1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 22:12
    stoke were robbed :'(

nice win for burnley though.

now let this thread die a slow painful death because as we know no one gives a rats ass about this cup except for spurs.
  2. LA
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 09:28
    Originally posted by trev33

now let this thread die a slow painful death because as we know no one gives a rats ass about this cup except for spurs.
    Actually I really want United to win the cup now, so lets keep the thread going.

Whats better than a treble (the treble)..............
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 00:19
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Actually I really want United to win the cup now, so lets keep the thread going.

Whats better than a treble (the treble)..............
    could be a united/spurs final...if we keep out of each others way in the semi!!
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 00:20

3 semi-finals in 3 years mate!
  5. LA
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 03:49
    Originally posted by spurs73
    could be a united/spurs final...if we keep out of each others way in the semi!!
    Hope so, it'll definately be an entertaining game.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 10:34
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Hope so, it'll definately be an entertaining game.
    United were superb last night. Tevez and Anderson really stood out. United's 4th was sublime. Rafael and Possebon were excellent as well.

Nani was very poor. He's gone backwards this season. Hopefully Tosic is a good player. I've only seen clips of him, and they are mostly free kicks.

It was the biggest hammering you'll ever see. Having said that, the scoreline is accurate given the mare of a game that Neville had. He doesn't want to compete anymore. It's a pity, but he's no longer United quality.

D
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 16:39
    3 semi-finals in 3 years mate!
    just proving my point...mate 😉
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 20:26
    just proving my point...mate 😉
    Trev33 mate, now this may sound old fashioned but football is all about winning medals and trophics.

Ever since the advent of the PL and more so since the league format of the CL, people are more concerned about their finishing position in the league then playing in finals.

CALL ME AN OLD FASHIONED FOOTBALL FAN...if you like..but I LIKE SEEING MY TEAM WINNING TROPHICS..and playing in finals. Its what football is all about.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 20:51
    Trev33 mate, now this may sound old fashioned but football is all about winning medals and trophics.

Ever since the advent of the PL and more so since the league format of the CL, people are more concerned about their finishing position in the league then playing in finals.

CALL ME AN OLD FASHIONED FOOTBALL FAN...if you like..but I LIKE SEEING MY TEAM WINNING TROPHICS..and playing in finals. Its what football is all about.
    if the league cup wasn't a gateway into europe would you care about it?

how would you feel if there was no uefa cup place and lennon broke his leg in this years final and spurs ended up finishing one position outside europe? i'd be pretty pissed.

look at every other league in europe, theres one cup and done of the teams really care about it, now i love the fa cup for me its the second best club cup in europe behind the cl but england doesn't need 2 major cups....coming 5th in the league and being denied a uefa cup spot is ridiculous.
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 23:241 edit
    if the league cup wasn't a gateway into europe would you care about it?

how would you feel if there was no uefa cup place and lennon broke his leg in this years final and spurs ended up finishing one position outside europe? i'd be pretty pissed.

look at every other league in europe, theres one cup and done of the teams really care about it, now i love need 2 major cups....coming 5th in the league and being denied a uefa cup spot is ridiculous.
    i dont agree. Football has change and so has the views of fans. The reason you dont like the league cup is because TV has said it is not a good cup to win.

The trophy has a history in english football and it is still a trophgy to win.
    You say the FA cup is second only to the the CL?
    Why?

The CL has very little meaning.
    WHY you may ask?

Becase the best team in European club football does not always win the CL. 4 teams from england, spain and Italy qualify of the CL and as happened a few years back, Liverpool, a team which has never won the PL won the CL.

Thats is just stupid.

At the end of the day i would rather my TEAM won a trophy then finish 5th or even 4th in the league. What does finishing in 2nd to 4th in the PL really prove?
    That you get a lot on money from TV and UEFA for bing in the champions League..thats all. You have not won anything.

In 20 years time, do you think ppl are going to be looking at their clubs history and saying.... look we were 4th for 10 years, but we never won any trophies...!
  11. where angels play
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 23:36
    i dont agree. Football has change and so has the views of fans. The reason you dont like the league cup is because TV has said it is not a good cup to win.

Why?

WHY you may ask?

Becase ...[text shortened]... ir clubs history and saying.... look we were 4th for 10 years, but we never won any trophies...!
    Lol wot a crock of s**t.
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 23:41
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Lol wot a crock of s**t.
    is this because you lost 4-2 at the LANE!

Didnt see you complaing when your boys made the finals a few years back...(well not till Jose put his finger to his lips and told you guys to SHUT UP)😵😵😵😵
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '08 02:06

Why?

WHY you may ask?

Becase ...[text shortened]... ir clubs history and saying.... look we were 4th for 10 years, but we never won any trophies...!
    i never said i don't like it i just don't rate it, it has produced some really good games in the past but as a trophy its well down the list ....do you think ronaldo will knocking on fergie's door wanting to play if utd make the final?

i don't want them to get rid of it but i do want them to stop giving the winners a uefa cup spot. (although i have to admit i can see spurs doing better than any of the other english clubs this year)

i've said what i think about the CL in Thread 103985 page 4. regardless of that it still produces the best football in a club computation in europe.

ok, lets compare spurs with arsenal in the last few years. spurs has won 1 league cup, been a mid table team and arsenal have won nothing.

but arsenal have been in the top 4 in each season, they've also got to a CL final and produced some fantastic football along the way. in 20 years time will people remember the spurs league cup win? no. will they remember the nights they had watching arsenal in the CL and the big games when they where in contention for the league title? yes.
  14. LA
    Moves
    05 Dec '08 02:24
    We should definately keep the league cup, its a great cup to win but its also become a testing bed for the top teams to try out young talent.

For this reason you shouldn't get qualification to Europe by winning the league cup because not all teams are going all out to win it.

You can though see how happy the Chelsea and United players were when they won the it recently, so the top teams and players do value it.

Its always great to win a cup and some of the most entertaining games over the years have been in the league cup.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Dec '08 07:45
    WHY you may ask?

Becase the best team in European club football does not always win the CL. 4 teams from england, spain and Italy qualify of the CL and as happened a few years back, Liverpool, a team which has never won the PL won the CL.
    Well done Durs, you've outdone yourself with this beaut.

The Champions League has very little meaning because it is currently poorly titled in that non domestic champions can win it? Rigggght.

And the best team in European Club Football ISN'T the team which beats the rest of the top teams in Europe in a competition to determine who the best European club is? Rigggghhht.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree