Tirau NZ
    Moves
    22 May '09 04:06
    Guesses for the semis:
    I'm going for the home teams
    Chiefs narrowly to beat the fancied Hurricanes
    Bulls to smash the Crusaders by 10-15
    Final in Pretoria

Hope Crusaders manage a win because that means The final is just up the road in Hamilton
  3. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    22 May '09 09:54
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    Guesses for the semis:
    I'm going for the home teams
    Chiefs narrowly to beat the fancied Hurricanes
    Bulls to smash the Crusaders by 10-15
    Final in Pretoria

Hope Crusaders manage a win because that means The final is just up the road in Hamilton
    Yay Mighty Chiefs through to the Final. phewph it was close awesome defence in the final few minutes.. Good ref... ignored Jonathan Kaplin who once again tried hard to spoil things... even the pea soup fog couldn't do anything but add effect and suspense...
  4. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    23 May '09 20:25
    Congrats to a well deserved Bulls who out powered and out thought the Crusaders to win 36-23 inc 3 droppies to Steyn

The Chiefs now travel to SA for the final showdown v Bulls and let me tell you the Chiefs players have never made a final, many of the players are absolutely loving the prospect of SA hospitality and a holiday in SA whatever the outcome... but..... they are primed to play very well against The Bulls.

The final will be very tough indeed. I serious hope it does not come down to drop goals - I've always thought they should be worth 1pt as they otherwise spoil good rugby.

More re Jonathan Kaplin -while rewatching the chiefs v canes it was Kaplin who came on the line to get a player sent off.. video showed very clearly that once again he got it entirely wrong!!!! Sir you are a blind idiot - retire or get sacked you are the world's worst official. This man gets it completely wrong in big games... Wellington are caning him in the media.. he's a show boat shocker IRB...please sack the man
  5. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    23 May '09 22:35
    Congrats to a well deserved Bulls who out powered and out thought the Crusaders to win 36-23 inc 3 droppies to Steyn

The Chiefs now travel to SA for the final showdown v Bulls and let me tell you the Chiefs players have never made a final, many of the players are absolutely loving the prospect of SA hospitality and a holiday in SA whatever the outcome.. ...[text shortened]... . Wellington are caning him in the media.. he's a show boat shocker IRB...please sack the man
    Kaplan - please.

Please also point me to a link, because I can't find any. Certainly, it appears that whenever a NZ team loses, they have to find someone else to blame. Remember Suzy?

Meanwhile, it seems that the sometimes bizarre Matt Goddard has been weaned off whatever he was on.

I never was and never will be a Bulls supporter, but it really was a good game to watch. And to be honest, the Bulls have been the most consistent team in the tournament this year. They've never been flashy, but have some seriously good backs to go with their forwards. It's going to be a tight final but purely for home ground advantage, I'll pick the Bulls.
  6. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    24 May '09 09:27
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    Kaplan - please.

Please also point me to a link, because I can't find any. Certainly, it appears that whenever a NZ team loses, they have to find someone else to blame. Remember Suzy?

Meanwhile, it seems that the sometimes bizarre Matt Goddard has been weaned off whatever he was on.

I never was and never will be a Bulls supporter, but it real ...[text shortened]... s. It's going to be a tight final but purely for home ground advantage, I'll pick the Bulls.
    The latest Kaplin incident was as a touch judge for the Chiefs v Canes game.. (nothing to do with country) he came off his line to report a rough play and got a hurricanes player sent off - ten mins)) the replay show he was wrong) It was early in the game and made no difference to the result but he does make these big game errors too often. The ref Dickison was excellent yet was not a favoured ref.

No complaints at all re ref when Crusaders lost to the Bulls... as I already said hey were done over by a better team unit well done Bulls.
  7. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    30 May '09 19:40
    Bulls 61 (Fourie Du Preez 2, Bryan Habana 2, Victor Matfield, Wynand Oliver, Pierre Spies, Danie Rossouw tries; Morne Steyn 2 pen, 5 con, dropped goal, Burton Francis con) Chiefs 17 (Lelia Masaga, Mils Muliaina tries; Stephen Donald pen, 2 con). Halftime: 34-7.
    Report: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10575610

We Wuz -Crushed... well done indeed Bulls

This was always going to be the impossible dream for the Chiefs with 60,000 totally mad Bulls fans chucking stuff at the team bus on the way to the stadium making hand gestures etc..
    All the officials from SA too

But on the night The Bulls did the job on the field and demolished a totally intimidated opposition.

I'm sorry for the Chiefs but for once actually had dosh on the right team and won a fair bit on half time and full time scores woo hoo

I've been a big critic of Super Rugby but I think this season has been appealing in many ways. The teams have been closer, games have been difficult to predict. My Local team the Chiefs did much better under Ian Foster this year.. they were never going to win this one but did great getting there.

The ABs are going to struggle this year and if this Bulls lot played the Lions tomorrow they'd be tamed.

Thanks and Ciao until next season.
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 12:52
    Those die-hard Bulls fans even scare me!
  9. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 20:17
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Those die-hard Bulls fans even scare me!
    The reports were mostly positive. Some idiots threw stuff at the Chiefs Team bus and were quite intimidating outside but inside the crowd was impecable.. they shut up for kicks and there was silence for Mils Mulialina and he gave credit to the Mighty Bulls in the after match speech.. We WuZ Done Over.. Jet lag and no legs left after all season on wet surfaces but The Bull knew it and hammered us good and proper!
  10. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 11:37
    The reports were mostly positive. Some idiots threw stuff at the Chiefs Team bus and were quite intimidating outside but inside the crowd was impecable.. they shut up for kicks and there was silence for Mils Mulialina and he gave credit to the Mighty Bulls in the after match speech.. We WuZ Done Over.. Jet lag and no legs left after all season on wet surfaces but The Bull knew it and hammered us good and proper!
    Hitler reacts to the Bulls victory: YouTube
  11. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    04 Jun '09 08:43
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Hitler reacts to the Bulls victory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_khc0-T3jrA
    LOL... so hows the heritage hahaaa
    He'd have been right if Leonard and sivi were there ..blame it on the SS.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree