09 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 16:04
    HAHA!
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 16:061 edit
    Why did this get moved from General to Spirits and back to General and then Culture? Where is it now?

EDIT: SCIENCE, OMG!
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 16:06
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Why did this get moved from General to Spirits and back to General and then Culture? Where is it now?
    Science.
  5. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 16:11
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Science.
    Wrong!
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 16:14
    Allez le Suisse!
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 16:19
    Originally posted by Bane of apologists
    Allez le Suisse!
    LA Suisse.
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 16:38
    a shocker. I guess it is fair to say at this point that there really aren't many great teams in this year's cup

1. germany
    2. brazil
    3. netherlands
    4. argentina (maybe)

5. everybody else
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 17:10
    Originally posted by Red Night
    a shocker. I guess it is fair to say at this point that there really aren't many great teams in this year's cup

1. germany
    2. brazil
    3. netherlands
    4. argentina (maybe)

5. everybody else
    i guess you missed the chile match then?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 21:44
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Sorry Spain.
    Did you see Tores' hair - what was he thinking?
  11. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 21:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Did you see Tores' hair - what was he thinking?
    OMG liek he looks toataly hott now! Your mad!
  12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 22:08
    Originally posted by Red Night

1. germany
    2. brazil
    3. netherlands
    4. argentina (maybe)

5. everybody else
    I think it fair to say we've not seen enough of each team to determine anything of the sort...their true colours should be evident toward the end of this group stage.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 22:47
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I think it fair to say we've not seen enough of each team to determine anything of the sort...their true colours should be evident toward the end of this group stage.
    We've seen quite enough to judge. Spain and all the other so called strong teams lack imagination, quality football and seem really unable to manufacture a goal. Goal average is a paltry 1.6/gm! No strikers of note. Most goals by defensemen.
  14. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 23:18
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    We've seen quite enough to judge. Spain and all the other so called strong teams lack imagination, quality football and seem really unable to manufacture a goal. Goal average is a paltry 1.6/gm! No strikers of note. Most goals by defensemen.
    Of the 32 teams present, 30 of them have played just the solitary game...to assume we've seen both the best and worst, at this early stage, is quite a remark. It has happened on far too many occasions that the eventual winners have had all but the most ordinary of first outings...perhaps you have the advantage over such idle statistics, a 'crystal ball' perhaps 😉
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 00:121 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Of the 32 teams present, 30 of them have played just the solitary game...to assume we've seen both the best and worst, at this early stage, is quite a remark. It has happened on far too many occasions that the eventual winners have had all but the most ordinary of first outings...perhaps you have the advantage over such idle statistics, a 'crystal ball' perhaps 😉
    Perhaps it does not take a crystal ball to predict a really lackluster cup. Did any team evidence a whole lotta life other than Germany, Argentina, Netherlands, Brazil? Do you really think England, famously lacking in creativity, Spain, a bunch of stiffs, Italy, dinosaurs galore can right their floundering ships? When lowly NZ showed more life than the bigs we are watching football ineptitude at it's worst. Many if these teams might yet advance, but they ain't going nowhere fast. Uruguay showed some signs of life and took care of business today. You think France will do the same to Mexico Uruguay did to RSA? Perhaps I am the eternal pessimist, but football unlike other sports, is a lot harder to make effective adjustments in and therefore, we have mostly seen the bigs exposed for the mediocrities they are!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree