1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 00:24
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-real-threat-for-cardinals-is-how-high-investigation-could-reach-191525747.html

The Cardinals seem to do nothing but win.

Now we may be beginning to understand why.

Are they the New England Patriots of MLB?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 14:001 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-real-threat-for-cardinals-is-how-high-investigation-could-reach-191525747.html

Well, the next Bill Murray movie may not draw big in St. Louis.

The actor, funnyman, baseball enthusiast and noted Chicago Cubs fan took aim at the rival St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday, as he played in the John Deere Classic pro-am golf tournament in Silvis, Ill.

This wasn't any jab, though, Murray said Cardinals fans are aligned with Satan. From Don Doxsie at the Quad City Times:

[Murray] also found time for almost everyone who approached him Wednesday, especially if you were a little kid or a pretty girl. If you were a St. Louis Cardinals fan?

Well, maybe not. Murray, wearing a floppy hat and a blue and gold paisley shirt that was perpetually untucked, began bantering with the masses before he took his first swing. He asked if any fans saw his beloved Cubs sweep St. Louis in a double-header Tuesday. One woman behind the ropes said she was a Cardinals fan.

“Satan’s messengers on Earth," was the way Murray described the Cardinals.

“And then it turns out your team is cheaters, too,’’ he added.

Ohhhh, and he's hitting them with the hacking scandal too! Ice cold, Bill.

The question here will be whether the Best Fans in Baseball can shake off the musings of a Cubs-loving funnyman. It's probably best, St. Louis people, to just endorse Dan Aykroyd as your new favorite "Ghostbuster" and move on. Bill Murray is too unpredictable a foe
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 14:011 edit
    “Satan’s messengers on Earth,"

Yep, that about sums up the Cardinals

Just a little known fact, Hilter was a Cardinals fan. 😉
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 19:08

Go Cubs Go! 🙂
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '15 23:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Go Cubs Go! 🙂
    Indeed. It would be a breath of fresh air to actually see the Cubs in a World Series. But then, that would mean the end of the world, wouldn't it? 😛
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Sep '15 10:18
    Indeed. It would be a breath of fresh air to actually see the Cubs in a World Series. But then, that would mean the end of the world, wouldn't it? 😛
    I'd love to see it happen in my life time, the Cubs in the world series not the end of the world.
    To all my Cardinal friends, it could be the same thing. Where I grew up you were one or the
    other. 🙂
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 12:47
    Speaking of cheating in professional sports, now the Patriots are in another controversy called "headsetgate".

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/steelers--headsets-during-season-opener-get-patriots-radio-broadcast-012303022.html

Apparently the Steelers said that their headsets stopped working among the coaching staff at inopportune times of the game.

Hillarious!

It's like the old saying, "If you ain't cheat'in, you don't want to win!" 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree