1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    31 May '17 09:064 edits
    I'm not much of a baseball fan, but have gone to a few major league games in different cities in the last 15 years. It's amazing to me that 98% of baseball fans, and team owners don't seem to care if they win or not. Most team owners such as those in Detroit, Seattle, San Francisco and many others purchase just enough talent to call themselves major league teams, knowing legions of loyal fans will dutifully file in, pay their hard earned cash for the privileged of sitting on their ever widening rumps with their little baseball caps on, talking about batting averages and ERA's as their teams finish season after season with no chance of a world series championship. The fans and owners in New York and Boston are exceptions of course, but I don't understand the rest of major league baseball. I can think of far better uses for 75 dollars than sitting in a chair for 2-3 hours, consuming vastly over priced food and drink, watching a bunch of guy's in baseball caps, standing around spitting, getting paid 6 figures a year, and finishing another season with no chance of a championship. 😴
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 19:35
    Originally posted by mchill
    I'm not much of a baseball fan, but have gone to a few major league games in different cities in the last 15 years. It's amazing to me that 98% of baseball fans, and team owners don't seem to care if they win or not. Most team owners such as those in Detroit, Seattle, San Francisco and many others purchase just enough talent to call themselves major league te ...[text shortened]... etting paid 6 figures a year, and finishing another season with no chance of a championship. 😴
    Never mind that, so who will go to the World Series this year, Boston or the Yankees?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 21:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Never mind that, so who will go to the World Series this year, Boston or the Yankees?
    Chicago 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 21:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Chicago 🙂
    In 2117?
    Every 100 years, right? 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree