1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 19:30
    The area code in Norman has just been changed from the current 405 number to more accurately reflect the success of the Oklahoma football team in BCS bowls.

The new area code, effective today, has been changed from 405 to 045.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 19:42
    I thought you were going to post the fact Bradford, Gresham, McCoy and one offensive lineman have all decided to play at OU for another year.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 20:30
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I thought you were going to post the fact Bradford, Gresham, McCoy and one offensive lineman have all decided to play at OU for another year.
    Bradford is nuts to go back since both Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow are both coming back already. I think it is quite unlikely that he will win the Heisman again, and his stock would never be higher than it is now, especially with the #1 pick more than likely being spent on a QB in Detroit. He would be better off being the top choice rather than one of the choices. He'll get good money, just not as much money.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 20:34
    He's got two more years if he wants them.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 20:42
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Bradford is nuts to go back since both Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow are both coming back already. I think it is quite unlikely that he will win the Heisman again, and his stock would never be higher than it is now, especially with the #1 pick more than likely being spent on a QB in Detroit. He would be better off being the top choice rather than one of the choices. He'll get good money, just not as much money.
    Maybe he'd rather not go to the worst team in NFL history (assuming he'd be first choice which isn't a lock).
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 00:06
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Maybe he'd rather not go to the worst team in NFL history (assuming he'd be first choice which isn't a lock).
    If he is the real deal, he is probably going to a bad team. The worst team got a lot beeter when they got rid of Matt Millen. I believ the mindset of the new coach is to find a franchise QB with the first pick, if he is available. Are you aware of another QB who would grade better than the Heisman winner? Chase Daniel? I think he probably would have gone #1. I think the Florida Flash may re-consider if they are serious about him.
  7. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 04:28
    If he is the real deal, he is probably going to a bad team. The worst team got a lot beeter when they got rid of Matt Millen. I believ the mindset of the new coach is to find a franchise QB with the first pick, if he is available. Are you aware of another QB who would grade better than the Heisman winner? Chase Daniel? I think he probably would have gone #1. I think the Florida Flash may re-consider if they are serious about him.
    These kids are looking for the big money. Thier agents would have them settle for nothing less. It's all about the benjimans
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 07:05
    A bad team is one thing; the worst team in NFL history is another. Millen's decisions didn't go away just because he did; the team is a mess right now.

Matt Stafford of Georgia was rated higher than Bradford most of the year. It's possible an NFL team might be a bit leery of drafting a Sophomore QB esp. if they want the rookie to start right away.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 18:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    A bad team is one thing; the worst team in NFL history is another. Millen's decisions didn't go away just because he did; the team is a mess right now.

Matt Stafford of Georgia was rated higher than Bradford most of the year. It's possible an NFL team might be a bit leery of drafting a Sophomore QB esp. if they want the rookie to start right away.
    The fact that he is a THIRD year sophomore means he is no different than a junior had he not red shirted. I am not saying he was the second coming, be cause he is not. But, I don't believe his stock will ever be higher than it is now. Tebow coming back shocked me even more. Mark Sanchez coming out surprised me, and Pete Carroll.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree