1. USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 16:24
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Isn't this thread discussing why we think a certain team could win the Superbowl? I don't think it is dedicated to the typical Patriots fans that live in the past which, for them, is long gone.

But nonetherless, the Rams won at least 1 game last year, thus disproving "the rams never win" ideology of Patriots fans. That really should end that deal. But if not, just open a debate thread battling the idea of "the rams never win."
    by win i meant playoff victories.
  2. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 05:57
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Name your team and three reasons why.
    Chargers

1. La
    2. Danian
    3. Tomlinson
  3. Standard memberhammster21
    Endgamer
    Wisconsin
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 07:54
    Originally posted by richjohnson
    Chargers

1. La
    2. Danian
    3. Tomlinson
    Chargers, pffft. The chargers have been the "sleeper" pick to win the super bowl for the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong, the still have the talent, but every year they just...suck it up.

It would be a fun match up though. Watching L.T. the best running back in the NFL, getting absolutely mauled by the Packers defense.
  4. Joined
    03 Mar '07
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 10:37
    Biased.

#1 - yeah, 1 player will make them a superbowl team.
    #3 - something WILL happen so that he screws the Patriots. hamstrings?

Then phlabibit is just plain and simply biased. Matter of fact, Tom and Bill didn't put them last year. Nothing really should change.

Why the Rams MIGHT:

1 - Marc, Top 5 QB
    2 - Action Jackson, Top 5 RB
    3 - McMicha ...[text shortened]... WR
    If we can get 5, DST, to become Top 10, then there you have it. Superbowl Rams will return.
    The Rams wont get past the Seahawks in their division this year like last.

3 Reasons why
    1. Hassleback is a better QB than Bulger
    2. Alexander is just as good as Jackson
    3. Our D is alot better than last year when we beat you
  5. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 12:11
    Originally posted by Leaadas
    The Rams wont get past the Seahawks in their division this year like last.

3 Reasons why
    1. Hassleback is a better QB than Bulger
    2. Alexander is just as good as Jackson
    3. Our D is alot better than last year when we beat you
    FALSE FALSE TRUE

1 - Bulger is most definitly better than Hasselbeck. He's beaten him every year for a while now.
    2 - Jackson has risen, Alexander has fallen. While Alexander will get back to normal this season, no way he will outdo SJ.
    3 - Your D is better than ours. That's all ya got?

Our offense will slice and dice anyone without a top 10 D. If our defense works up (we drafted Def) then we are a prospect.
  6. Joined
    03 Mar '07
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 12:221 edit
    [b]FALSE FALSE TRUE

1 - Bulger is most definitly better than Hasselbeck. He's beaten him every year for a while now.
    2 - Jackson has risen, Alexander has fallen. While Alexander will get back to normal this season, no way he will outdo SJ.
    3 - Your D is better than ours. That's all ya got?

Our offense will slice and dice anyone without a top 10 D. If our defense works up (we drafted Def) then we are a prospect.[/b]
    He's beaten him in what? We have won the last 2 games, and last I checked Hassleback has been to an SB and Bulger hasn't even breathed real hard on one.

*edit* Make that the last 4 meetings we have won between the 2 teams, and in 2005 teh only thing Bulger would have been qualified to do for Hassleback would be to hold the clipboard.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 13:15
    AFC East

1. New England
    2. Buffalo
    3. Miami
    4. NY Jets

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh
    2. Cincinnatti*
    3. Baltimore
    4. Cleveland

AFC South

1. Indianapolis
    2. Tennessee
    3. Jacksonville
    4. Houston

AFC West

1. San Diego
    2. Denver*
    3. Kansas City
    4. Oakland

AFC Champs - San Diego

------------------------------------------

NFC East

1. Philadelphia
    2. Dallas*
    3. Washington
    4. NY Giants

NFC North

1. Chicago
    2. Detroit
    3. Green Bay
    4. Minnesota

NFC South

1. Carolina
    2. New Orleans
    3. Tampa Bay
    4. Atlanta

NFC West

1. St. Louis
    2. San Francisco*
    3. Seattle
    4. Arizona

NFC Champs - Carolina

-----------------------------------

Superbowl Prediction
    San Diego 56, Carolina 0
  8. USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 13:56
    Originally posted by darvlay
    AFC East

1. New England
    2. Buffalo
    3. Miami
    4. NY Jets

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh
    2. Cincinnatti*
    3. Baltimore
    4. Cleveland

AFC South

1. Indianapolis
    2. Tennessee
    3. Jacksonville
    4. Houston

AFC West

1. San Diego
    2. Denver*
    3. Kansas City
    4. Oakland

AFC Champs - San Diego

------------------------------------------

NFC Ea ...[text shortened]... arolina

-----------------------------------

Superbowl Prediction
    San Diego 56, Carolina 0
    Remembre last time everyone thought the chargers were going to beat the Patriots? I won't say anything else, because I'm still ashamed of what happened in the AFC championship....
  9. Joined
    03 Mar '07
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 14:07
    Remembre last time everyone thought the chargers were going to beat the Patriots? I won't say anything else, because I'm still ashamed of what happened in the AFC championship....
    I keep thinking the same thing when people post about the NFC west. They never give the Hawks any credit yet they have it won teh West the last 3 years in a row.
  10. USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 14:25
    I keep thinking the same thing when people post about the NFC west. They never give the Hawks any credit yet they have it won teh West the last 3 years in a row.
    It's all about the playoffs, I do agree the Seahawks are underated.
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 14:28
    You must have bird brains 😛 They had no competition. Darvlay's predictions for the West are great. If the Rams do well on defense I assure you they will win the West and go to playoffs. If not, then their offense should spark a fire enough to go around 9-7 or 10-6.

Bulger is better at QB than Hasselbeck. Ask: Darvlay, hammster, even phlabibit. I bet the majority votes Bulger. He has had the better stats as well.
  12. USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 14:44
    You must have bird brains 😛 They had no competition. Darvlay's predictions for the West are great. If the Rams do well on defense I assure you they will win the West and go to playoffs. If not, then their offense should spark a fire enough to go around 9-7 or 10-6.

Bulger is better at QB than Hasselbeck. Ask: Darvlay, hammster, even phlabibit. I bet the majority votes Bulger. He has had the better stats as well.
    Ya, ask how Bulger compares to Brady, you should expect some different responses...
  13. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 14:59
    Ya, ask how Bulger compares to Brady, you should expect some different responses...
    Yeah, probably.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 15:07
    It's a tough pick between San Diego and New England, but I went with the "underdog". Plus, I have LT on my fantasy team this year so...
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 15:09
    Just so you know, they won't win the Division forever! Jones is beat up, the O-line isn't as good, Alexander is getting old (still good, but he's not getting 27 TDs again), Hasselbeck is inconsistent. I just don't see them dominating the division like they have the past years. San Fran is an up-and-comer (a risky pick for wild card but somebody's gotta have balls to make a pick here!) and St. Louis looks like the offense could carry them far...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree