1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 20:36
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Lame excuse dude. Are you saying the Olympics are sports that don't matter. One measly silver medal. Shame!!
    Do I need to type with an accent, mate?

We have millions of people who go to bed hungry every night in their shacks, so you can see why paying girls to prance around with hoola hoops etc. isn't high on our priority list.

Most of our sports budget goes to the sports were are proven to be world leaders in and which has a big supporter base: Cricket, Rugby and Football.
    The rest of these 'sports' don't get money and this reflects in the medals table at the olympics... Money talks.

438!
  2. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 03:07
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Do I need to type with an accent, mate?

We have millions of people who go to bed hungry every night in their shacks, so you can see why paying girls to prance around with hoola hoops etc. isn't high on our priority list.

Most of our sports budget goes to the sports were are proven to be world leaders in and which has a big supporter base: Cricket, Rugb ...[text shortened]... on't get money and this reflects in the medals table at the olympics... Money talks.

438!
    The 1999 men's Cricket World Cup semi final win over South Africa ring any bells either? You have smacked us a few times but we have belted South Africa a couple of times too.
    I also think it was 2-1 victories in victories this year in the Tri nations though you flogged us hard in the last game.
    Also if the government of the day didnt spend an awful lot cash on nuclear weapons and a missile program a lot of those poor buggers would have been fed.
    (All nukes and atomic missile programs stopped at the end of apartheid and is the only country to voluntarily do so in the world.)

Nice hand grenade into the room and exit stage left Seitse!
    Just watching them dance for pimp daddy huh?
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 06:48
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    The 1999 men's Cricket World Cup semi final win over South Africa ring any bells either? You have smacked us a few times but we have belted South Africa a couple of times too.
    I also think it was 2-1 victories in victories this year in the Tri nations though you flogged us hard in the last game.
    Also if the government of the day didnt spend an awful ...[text shortened]... renade into the room and exit stage left Seitse!
    Just watching them dance for pimp daddy huh?
    No, was there a WC in that year? I seem to just remember a black nothingness when I think back to that year... 😉

Anyway, I wasn't saying we always beat you guys, as we obviously don't. We always know it's going to be a good tussle and we win enough of them to keep me happy at least.

Apartheid definitely also put our sport back at least 50 years.
    We have had awesome black athletes just fall through the cracks as government tries to keep everyone fed with roofs over their heads and basic services. Once money gets spent on grassroots development from school level up you will see the sporting talent hidden under the SA population.
    Just give us about 50 years...
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 10:58
    Originally posted by Crowley
    No, was there a WC in that year? I seem to just remember a black nothingness when I think back to that year... 😉

Anyway, I wasn't saying we always beat you guys, as we obviously don't. We always know it's going to be a good tussle and we win enough of them to keep me happy at least.

Apartheid definitely also put our sport back at least 50 years.
    We ...[text shortened]... will see the sporting talent hidden under the SA population.
    Just give us about 50 years...
    OK Crowley. I'll give you 50 years but if SA are not a sporting power by then you owe me a beer. Don't forget or I'll hound you for eternity!!
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 07:04
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    OK Crowley. I'll give you 50 years but if SA are not a sporting power by then you owe me a beer. Don't forget or I'll hound you for eternity!!
    Let's make it a wheelchair and oxygen tank and I'm in.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 07:12
    i remember that game....everyone who gave a rats ass about the game said it was the best they'd ever seen...but no one took a moment to think how the south africans felt.....that most of hurt. was donald ever remembered for anything else? that run out was brutal. excellent game though 😛
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:33
    Originally posted by trev33
    was donald ever remembered for anything else? that run out was brutal.
    Well, seeing as he was one of the finest fast bowlers ever, I think he's legacy is pretty safe...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree