1. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 07:361 edit
    Alright everyone, thanks for your support. I've sent the roster in to Russ; hopefully it won't take him long to create the tournament. I've asked him to include the team names alongside the players' names, but if he doesn't do it, you'll just have to let your opponents know what team you're representing.

The rules, in case anyone has missed it: There are 8 groups, configured just the same as the NFL's 8 divisions. Each player will play 2 games against every other player in his group, just like in a normal tournament. After the first round, the winners of each group, the "division champions", will go to the "playoffs". The AFC division winners will play in one group, the NFC division champions in another. The winners of these two groups will go to the "Super Bowl" and play each other. Good luck to everyone!
  2. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 12:24
    Originally posted by telerion
    Josh Brown is a great kicker eh? What is it with the Rams and kickers?

First Adam Vinatieri and now Brown . . . 🙂
    yeah!
    they good just as easily be 7-6 and Seattle 6-7 w/ those being missed!
  3. Waterford
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 18:14
    Any more news on this tournament??
  4. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 18:17
    I wish

And I'm not even guarneteed a spot! I am looking for the Rams. Who has them might give em to me
    Bengals are open I heard so...!
  5. Waterford
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 18:05
    Originally posted by Ramned
    I wish

And I'm not even guarneteed a spot! I am looking for the Rams. Who has them might give em to me
    Bengals are open I heard so...!
    I support the patriots but had to pick someone else, the bears who i feel will win the superbowl....
  6. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:001 edit
    Originally posted by decies
    I support the patriots but had to pick someone else, the bears who i feel will win the superbowl....
    pfft Bears overrated.

Go with the Chargers or even the Saints, but the Bears..?

I don't think this tournaments happening.
  7. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:21
    Oh well, baseball is on the horizon. NASCAR too. Can I be Jeff Gordan?
  8. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 03:57
    Alright folks, really sorry I've been so slow to reply. Been busy with coming home, and the holidays and all that. Anyway, Russ got back to me and said that he would be unable to program the tournament specifically the way that we want him to, with everyone in pre-determined groups according to the division their team plays in. If it's going to be an official RHP tournament, all he can do is put everyone's names in and let the program generate random groups.

So, we have a decision to make. Do we want to go ahead and let Russ create an official tournament, with random groups? Or, do we just want to set this thing up manually? By that I mean, I will post a complete list of players, along with each player's team, and then everyone sets up the games with their opponents manually, by sending them each one challenge as White, one as Black.

Either PM me, or leave your vote in response to this post. Majority rules. Once again, here are the choices:

1. Russ creates the tourney himself, with random groups, so the NFL divisions are ignored.
    2. We create the tournament manually, maintaining division integrity.
  9. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 12:25
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    Alright folks, really sorry I've been so slow to reply. Been busy with coming home, and the holidays and all that. Anyway, Russ got back to me and said that he would be unable to program the tournament specifically the way that we want him to, with everyone in pre-determined groups according to the division their team plays in. If it's going to be an ...[text shortened]... ivisions are ignored.
    You haven't let me know if I'm in, but if I am in (as RAMS)

then do it tournament style. Manually will at some point get confusing or corrupt.
    It doesn't have to be 100% NFL realistic.

BTW what type tournament (grouped random, knockout...?)
  10. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 16:33
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    Alright folks, really sorry I've been so slow to reply. Been busy with coming home, and the holidays and all that. Anyway, Russ got back to me and said that he would be unable to program the tournament specifically the way that we want him to, with everyone in pre-determined groups according to the division their team plays in. If it's going to be an ...[text shortened]... ivisions are ignored.
    Let Russ create the tournament, Rob. It'll still be fun and won't bog you down with extra work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree