1. USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 13:21
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    The Colts are a great team and my Titans almost beat them this week. They had a chance in the end to win but couldn't get in Bironas field goal range which is huge because remember he nailed that 62 or 63 yarder last year to win agains the Colts in Tennessee.
    That was pretty sweet game..
  2. Joined
    03 Mar '07
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 13:42
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Bulger threw for 368 yards. Looks like they did well enough. Holt had the ball pushed out and into the endzone for a TB = loss. (And wilkens missed 56 yarder - but a nice kick! about a yard short.) It IS hurting Steve Action Jackson unfortuately.
    Bulger was sacked 3 times in the opening drive.... he isnt going to sustain that kind of yardage for long with that happening.
  3. Joined
    24 Sep '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 21:07
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Biased.

#1 - yeah, 1 player will make them a superbowl team.
    #3 - something WILL happen so that he screws the Patriots. hamstrings?

Then phlabibit is just plain and simply biased. Matter of fact, Tom and Bill didn't put them last year. Nothing really should change.

Why the Rams MIGHT:

1 - Marc, Top 5 QB
    2 - Action Jackson, Top 5 RB
    3 - McMicha ...[text shortened]... WR
    If we can get 5, DST, to become Top 10, then there you have it. Superbowl Rams will return.
    but to get to the superbowl u need a defense and it doesnt look like they have a defense
  4. Standard memberhammster21
    Endgamer
    Wisconsin
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 00:38
    Originally posted by lorenzo2oj
    but to get to the superbowl u need a defense and it doesnt look like they have a defense
    This may be more of a technicality issue but I'm pretty sure to win the super bowl (correct me if I'm wrong) you need to win a game? or a few games? I'm not sure but its what I've always imagined a super bowl team would be like.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 01:19
    Originally posted by hammster21
    This may be more of a technicality issue but I'm pretty sure to win the super bowl (correct me if I'm wrong) you need to win a game? or a few games? I'm not sure but its what I've always imagined a super bowl team would be like.
    You know another team I'm rooting for this season are the Texans. Nice to see them doing well for a change, and Matt Shuab was a QB at UVA my first year there.
  6. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 03:56
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    That was pretty sweet game..
    Yeah it was but my Titans won against the Saints. AFC South is the best division in the league. All 4 teams have a winning record and they are 5-0 outside of division play this season. Not to mention the Titans have the number 1 rushing attack right now and I believe the number 1 rushing defense.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 04:40
    All of this talk about predicting the Super Bowl champion reminds me of the year that the Ravens won it all. I remember watching them destroy my team the Bungals 30 to nothing about mid season. The thumping was so bad the coach of the Bungals resigned shortly afterwards. Of coarse I was not impressed with the fact that they beat the lowly Bungals, rather, I was impressed by the way their defense played against the Bungals. I remember thinking that I had just witnessed watching one of the, if not the best, defenses in all of professional football history. I also remember telling a freind at work the same thing and that they were going all the way that year. Of coarse, I was laughed to scorn for saying such things. I then said I will put my money where my mouth is and began betting him $5-$10 a game. Game after game the Ravens won as they won right up to the Super Bowl. After they had won the Super Bowl he was totally aghast as he had payed me well over $80 by years end. I kind of felt bad for him the next year because I had taken all of that money from him and he did not make that good a salary where I worked. To make it up to him I then offered to bet him $10 the next time my Bungals took on his Steelers straight up without points. In fact, I believe the game was in Pittsburg. Really I made the bet thinking I had absolutly no chance of winning. However, the Bungals in that game were in rare form. They somehow stayed in the game and at the end of the game ran a few trick plays and ended up wining the game!! The next day at work the poor chap was inconsolable that all he could say as he handed me the money was that he would never, never, never EVER bet me another game so long as he lived. LOL.

OK, back to my prediction this year. To be honest, I really hav'nt been following teams that closely this year to make one. All I can say is that I know my team won't be there, as usual. Maybe when I see a team that destoys them rather impressivly I will make a prediction but as yet I have not witnessed such a team.
  8. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 05:19
    Yeah it was but my Titans won against the Saints. AFC South is the best division in the league. All 4 teams have a winning record and they are 5-0 outside of division play this season. Not to mention the Titans have the number 1 rushing attack right now and I believe the number 1 rushing defense.
    The Titans were very impressive against the Saints. If they were in the NFC they'd be all but guaranteed a playoff spot.
  9. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 02:45
    Originally posted by richjohnson
    The Titans were very impressive against the Saints. If they were in the NFC they'd be all but guaranteed a playoff spot.
    the way you said that made it sound like they wouldn't make the playoffs in the NFC. If they were in the NFC I think they would win the division and probably lead the entire NFC conference.
  10. USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 03:45
    AFC champ: Patriots/Colts

NFC champ: Cowboys
  11. Standard member8D
    Fixer
    Detroit
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 10:59
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    AFC champ: Patriots/Colts

NFC champ: Cowboys
    Yeah that is about it.

Dallas could be the team just because they will not be so battered in the Super Bowl.

I can not imagine anyone else.

I think NE seems to have some kind of Mojo going right now but we all know that can change. May be peaking early.
  12. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    27 Sep '07 04:551 edit
    the way you said that made it sound like they wouldn't make the playoffs in the NFC. If they were in the NFC I think they would win the division and probably lead the entire NFC conference.
    That's what I meant, sorry if I was unclear.

Edit: Except if the Titans were in the NFC West they'd have to settle for a wildcard since that division belongs to the Seahawks!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree