1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 01:31
    Originally posted by quackquack
    You make it sound liek the games were not played and we just picked a winner. We have a season, we have conference champions and we have bowl games. Games are played. Good teams formed major conferences and they play each other each week. I am not a Big 12 or SEC conference fan but certainly they were the best conference this year. The winners of t ...[text shortened]... ir conferences played in a bowl game. I am OK with calling the winner of that game the champion.
    Yes, I did indeed make it sound like we played some bowl games and just picked a winner. The bowl selections were plucked from the orifice of your choice, and arbitrarily OK and Florida were picked to be in the championship game; also a selection derived from someone's orifice, because Utah went undefeated and Texas beat Chokelahoma. Utah and Texas had every right to be in that game.

The BCS sucks. Imagine if we played chess tournaments the way we do the bowl system. You would be livid, and rightfully so.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 01:54
    Why do you forget about USC and Penn State? There's a very good chance USC could have won the NC if hey had a shot.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 02:201 edit
    I don't know about Penn St., but I'll give you USC. I got the feeling that the Trojans would have had their way with the Sooners or Gators. Penn St.? Not so much.

The thing about USC was their loss to the Beavers - it was a bad loss and they were totally dominated. The Beavers were beaten by Utah, however.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 03:24
    Yes, now that USC dominated Penn State, it would be taken out of consideration. But if we are going to replace the present system, the new system can't take into consideration what happened in the Bowls.

Based on the season, I think Penn State deserved a shot. Of course if they suck, then they'll be knocked out before the NC game.
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 03:51
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    If you bothered watching this game, I don't see Utah beating EITHER of these teams. They are both playing like titans. You have two Heisman winning QB's and two very tough defenses going against each other. Both of these teams have beaten better teams than Utah did. Look it up. I am so tired of listening to this undefeated underdog cries. Utah is closer ...[text shortened]... to a champion that BYU was, but they aren't as good as Florida or Oklahoma or Texas period!!
    Really? Alabama was ranked no. 1 for five weeks. Neither of the teams that played last night were ranked #1 for five weeks. Utah dominated Alabama. I don't believe in saying "This team beat that team, and that team beat a third team, so that means the first team can beat the third team too." But you can't say at all that Utah can't play with either Florida or Oklahoma when they railed Alabama and beat four bowl teams. THe BCS cheats schools like Utah - and Boise State, with that coaching job last year, also could have given an awful lot of teams a game.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 04:53
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Really? Alabama was ranked no. 1 for five weeks. Neither of the teams that played last night were ranked #1 for five weeks. Utah dominated Alabama. I don't believe in saying "This team beat that team, and that team beat a third team, so that means the first team can beat the third team too." But you can't say at all that Utah can't play with either ...[text shortened]... tate, with that coaching job last year, also could have given an awful lot of teams a game.
    Hell man, Texas beat OU and yet OU was placed in front of Texas. Texas was 2 seconds from an undefeated season. If Texas was undefeated, would you still think Utah was #1. Texas is a better team than Alabama. I believe the would have beaten Florida. USC was the one team that I thought would be extremely tough for Texas to handle. I am sorry, but Utah is not the best team in the country. I would say 5th best is charitable.
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 05:51
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Hell man, Texas beat OU and yet OU was placed in front of Texas. Texas was 2 seconds from an undefeated season. If Texas was undefeated, would you still think Utah was #1. Texas is a better team than Alabama. I believe the would have beaten Florida. USC was the one team that I thought would be extremely tough for Texas to handle. I am sorry, but Utah is not the best team in the country. I would say 5th best is charitable.
    You make my argument better than I did. It's time for a playoff.
  8. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 06:56
    Nobody likes Florida here? It's a shame, because in a lot of ways that's what keeps Florida fans going..

Regardless of what anyone says, the Gators went to the test, and they won. I was ready to congratulate OU if they won, and I would have lost no decency, no ground as a sportsman.

I believe the championship game was a good game. Both sides had mistakes, both sides had turnovers, and both sides had dignity.

What more could you ask for? Utah? i'm sorry they keep playing Southwest Biloxi state, or Chicago's school of the Blind. That's not the Gator's fault.

Even Coach Cheryl Swoopes, coach of Oklahoma gave props. 😉
  9. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 07:33
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Nobody likes Florida here? It's a shame, because in a lot of ways that's what keeps Florida fans going..

Regardless of what anyone says, the Gators went to the test, and they won. I was ready to congratulate OU if they won, and I would have lost no decency, no ground as a sportsman.

I believe the championship game was a good game. Both sides had mis ...[text shortened]... t's not the Gator's fault.

I had to stop disliking Florida when my dad moved there and started rooting for them. Tebow's an exciting college player, by all accounts a great guy. I don't mind Florida. I just think there should be a playoff.
  10. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 07:55
    I had to stop disliking Florida when my dad moved there and started rooting for them. Tebow's an exciting college player, by all accounts a great guy. I don't mind Florida. I just think there should be a playoff.
    There should've been a playoff from 1962..

How many years is that? Blah, blah blah, If you don't like college football, don't watch it.
  11. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 07:58
    There should've been a playoff from 1962..

How many years is that? Blah, blah blah, If you don't like college football, don't watch it.
    Okay then, jagoff, screw Florida and screw you. I tried to be gracious. Is this better? Idiot.
  12. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 08:26
    Okay then, jagoff, screw Florida and screw you. I tried to be gracious. Is this better? Idiot.
    Saying, you "don't Mind Florida" is being gracious? who the hell are you? I said a long while back that there should be a playoff. I just dont' like redundancy.
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 08:32

I believe the championship game was a good game. Both sides had mis ...[text shortened]... t's not the Gator's fault.

Florida and the rest of the SEC doesn't exactly play the big boys in their OOC schedules and they don't like playing away from home. They play their fair share of marshmallows, too, they just get away with it is all. 😛
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 09:33
    Saying, you "don't Mind Florida" is being gracious? who the hell are you? I said a long while back that there should be a playoff. I just dont' like redundancy.
    Apparently you don't like proper grammar or punctuation either, Richard.
  15. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 09:47
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Florida and the rest of the SEC doesn't exactly play the big boys in their OOC schedules and they don't like playing away from home. They play their fair share of marshmallows, too, they just get away with it is all. 😛
    And Utah does? What's your point here?

EDIT: I better make sure I dot all my 'I's and put my apostrophes where they belong here for Sasquatch.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree