Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    25 May '07 10:56
    ..Open or Rolland Garros begins this weekend. Who are your favorites and why.

    I'm pulling for James Blake and Roger Federer though I realize Rafa is the favorite to win.
  2. 25 May '07 14:10
    Originally posted by monster truck
    ..Open or Rolland Garros begins this weekend. Who are your favorites and why.

    I'm pulling for James Blake and Roger Federer though I realize Rafa is the favorite to win.
    I think this will be the year Federer finally overcomes Nadal in the final. At least I hope it is. Gotta love Roger Federer.
  3. 25 May '07 14:40
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I think this will be the year Federer finally overcomes Nadal in the final. At least I hope it is. Gotta love Roger Federer.
    Yep.....Fed all the way !!!!
  4. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    25 May '07 15:02
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I think this will be the year Federer finally overcomes Nadal in the final. At least I hope it is. Gotta love Roger Federer.
    What?!?! That's like rooting for the Yankees.
  5. 25 May '07 15:17
    Originally posted by rwingett
    What?!?! That's like rooting for the Yankees.
    AAAARRRGGGHHHH......YOUR RIGHT.......... IM ASHAMED OF MYSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. 25 May '07 15:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    What?!?! That's like rooting for the Yankees.
    Not at all. It's more like rooting for Tiger Woods than anything. Roger Federer does not at all remind me of an evil racist empire whose subjects are a bunch of mouth-breathing troglodytes. What makes Roger even more of a man than Tiger is that Federer is a man of complete class. Humble and non-assuming. There's not one thing that is unlikable about him, in my opinion.
  7. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    26 May '07 03:00
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I think this will be the year Federer finally overcomes Nadal in the final. At least I hope it is. Gotta love Roger Federer.
    Federer is definitely a joy to watch. His creative shot making has left Johnny McEnroe speechless on numerous occasions and that's no small feat!
  8. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    28 May '07 01:14
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Not at all. It's more like rooting for Tiger Woods than anything. Roger Federer does not at all remind me of an evil racist empire whose subjects are a bunch of mouth-breathing troglodytes. What makes Roger even more of a man than Tiger is that Federer is a man of complete class. Humble and non-assuming. There's not one thing that is unlikable about him, in my opinion.
    Federer's humility is mixed with a fair dose of self-confidence. Not arrogant or cocky, just quite sure of himself. It makes for some interesting sound bites!
  9. 28 May '07 01:16
    Originally posted by monster truck
    Federer's humility is mixed with a fair dose of self-confidence. Not arrogant or cocky, just quite sure of himself. It makes for some interesting sound bites!
    I couldn't agree more.
  10. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    31 May '07 12:06
    Roddick and Blake are gone! I'd hoped both would do a bit better, perhaps the 3rd round or so. Karlovic, the player who knocked off Blake, has a MONSTER serve, even on clay!
  11. 31 May '07 23:07
    I'd like to see McEnroe or Connors win it.
  12. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    01 Jun '07 08:54
    Originally posted by runninfiend
    I'd like to see McEnroe or Connors win it.
    Jimbo hasn't seemed to help Andy much.
    Jay Mac is my favorite commentator. Accurate insight blurted without any pretentions... unlike Ms. Carillo.
  13. 01 Jun '07 17:20
    With all the Americans gone, I am rooting for the Fed. On the ladies side I would love to see a Serena vrs Henin showdown (though I think that would happen in the quarterfinals).
  14. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    04 Jun '07 23:52
    I'm pulling for Moya and Federer now, but fully expect Nadal to win.