1. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    25 May '07 10:56
    ..Open or Rolland Garros begins this weekend. Who are your favorites and why.

I'm pulling for James Blake and Roger Federer though I realize Rafa is the favorite to win.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 May '07 14:10
    Originally posted by monster truck
    ..Open or Rolland Garros begins this weekend. Who are your favorites and why.

I'm pulling for James Blake and Roger Federer though I realize Rafa is the favorite to win.
    I think this will be the year Federer finally overcomes Nadal in the final. At least I hope it is. Gotta love Roger Federer.
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 May '07 14:40
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I think this will be the year Federer finally overcomes Nadal in the final. At least I hope it is. Gotta love Roger Federer.
    Yep.....Fed all the way !!!!
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 May '07 15:02
    What?!?! That's like rooting for the Yankees.
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 May '07 15:17
    Originally posted by rwingett
    AAAARRRGGGHHHH......YOUR RIGHT.......... IM ASHAMED OF MYSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 May '07 15:241 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Not at all. It's more like rooting for Tiger Woods than anything. Roger Federer does not at all remind me of an evil racist empire whose subjects are a bunch of mouth-breathing troglodytes. What makes Roger even more of a man than Tiger is that Federer is a man of complete class. Humble and non-assuming. There's not one thing that is unlikable about him, in my opinion.
  7. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    26 May '07 03:00
    Federer is definitely a joy to watch. His creative shot making has left Johnny McEnroe speechless on numerous occasions and that's no small feat!😲
  8. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    28 May '07 01:14
    Not at all. It's more like rooting for Tiger Woods than anything. Roger Federer does not at all remind me of an evil racist empire whose subjects are a bunch of mouth-breathing troglodytes. What makes Roger even more of a man than Tiger is that Federer is a man of complete class. Humble and non-assuming. There's not one thing that is unlikable about him, in my opinion.
    Federer's humility is mixed with a fair dose of self-confidence. Not arrogant or cocky, just quite sure of himself. It makes for some interesting sound bites!
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 May '07 01:16
    Originally posted by monster truck
    Federer's humility is mixed with a fair dose of self-confidence. Not arrogant or cocky, just quite sure of himself. It makes for some interesting sound bites!
    I couldn't agree more.
  10. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    31 May '07 12:06
    Roddick and Blake are gone! I'd hoped both would do a bit better, perhaps the 3rd round or so. Karlovic, the player who knocked off Blake, has a MONSTER serve, even on clay!
  11. Joined
    03 Jul '03
    Moves
    31 May '07 23:07
    I'd like to see McEnroe or Connors win it.
  12. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 08:54
    Originally posted by runninfiend
    I'd like to see McEnroe or Connors win it.
    Jimbo hasn't seemed to help Andy much.
    Jay Mac is my favorite commentator. Accurate insight blurted without any pretentions... unlike Ms. Carillo.
  13. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 17:20
    With all the Americans gone, I am rooting for the Fed. On the ladies side I would love to see a Serena vrs Henin showdown (though I think that would happen in the quarterfinals).
  14. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 23:52
    I'm pulling for Moya and Federer now, but fully expect Nadal to win.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree