Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. 09 Oct '08 07:52
    well im not really sure i like AFL most wont know what it is cos its basically only in Australia. [NBA] Basketball is great aswell (go celtics). i think the most popular would be soccer/football. one of my teachers said that fishing was most popular .ha ha
  2. Standard member mr carlsberg
    probally the best
    09 Oct '08 13:56
    greyhound racing, very popular;'
  3. 09 Oct '08 14:52
    Originally posted by jacko11
    well im not really sure i like AFL most wont know what it is cos its basically only in Australia. [NBA] Basketball is great aswell (go celtics). i think the most popular would be soccer/football. one of my teachers said that fishing was most popular .ha ha
    Jacko- your teacher is partly correct in that Fishing is regarded as the sport with the highst Participation number, but I would go with Football(soccor) as high in both participaion numbers and also high in audiance numbers in the whole world
  4. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    09 Oct '08 16:10
    Dragon boat racing.
  5. 09 Oct '08 16:29
    Football - worldwide as a spectator and possibly participator sport.

Fishing is quite popular, but wouldn´t rank up there with cycling or running (jogging), I guess.

If your definition of sport includes pastimes, I would suggest chess, pool, poker, table tennis as higly participative games.
  6. 09 Oct '08 16:56
    Originally posted by jacko11
    AFL can mean more then one thing. I guess you mean Australian rules Football. AFL=American Football League. AFL=Arena Football League. I would guess that soccer is the most popular sport world wide.
  7. 09 Oct '08 16:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by gambit3
    AFL=American Football League
    The AFL's been dead since the NFL merger in 1970.
  8. 09 Oct '08 17:15
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Deader to you then to me. My team started in the AFL. The American Football League is a part of my team's history.
  9. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    09 Oct '08 17:19
    It has only been dead as the AFL, however it has actually lived on as the AFC. The old NFL technically died as well and became the NFC. THe AFC and NFC were merged into the NFL. If you want to be technically correct.
  10. 09 Oct '08 18:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    It has only been dead as the AFL, however it has actually lived on as the AFC. The old NFL technically died as well and became the NFC. THe AFC and NFC were merged into the NFL. If you want to be technically correct.
    Really, you don't think my statement was correct enough that it needed the further clarification that you provided? You really think that?

Also, my team started in the AFL as well.
  11. 09 Oct '08 21:17 / 1 edit
    Really, you don't think my statement was correct enough that it needed the further clarification that you provided? You really think that?

Also, my team started in the AFL as well.
    there are a lot of PPL who dont follow American football...'SHORTS' post is all good back ground information for them.
  12. Standard member O Artem O
    ParTizan
    10 Oct '08 02:07
    i would say soccer is the most popular out side of us
  13. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    10 Oct '08 08:13
    Originally posted by O Artem O
    i would say soccer is the most popular out side of us
    It's football.

Soccer only exists in the imagination of US citizens.

Football.

American football is actually American rugby. ARS to be precise. That's American Rugby for Sissies (because of the padding).

ARS... sometimes I crack even myself up...
  14. 10 Oct '08 19:52
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    It's football.

Soccer only exists in the imagination of US citizens.

Football.

American football is actually American rugby. ARS to be precise. That's American Rugby for Sissies (because of the padding).

ARS... sometimes I crack even myself up...
    The National Football League football is no more Rugby then Major League Baseball is Cricket.
  15. 10 Oct '08 20:00
    War.