1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 03:081 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I didn't say that Boise State should be national champion, there, swizzle stick. I said they earned a right to play in a national championship tournament. Alabama got blown out by Utah. Does that mean that Alabama shouldn't have been there? It's got nothing to do with Cinderella stories. It's got everything to do with deciding a champion on the field.
    Answer my question then. Which of the top eight teams would you have dropped to place Bosie State in the mix? Your choices were Florida, Alabama, Texas, OU, USC, Penn State, Utah and Ohio State. Those were the four BCS bowls. Which one was worse than Boise State?

As I said, they would not have been a factor in the NCS, unless you believe they were better than Ohio State, as I said in my original post.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 13:53
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Answer my question then. Which of the top eight teams would you have dropped to place Bosie State in the mix? Your choices were Florida, Alabama, Texas, OU, USC, Penn State, Utah and Ohio State. Those were the four BCS bowls. Which one was worse than Boise State?

As I said, they would not have been a factor in the NCS, unless you believe they were better than Ohio State, as I said in my original post.
    Boise State was rated higher in the BCS standings before the bowl games than Ohio State. A 1 point loss to TCU is hardly something to be ashamed of; TCU wound up in the top 10 and lost only to Oklahoma and Utah.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 17:12
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Boise State was rated higher in the BCS standings before the bowl games than Ohio State. A 1 point loss to TCU is hardly something to be ashamed of; TCU wound up in the top 10 and lost only to Oklahoma and Utah.
    Do you think Boise State was in the same league with the eight that were taken by the BCS bowls? Be honest now.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 21:511 edit
    Do you think Boise State was in the same league with the eight that were taken by the BCS bowls? Be honest now.
    This game suggests the answer is "yes". http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/gameTrax?gameId=200809200060

I think Boise State would probably beat Ohio State on a neutral field.
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 03:27
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Sitting here watching this boring-ass BCS title game and wondering how, other than greed, a team that went undefeated is not playing, while two teams that are not undefeated get to play for the national championship. It's not as if Utah didn't play anybody; they dropped Alabama like a bad habit. Alabama was ranked first in the country for five weeks t ...[text shortened]... dy been decided. Here's hoping that the AP finds the stones to do the right thing tomorrow.
    exactly why i dont pay attention to college football: it has potential, but the only thing a sport is supposed to accomplish it fails every time- "whos the best?" it all comes down to a mere opinion, which is what you started with months before in the preseason.. meaning you got exactly nowhere 😕
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 04:29
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    This game suggests the answer is "yes". http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/gameTrax?gameId=200809200060

I think Boise State would probably beat Ohio State on a neutral field.
    It is apparent to me that TCU should be considered before Boise State should.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 13:55
    It is apparent to me that TCU should be considered before Boise State should.
    They weren't undefeated, Boise State was. 20/20 hindsight doesn't count.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 15:41
    On any given day, any of the top teams can defeat another top team. Things can happen in a game, such as key players being knocked out of the game or just luck.

All you can do is go by rankings. I think that a vast majority of people would have been happy watching the eight teams that I've posted a couple of times slugging it out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree