1. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 20:58
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Wenger should face FA charges of this...but as usual he wont! Makes me sick.. the guy is a joke
    If he can't overreact when one of his players has had a leg broken...he went over the top, but not as far as you just did!
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 21:06
    Wenger should face FA charges of this...but as usual he wont! Makes me sick.. the guy is a joke
    Wenger can slur anyone he wants because he's the manager of a big four club. If that was Alec McLeish saying that he'd get a pitchside ban for 3/4 matches
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 21:10
    Originally posted by mrstabby
    http://www.thepost.ie/breakingnews/sport/mhojaucwqloj/
    Breaking News!

D
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 00:17
    Funny that he accuses other teams of violence and thuggery while his team have the record for red cards.

D
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 00:26
    It showed it on Irish premiership highlights this evening...horrific to watch however it was a mistimed tackle not a malicious one.

As for Wengers comments, players such as Gallas and Eboue didnt cover themselves in glory at Old Trafford last week.......
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 01:07
    wish the young boy all the best and a quick return to action.

taylor was not at fault, it was one of those things... he does not reserve to get a long ban, just the usual for a red card, which was a bit harsh.
    MOTD showed some more footage tonight from a diffirent angle..i take back what said.. it did look nasty.

Still dont think taylor should get the flak thought, it was just a mis-timed tackel as opposed to an intentional foul.

I was at a dinner party tonight and watched it with the dinner guests, seven of whom were doctors. They said it will take about 2 years to see him back on the pitch again
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 01:08
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Funny that he accuses other teams of violence and thuggery while his team have the record for red cards.

D
    as has been pointed out alreay, he saw that incident, but did not think anything was bad about the 'tackles' that his players made on Nani last week!🙄
  8. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 01:11
    Part of me is interested to see a recording of the incident. But if it's anything like the David Busst injury a few years ago (a complete accident), I think I'd rather not. That was one of those that hurts to look at.
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 01:15
    Originally posted by Doyle78
    It showed it on Irish premiership highlights this evening...horrific to watch however it was a mistimed tackle not a malicious one.

As for Wengers comments, players such as Gallas and Eboue didnt cover themselves in glory at Old Trafford last week.......
    Wenger claimed: "The tackle was horrendous and this guy (Taylor) should never play football again. It goes along with this idea that to stop Arsenal you have to kick Arsenal.

"That kind of thing was waiting to happen because many people got away with too many bad tackles. We escaped a few times but it's just not acceptable. If that is football, we are better to stop it.

"I am hugely disappointed and you cannot accept that on a football pitch."

SO WHAT WERE THE ARSENAL PLAYERS DOING LAST SUNDAY..this kind of double standards makes me sick?
  10. Joined
    13 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 02:56
    Let's look at Arsenal's discipline record last season
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/05/14/ufnsta14.xml
    Least fouls by a long way...
    Looking at those stats you can hardly call them a dirty team compared to when Vieira and Petit were in the side... you ever notice the papers haven't mentioned discipline since they left the team?

When a player gets taken off the pitch covered by an oxygen mask, after lying there for 8 minutes, you can hardly expect their manager to not react emotionally to it.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080223/ten-uk-soccer-england-wenger-fapl-eaebf69_1.html
    Oh, and look, he's retracted his statement. He's prepared to admit he said something in the heat of the moment. When's the last time a manager's been man enough to admit he was wrong?
  11. Joined
    13 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 03:22
    Ffs, you can see his bone sticking out of his leg!
    YouTube
    I hope he recovers from this, it was a tragic accident and a harsh way to end a career. Really can't see him ever being the same again after that.
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 08:46
    Originally posted by mrstabby
    Ffs, you can see his bone sticking out of his leg!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfQfj2CSPvc
    I hope he recovers from this, it was a tragic accident and a harsh way to end a career. Really can't see him ever being the same again after that.
    I think i will give that video a miss!
  13. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 09:09
    I'm pleased that Wenger's retracted his initial comments:

Credit given where it's due... it takes some character to admit you were wrong.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 12:57
    Originally posted by blade68
    I disagree.

The only reason he got a red is because the referee has equated the damage done to a malicious tackle.

It wasn't malicious at all.
    It wasn't malicious, but it was a studs up awful late tackle. There's really no dispute about being a red.
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 14:39
    Agree but think it should only be normal ban. About Wenger retracting his statement, I think that's his PR team talking!!!!!!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree