the team to beat this round.
  13. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 09:04
    Boy, was I ever wrong about the crusaders this week.

Looks like the Sharks are going to be the team to beat this round.
    I can believe in this day and age we had a 6-0 game. 2 pens did it for Highlanders over the Crusaders.

Bad week for me.. got the Sharks, glad I changed at the last min to Bulls. Got the Canes and tahs.. but Chiefs are the coming out of the closet this week.. yay.
  14. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 00:15
    Playing the hherlald Online pick the score game:
    http://pickthescore.nzherald.co.nz/Standings/Default.aspx
    Round 6

Red Hot Rugby Super 14 standings
    over all our group is in 19th place : doing well!!!

1 Dr. Brain SA 210pts 32nd
    2 TirauDan NZ 208 41st
    3 Crowley SA 125

The top picker has 244 pts.

Big game tonight is Blues v Chiefs.
    Chiefs are at home in Hamilton should get the points here.
    Other fixtures:
    http://www.super14.com/fixtures/ 4 games tonight.
  15. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 09:48
    http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=97946&fm=psp,tsf

The Chiefs have hammered the Blues 63-34 in their Rebel Sport Super 14 match in Hamilton. Wow.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree