1. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 13:35
    Why not acquire him cheap to run a read option type offense? The argument against the read option in the NFL is that qb's are too expensive and will get hurt. You don't have either of those problems with Tebow. Buffalo in particular could have a very effective read option offense.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 13:47
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Why not acquire him cheap to run a read option type offense? The argument against the read option in the NFL is that qb's are too expensive and will get hurt. You don't have either of those problems with Tebow. Buffalo in particular could have a very effective read option offense.
    Perfect fit.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 15:36
    The tiny problem that Tebow has as a QB is that he can't throw the ball.
  4. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 16:02
    As a Bills fan I would much rather have a QB with an arm that can develop into a pocket passer. Tebow is demonstrably not that guy. You shouldn't a draft a QB in the first round to run the read option long term, in my opinion, but you implement whatever offense will help him develop. Marrone did not even call many read-option plays on Sunday anyway despite many people thinking they would do mostly read-option. (OF course the play calling was not very good either...)

As far as read-options go, as much as the 49ers say Kaepernick can run for 1,000 yards, that's all smoke and mirrors. He'll be throwing as much as he can and they will eventually have a pocket passer who can also escape any pressure. Dangerous stuff.
  5. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 16:02
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Perfect fit.
    Perfect fit?! The Bills just drafted a QB in the first round, durrrrr!
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 17:18
    Because he can't throw.
  7. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 21:59
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Because he can't throw.
    So don't throw it, isn't that what a read option is? I really don't care one way or the other if he never plays football again, but I don't understand all the hate either. His numbers weren't great or even good at Denver, but they won football games after he became the starter. Look at John Elway's first year stats and compare them with Tebow's time in Denver. Maybe Minnesota would be a good fit. Christian Ponder can't throw either.
  8. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 22:11
    So don't throw it, isn't that what a read option is? I really don't care one way or the other if he never plays football again, but I don't understand all the hate either. His numbers weren't great or even good at Denver, but they won football games after he became the starter. Look at John Elway's first year stats and compare them with Tebow's time in Denver. Maybe Minnesota would be a good fit. Christian Ponder can't throw either.
    A read-option would not work well if the QB never throws.
  9. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 22:33
    You do know one of the options of the read option is to throw it, right?

By your logic why bother looking for and paying so much for a quarterback? Just let any running back play the position.

A quarterback who can't throw isn't a threat. Just stack the box and be done with it.
  10. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    11 Sep '13 00:31
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    A read-option would not work well if the QB never throws.
    I watched Nebraska roll everyone up in the 90's and they threw about 7 times a game.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    11 Sep '13 08:22
    I watched Nebraska roll everyone up in the 90's and they threw about 7 times a game.
    That's college.
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    11 Sep '13 12:24
    And here we are full circle.

If college was the same as professional football we wouldn't be having this conversation because Tim Tebow would be the best QB in the league.
  13. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 00:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree