1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    07 Feb '11 16:031 edit
    I've been watching Super Bowls for 30+ years, and I'd say the 2011 Super Bowl was the best ever! Both teams made mistakes of course, but it was a very hard fought battle between two evenly matched teams. Judging by the injuries these teams suffered, I'd say both sets of players gave it every ounce of effort they had. This Super Bowl sets a high standard that will be very difficult to match!🙂
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    07 Feb '11 17:48
    So who won?
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66523
    07 Feb '11 19:55
    Originally posted by bill718
    I've been watching Super Bowls for 30+ years, and I'd say the 2011 Super Bowl was the best ever! Both teams made mistakes of course, but it was a very hard fought battle between two evenly matched teams. Judging by the injuries these teams suffered, I'd say both sets of players gave it every ounce of effort they had. This Super Bowl sets a high standard that will be very difficult to match!🙂
    Sorry, I think the best Super Bowl ever was Super Bowl VII when the Miami capped the only perfect season in history with a hard fought 14-7 win over Washington.

    There were several others I would place ahead of yesterday's game, but the game was pretty good.

    Super Bowl III when Joe Namath predicted the Jets victory over the heavily favored Colts is another that stands out for me.

    Super Bowls X and XIII where Pittsburgh beat Dallas both times in close games were also better in my opinion.

    Super Bowl XXV was also very good when the Giants beat the Bills by a single point.

    Super Bowl XXXVI where New England beat St Louis by a field goal was also better I think.

    And, who will ever forget Super Bowl XXXVIII from Houston when New England won a thriller against Carolina??

    Those are a few that come to mind for me that were better games.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    07 Feb '11 20:22
    Originally posted by bill718
    I've been watching Super Bowls for 30+ years, and I'd say the 2011 Super Bowl was the best ever! Both teams made mistakes of course, but it was a very hard fought battle between two evenly matched teams. Judging by the injuries these teams suffered, I'd say both sets of players gave it every ounce of effort they had. This Super Bowl sets a high standard that will be very difficult to match!🙂
    Are you serious? It was a sloppily played game filled with dropped passes, critical penalties and decided by turnovers. Since it was close I'd rate it an average SB at best.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223260
    07 Feb '11 21:333 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Super Bowl XXV was also very good when the Giants beat the Bills by a single point.
    🙁




    The best ever is the Titans and Rams. The Titans lost at the 1 yard line.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66523
    08 Feb '11 03:00
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    🙁




    The best ever is the Titans and Rams. The Titans lost at the 1 yard line.
    That one was good as well....it was among the next two I was going to name.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    08 Feb '11 12:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Are you serious? It was a sloppily played game filled with dropped passes, critical penalties and decided by turnovers. Since it was close I'd rate it an average SB at best.
    But very exciting! I still cannot think of a pro game as exciting as Texas-USC in 05 Rose Bowl NCG!
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    08 Feb '11 15:52
    SB 25, "wide right forever" was the best SB. This one was decided on ugly turnovers and was fairly sloppy.

    Other great SBs included Pats-Rams, Titans-Rams, Giants-Pats and 49ers-Bengals

    All were much better than this one.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    08 Feb '11 17:08
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So who won?
    The Bengals.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    08 Feb '11 17:10
    Originally posted by sh76
    SB 25, "wide right forever" was the best SB. This one was decided on ugly turnovers and was fairly sloppy.

    Other great SBs included Pats-Rams, Titans-Rams, Giants-Pats and 49ers-Bengals

    All were much better than this one.
    I would have to agree. In addition, you had the singer at the beginning of the game forget the words to the national anthem, you had the Black Eyed Peas give a lack luster performance at half time with the additional insult of petitioning Obama mid song to actually get off his arse and do something 😲, and then you had some of the worst Super Bowl commercials in recent memory. All in all I'd say fewer will watch next year.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    08 Feb '11 23:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    I would have to agree. In addition, you had the singer at the beginning of the game forget the words to the national anthem, you had the Black Eyed Peas give a lack luster performance at half time with the additional insult of petitioning Obama mid song to actually get off his arse and do something 😲, and then you had some of the worst Super Bowl commercials in recent memory. All in all I'd say fewer will watch next year.
    Indeed. I knew when Aguilera(Pitt native) fumbled the anthem perhaps that jinxed the Steelers. Sloppy game indeed. Exciting, however!
  12. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    8818
    09 Feb '11 22:461 edit
    I thought that the Giants vs New England is as good as it gets. P.S. The best for me were the three times my team won.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    10 Feb '11 03:07
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I thought that the Giants vs New England is as good as it gets. P.S. The best for me were the three times my team won.
    There's no NFL team in Arkansas!
  14. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    8818
    10 Feb '11 07:15
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    There's no NFL team in Arkansas!
    I will guess that maybe that was a jab from you. Otherwise "my team" is in Oakland, California. Everything is bigger in Texas especially OU.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    10 Feb '11 12:44
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I will guess that maybe that was a jab from you. Otherwise "my team" is in Oakland, California. Everything is bigger in Texas especially OU.
    I thought you were from Arkansas. Mild jab at best. Raider? Former great team with same issues as Cowboys! You're right about OU. Last Oklahoma recruit they had was troy Aikman who then fled to UCLA, otherwise all their players are pillaged from Texas!
Back to Top