1. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 07:52
    well im not really sure i like AFL most wont know what it is cos its basically only in Australia. [NBA] Basketball is great aswell (go celtics). i think the most popular would be soccer/football. one of my teachers said that fishing was most popular .ha ha 😡
  2. Standard membermr carlsberg
    probally the best
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 13:56
    greyhound racing, very popular;'πŸ˜‰
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 14:52
    Originally posted by jacko11
    well im not really sure i like AFL most wont know what it is cos its basically only in Australia. [NBA] Basketball is great aswell (go celtics). i think the most popular would be soccer/football. one of my teachers said that fishing was most popular .ha ha 😡
    Jacko- your teacher is partly correct in that Fishing is regarded as the sport with the highst Participation number, but I would go with Football(soccor) as high in both participaion numbers and also high in audiance numbers in the whole world
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 16:10
    Dragon boat racing.
  5. Santiago
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 16:29
    Football - worldwide as a spectator and possibly participator sport.

Fishing is quite popular, but wouldn´t rank up there with cycling or running (jogging), I guess.

If your definition of sport includes pastimes, I would suggest chess, pool, poker, table tennis as higly participative games.
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 16:56
    Originally posted by jacko11
    AFL can mean more then one thing. I guess you mean Australian rules Football. AFL=American Football League. AFL=Arena Football League. I would guess that soccer is the most popular sport world wide.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 16:591 edit
    Originally posted by gambit3
    AFL=American Football League
    The AFL's been dead since the NFL merger in 1970.
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 17:15
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Deader to you then to me. My team started in the AFL. The American Football League is a part of my team's history.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 17:19
    It has only been dead as the AFL, however it has actually lived on as the AFC. The old NFL technically died as well and became the NFC. THe AFC and NFC were merged into the NFL. If you want to be technically correct.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 18:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    It has only been dead as the AFL, however it has actually lived on as the AFC. The old NFL technically died as well and became the NFC. THe AFC and NFC were merged into the NFL. If you want to be technically correct.
    Really, you don't think my statement was correct enough that it needed the further clarification that you provided? You really think that?

πŸ˜‰

Also, my team started in the AFL as well.
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 21:171 edit
    Really, you don't think my statement was correct enough that it needed the further clarification that you provided? You really think that?

πŸ˜‰

Also, my team started in the AFL as well.
    there are a lot of PPL who dont follow American football...'SHORTS' post is all good back ground information for them.
  12. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 02:07
    i would say soccer is the most popular out side of us
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 08:13
    Originally posted by O Artem O
    i would say soccer is the most popular out side of us
    It's football.

Soccer only exists in the imagination of US citizens.

Football.

American football is actually American rugby. ARS to be precise. That's American Rugby for Sissies (because of the padding).

ARS... sometimes I crack even myself up...
  14. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 19:52
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    It's football.

Soccer only exists in the imagination of US citizens.

Football.

American football is actually American rugby. ARS to be precise. That's American Rugby for Sissies (because of the padding).

ARS... sometimes I crack even myself up...
    The National Football League football is no more Rugby then Major League Baseball is Cricket.
  15. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 20:00
    War.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree