1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 01:071 edit
    Are the Irish rugby team the best team in the Northern hemishere, and do you think they could win the world cup ?
  2. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 01:35
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Are the Irish rugby team the best team in the Northern hemishere, and do you think they could win the world cup ?
    Corageous display to shame the Australians on the weekend. They are playing some great rugby, but you have to beat the Kiwi's. New Zealand is the benchmark.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 08:48
    I was just going to open a thread about this...How did they get to be so good all of a sudden? (I don't follow sport much so pardon my ignorance).
  4. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 09:10
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I was just going to open a thread about this...How did they get to be so good all of a sudden? (I don't follow sport much so pardon my ignorance).
    Not to take anything away from the Irish team, which I am very fond of, but there are a lot of underperforming teams around at the moment.
  5. Behind you
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 10:42
    I think they might just be the best side (for the moment) in the Northern Hemisphere. I however dont think they got what it takes to take down the Kiwi's. Dont think any team has what it takes. ๐Ÿ™‚
  6. Ireland
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 11:20
    New Zealand seem to be miles ahead of the rest but on this form Ireland are the best in the N. H.. As for the World Cup it is to far away to to predict if Ireland can win it. We have to see can they sustain this kind of form. 6 nations is the next step and perhaps the grand slam.
  7. Swansea
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 12:14
    I think the 6nations will be between Ireland and Wales for sure, England are poor, France keep getting beaten, and the rest still need to catch up!

P.S....Wales vs New Zealand on Saturday!!! Can't wait!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 12:421 edit
    ireland win the ruby world cup lolololololololol in a group with france and argentina the second and in my opinion the 7th best teams in the world and with the runner up likely to play new zealand in the quarter finals (who don't normally flap until the semis) no i really can't see them winning the world cup. we never beat france and i can't see it being any difference when they host the world cup, a france new zealand final is what i what to see.

ireland is the most consistent team in the n. hemisphere at the moment but playing against france at their best we wouldn't win. as for the six nations 2 years ago everyone was talking about an ireland grand slam and we got beat by France at home and wales something similar will happen this year. but i do think with a bit of luck we can win the 6 nations, there's a few crap teams there next year (england for one ๐Ÿ™‚) but not the grand slam.
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 12:50
    Originally posted by trevor33
    ireland win the ruby world cup lolololololololol in a group with france and argentina the second and in my opinion the 7th best teams in the world and with the runner up likely to play new zealand in the quarter finals (who don't normally flap until the semis) no i really can't see them winning the world cup. we never beat france and i can't see it being an ...[text shortened]... here's a few crap teams there next year (england for one ๐Ÿ™‚) but not the grand slam.
    I watched england v south africa at the weekend and england were very poor,

Ireland were superb in the first half v Australia

Agree with Trevor's comments re World Cup.

English mother, Irish father born in UK allows me to comment.

One further thing is that the structure of European cup rugby seems to really helped the Irish side to develop ie Regional sides have grown stronger, whereas England have gone down rthe club route where more games need to be payed to feed thevarious mouths
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 14:081 edit
    Originally posted by cantspell
    One further thing is that the structure of European cup rugby seems to really helped the Irish side to develop ie Regional sides have grown stronger, whereas England have gone down rthe club route where more games need to be payed to feed thevarious mouths
    this is very true, here the IRFU owns the players not the clubs they play for, so they get rested a lot in celtic league games, munster have hardly had a game this year where they've had every irish international available to play. it also helps the younger players mature, playing in games that their counterparts in other major domestic leagues wouldn't get to play.
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 18:28
    NO. Wales are and will prove it in the 6 Nations next year.

Ireland are well organised but (O'Driscoll apart) lacking in real game winning talent. The Aussie and Saffa teams they beat are the worst to grace these shores in a long time.
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 22:30
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    I think the 6nations will be between Ireland and Wales for sure, England are poor, France keep getting beaten, and the rest still need to catch up!

P.S....Wales vs New Zealand on Saturday!!! Can't wait!
    Scotland needs to catch up to wales ???

We'll see mate.
  13. Swansea
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 23:32
    Scotland needs to catch up to wales ???

We'll see mate.
    Yeh, last year we had most of the team out with injury, now they're back ready for a good fight! ๐Ÿ˜€
  14. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 23:41
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Yeh, last year we had most of the team out with injury, now they're back ready for a good fight! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Would you like to put a small wager together for the next meeting then ?
  15. Swansea
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 23:47
    Would you like to put a small wager together for the next meeting then ?
    What would you like to offer and what predictions/outcomes?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree