1. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 09:06
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Anyone doubt at all that the Titans can't win it now? 3-0 and the Jags and Colts are both 1-2 while the Texans are 0-2.
    Wishcasting will always come back to haunt anyone.. you're saying because of 3 games into the season that they're a lock to win the division?

You must not know much about the NFL
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 15:26
    Originally posted by uzless
    I'm no football fan but I do know that most teams that are good against the run are good because they have outstanding cornerbacks.

Good cornerbacks allow you to go one on one with the receiver which frees up your safety and linebackers to clog the running lanes. 8 and 9 man fronts are tough to run on.

So, if Tennessee focuses on the PASSING game, they will by default, be sacrificing some of the run defense coverages. Or am I wrong?
    Well by focusing on the passing game in game 3, the Titans gave up over 100 yards rushing.

Seems the run defence can be exposed when the safeties and linebackers have to drop back in coverage.
  3. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 18:23
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Wishcasting will always come back to haunt anyone.. you're saying because of 3 games into the season that they're a lock to win the division?

Did I say they were a lock. NO I said does anyone doubt that they CAN'T win the division meaning does anyone still think that they do not have the capability of winning it. That's what I said you must have misread it.
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 18:25
    Well by focusing on the passing game in game 3, the Titans gave up over 100 yards rushing.

Seems the run defence can be exposed when the safeties and linebackers have to drop back in coverage.
    And I'd rather see an offense beat us on the ground than beat us through the air. If we can stop the pass, our defense can hold the offense well enough on the ground, maybe not as good as if they focused solely on the run but they can still do it.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 19:12
    Originally posted by SmookieP

I think its fair to say they finish about 11-5 this season given AFC weakness.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 17:49

Slaton had one big run of 50 yards. Take out that run and the Titans run D did their job superbly. I'm still not sold on the Titans making the playoffs though. Jax got a bit of their swagger back on Sunday and I don't see the Colts laying down for the rest of the season. That AFC South is still a tough division.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 19:28
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Slaton had one big run of 50 yards. Take out that run and the Titans run D did their job superbly. I'm still not sold on the Titans making the playoffs though. Jax got a bit of their swagger back on Sunday and I don't see the Colts laying down for the rest of the season. That AFC South is still a tough division.
    I'm taking out my life savings to buy some Kerry Collins stock
  8. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 19:46
    I think its fair to say they finish about 11-5 this season given AFC weakness.
    Your 'opinion' does have merit.. there's been pretty sloppy play by supposedly good AFC teams so far.

My point was just that after 3 games it's too early to tell. If I'm not mistaken, the Giants last year were only 1-2 at this point. They looked pretty terrible.
  9. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 23:33
    Titans 4-0.
  10. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 03:282 edits
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Titans 4-0.
    4-0 Hell yeah! Bills-Titans AFC Championship, where the Titans will get some of that Music City Miracle back.
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 04:15
    This just in....

Tennessee will win the SuperBowl

(you heard it here first)
  12. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 05:19
    This just in....

This next game against the Ravens should really tell us how good the Titans are. If they can run the ball effecitvely to where Kerry Collins just has to MANAGE the game, like he's been doing, then the Titans should win so long as their defense keeps up the GREAT WORK. Which I don't think the defense will slip very often and when they do, they get right back up and in your face.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 13:02
    This just in....

They got as good a chance as the Bills.
  14. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 13:23
    Originally posted by darvlay
    They got as good a chance as the Bills.
    Sorry, but Giants to retain.......
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 13:55
    Originally posted by dicky
    Sorry, but Giants to retain.......
    Who do you like in the AFC?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree