1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 19:58
    Who's going to be on the 4 lines coming out of these 48 that were invited to the camp.

The goalies consist of Martin Brodeur (Montreal, Que./New Jersey, NHL); Marc-André Fleury (Sorel, Que./Pittsburgh, NHL); Roberto Luongo (Montreal, Que./Vancouver, NHL); Steve Mason (Oakville, Ont./Columbus, NHL) and Cam Ward (Sherwood Park, Alta./Carolina, NHL). Brodeur was Canada's starter both in 2002, when it won the gold medal in Salt Lake City; and again four years later in Turin, when it lost in the quarter-finals to Russia.

Among defencemen, there were a handful of returnees from previous Olympics or World Cup teams, including Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger, Robyn Regehr, Jay Bouwmeester and Dan Boyle. The others chosen: Francois Beauchemin, Brent Burns, Doughty, Mike Green, Dan Hamhuis, Duncan Keith, Dion Phaneuf, Stephane Robidas, Brent Seabrook, Marc Staal and Shea Weber. Left off the roster: Brian Campbell and Sheldon Souray, who scored 52 and 53 points respectively for Chicago and Edmonton last season; as well as veteran Rob Blake, a two-time former Olympian.

Up front, the 25 forwards were: Jeff Carter, Dan Cleary, Sidney Crosby, Shane Doan, Simon Gagne, Ryan Getzlaf, Dany Heatley, Jarome Iginla, Vincent Lecavalier, Milan Lucic, Patrick Marleau, Andy McDonald, Morrow, Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Mike Richards, Roy, Sakic, Patrick Sharp, Ryan Smyth, Martin St. Louis, the Staal brothers Eric and Jordan, Joe Thornton and Jonathan Toews.
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 20:04
    My picks:

Goalies:

Brodeur/Luongo/Fleury

Defense:

Niedermayer/Pronger
    Phaneuf/Bowmeester
    Green/Boyle
    Weber/Doughty

Forwards:

Crosby/Getzlaf/Iginla
    Lecalvier/Thornton/Toews
    Carter/Richards/Gagne
    Heatly/Nash/Staal
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 12:572 edits
    "Heatly/Nash/Staal"

Which Staal? Eric, I presume? Jordan is a great defensive forward and may actually make a better 4th line forward then older bro.

Not that any of those lines looks like a 4th line. 🙂
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 12:591 edit
    I'm glad Campbell and Souray were both left off the list. Campbell was a defensive liability for most of last year with the Hawks and Souray doesn't seem as complete a player as a lot of the Dmen on that list. Still he's probably a better choice than Robidas or Hamius 😕

One guy who should not have been left off of the forwards list, however, is Marc Savard.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 16:002 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    "Heatly/Nash/Staal"

Which Staal? Eric, I presume? Jordan is a great defensive forward and may actually make a better 4th line forward then older bro.

Not that any of those lines looks like a 4th line. 🙂
    ya, eric.

Those aren't my line combo's...guess I could have done that but I was just listing names. Carter/Richards would be a better checker than Heatley for example.

Agreed on Marc Savard. They need a setup man with sweet passing hands. I'm not sure anyone other than maybe crosby has that kind of passing ability. Rumour has it though that he's not much of a team guy and he wouldn't buy into the team canada concept. Bad chemistry etc.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 16:13
    Originally posted by uzless
    Agreed on Marc Savard. They need a setup man with sweet passing hands. I'm not sure anyone other than maybe crosby has that kind of passing ability. Rumour has it though that he's not much of a team guy and he wouldn't buy into the team canada concept. Bad chemistry etc.
    But Grapes love him sooooo much! Grapes never loves the cancer guys.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 19:02
    Originally posted by darvlay
    But Grapes love him sooooo much! Grapes never loves the cancer guys.
    Cherry likes underv-valued underdogs...especially if they play for Boston!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree