1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    12 Feb '07 18:57
    We're all good at talking the talk on sport - how about mention of those we participate in regularly (i.e. Train and compete in). Curious to see what others get up to... 🙂 Post below.

    Swimming
    Cycling
    Long Distance Running

    (+ combinations of the above - Triathlon, Duathlon)
  2. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    1287
    12 Feb '07 19:12
    Originally posted by rhb
    We're all good at talking the talk on sport - how about mention of those we participate in regularly (i.e. Train and compete in). Curious to see what others get up to... 🙂 Post below.

    Swimming
    Cycling
    Long Distance Running

    (+ combinations of the above - Triathlon, Duathlon)
    6-a-side football mondays and wednesdays
    Weight Training
    Cricket in the summer months
  3. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    27460
    13 Feb '07 00:03
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    6-a-side football mondays and wednesdays
    Weight Training
    Cricket in the summer months
    Indoor soccer twice a week all year.

    Outdoor soccer (+ training twice a week) for 8 months of the year.

    Cricket (no training) for the other 6 months.

    Plus occasional games of tennis/squash.

    And plenty of sports watching + PS2. I can't hit a golf ball to save my life in reality, but in Tiger Woods 07 I'm a pro!
  4. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    13 Feb '07 09:55
    7-a-side football every Thursday.
    Too old and slow for competetive 11-a-side anymore, but played to a good standard until about 5 years ago.

    Snooker.
    Occasional squash and badminton.
    Had a couple of years on the golf course, but found it to be the most infuriating game, so have chucked the clubs in the bin now!
  5. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    35068
    13 Feb '07 10:551 edit
    4/5/6-a-side football (depending on how many people turn up - just social)

    Cricket (out of season training at the moment)
  6. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    4532
    13 Feb '07 11:13
    I used to play football in the local amateur leagues until I sufferred a torn cartiledge in my knee. The NHS took seven years to make a fairly obvious diagnosis, so although I have now had it operated on, it's a bit late to attempt to start playing again.

    I also played one pre-season friendly for a local league cricket team.
  7. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    13 Feb '07 12:14
    Originally posted by Crita
    Indoor soccer twice a week all year.

    Outdoor soccer (+ training twice a week) for 8 months of the year.

    Cricket (no training) for the other 6 months.

    Plus occasional games of tennis/squash.

    And plenty of sports watching + PS2. I can't hit a golf ball to save my life in reality, but in Tiger Woods 07 I'm a pro!
    Go away... you're too young and fit!

    Only jealous 'cos I can't do it anymore... 🙁
  8. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    4532
    13 Feb '07 12:17
    Originally posted by blade68
    Go away... you're too young and fit!

    Only jealous 'cos I can't do it anymore... 🙁
    I know how you feel.

    I can see from your profile that our usernames have a common significance. 😉
  9. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    13 Feb '07 20:17
    Originally posted by Ian68
    I know how you feel.

    I can see from your profile that our usernames have a common significance. 😉
    So it would appear!

    My problem when it comes to playing football, is that my head is still 18 but my legs are 20 years older!
  10. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    35068
    13 Feb '07 21:26
    Originally posted by blade68
    My problem when it comes to playing football, is that my head is still 18 but my legs are 20 years older!
    My solution to this was to be rubbish and unfit when I was 18!
  11. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    13 Feb '07 21:36
    Originally posted by mtthw
    My solution to this was to be rubbish and unfit when I was 18!
    😀
  12. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    27460
    13 Feb '07 22:48
    Originally posted by Ian68
    I used to play football in the local amateur leagues until I sufferred a torn cartiledge in my knee.
    That happened to me about 3 years ago. I went to an orthopedic surgeon and got some MRI scans. He said I needed an op and that I would be out for 6 weeks.

    Well, that was two weeks before the Grand Final so I asked him what would happen if I kept going without the op. He said, it will hurt, it might last a while but then it will collapse and I'll need a knee reconstruction. So I didn't get it done.

    3 years later and I'm still waiting for it collapse. Although is does hurt sometimes.

    Ahh, to be young and foolish!
  13. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    27460
    13 Feb '07 22:51
    Originally posted by blade68
    Go away... you're too young and fit!

    Only jealous 'cos I can't do it anymore... 🙁
    ha ha ha. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I play goal keeper, so I'm still relatively unfit.

    I'm working on the theory that I won't be able to do it when I'm older so I'm playing as much sport as I can fit in while I can still play.
  14. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    4532
    14 Feb '07 00:04
    Originally posted by Crita
    That happened to me about 3 years ago. I went to an orthopedic surgeon and got some MRI scans. He said I needed an op and that I would be out for 6 weeks.

    Well, that was two weeks before the Grand Final so I asked him what would happen if I kept going without the op. He said, it will hurt, it might last a while but then it will collapse and I'll need a knee ...[text shortened]... ll waiting for it collapse. Although is does hurt sometimes.

    Ahh, to be young and foolish!
    It's ok if you can keep going, but I always lacked some of the basic football skills and relied on reading the game, pace and commitment. After the injury I could still read the game, but I lacked the pace to be where I was needed, and didn't have total commitment to every tackle as I knew one bad one could be the end. It basically reached a point where I was a liability on the pitch.
  15. Joined
    06 Dec '06
    Moves
    2650
    14 Feb '07 00:07
    Originally posted by rhb
    We're all good at talking the talk on sport - how about mention of those we participate in regularly (i.e. Train and compete in). Curious to see what others get up to... 🙂 Post below.

    Swimming
    Cycling
    Long Distance Running

    (+ combinations of the above - Triathlon, Duathlon)
    darts pool
Back to Top